Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Indiana muskie

Kokomo Monster (2024) - C Flory Bidunga to Kansas

On 6/28/2022 at 1:28 PM, ebridges24 said:

wow, number 6, that's impressive. hope we've made some inroads with him.

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Is he still going to Bradley?

No. He is not going to Bradley.

His mentor Coach may be going to a P5 school though.

13 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

No. He is not going to Bradley.

His mentor Coach may be going to a P5 school though.

Correct. Probably worth maintaining a relationship in case things change IMHO

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Kokomo pounds Harrison 74-53.  Bidunga 22p.  13r.  3a.  4b

Harrison must have played a bunch of....not so good teams to be undefeated. They've got a kid headed to Marian who's tough and not much else to speak of outside of him. 

Kokomo (11-4) 62-38 win over Muncie Central (7-4).  Bidunga notched his 37th double-double in 42 career games, matching his 12 points with 12 rebounds, adding four blocks, three steals, three assists.  

Kokomo Tribune - 

Bidunga was wrapped up — literally at times — throughout the night. The 6-foot-10 junior was swarmed throughout the game and took a lot of hits as he battled for position. Usually all smiles, his fourth-quarter jam — following an offensive rebound where two defenders made hard contact and nearly knocked him over — seemed to have a little extra emphasis on it.

“I thought this was one of the worst nights where he just got hit every time, couldn’t move, couldn’t get in anywhere,” Peckinpaugh said. “He does a great job of staying positive and not letting it get to him, but [Friday] was bad.”

Kokomo blows the game open in the 4th and takes a 59-46 win over Indpls. Arsental Tech.  Bidunga 18p; 9r; 4b.  

Impressed with how well Bidunga runs the floor and not afraid to dive for loose balls.  Not something you see a lot of big men willing to do.  14 of his 18p were on dunks.  We always wonder if Trayce has a right hand and I wonder if Bidunga has a jump shot.  

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Kokomo blows the game open in the 4th and takes a 59-46 win over Indpls. Arsental Tech.  Bidunga 18p; 9r; 4b.  

Impressed with how well Bidunga runs the floor and not afraid to dive for loose balls.  Not something you see a lot of big men willing to do.  14 of his 18p were on dunks.  We always wonder if Trayce has a right hand and I wonder if Bidunga has a jump shot.  

Not yet he doesn't. His FT shooting does look better than last year (without looking at the numbers) and I don't think he'll ever be an outside shooter, but you hope that he can eventually develop a midrange game. Still so raw in so many ways. I know you weren't inferring this, but many people jokingly ask if he can do anything other than dunk and the answer to that is yes but at the HS level that isn't a necessity often. He's actually got nice touch around the rim, nice little jump hook and has even brought out a little fadeaway a few times. His development is fun to watch and I keep having to remind myself he's just a junior and has only been playing organized ball for a couple years. The little flashes of "what could eventually be" are tantalizing. 

7 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Not yet he doesn't. His FT shooting does look better than last year (without looking at the numbers) and I don't think he'll ever be an outside shooter, but you hope that he can eventually develop a midrange game. Still so raw in so many ways. I know you weren't inferring this, but many people jokingly ask if he can do anything other than dunk and the answer to that is yes but at the HS level that isn't a necessity often. He's actually got nice touch around the rim, nice little jump hook and has even brought out a little fadeaway a few times. His development is fun to watch and I keep having to remind myself he's just a junior and has only been playing organized ball for a couple years. The little flashes of "what could eventually be" are tantalizing. 

Couple of times after he grabbed a rebound he's the one that took it down the court and actually handled the ball on the dribble better than I expected.

7 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Not yet he doesn't. His FT shooting does look better than last year

7 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Stats for the year:

47 of 86 from the line (55%).

Last year FT 58-121 = 48%             

12 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Couple of times after he grabbed a rebound he's the one that took it down the court and actually handled the ball on the dribble better than I expected.

It's not a real low dribble, but he's able to still take off with it at full speed and guys just can't catch him. Him leading the fastbreak is quickly becoming my favorite thing to watch for during games. If he can continue to improve his handles, THAT is what's really going to elevate his offensive game. He's also a good passer out of double teams and does a good job of getting the ball to his guards on fast breaks and then racing ahead for lobs.