Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

IU at Purdue - 03/05/22 @ 2:00 on ESPN

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Players like XJ don’t exactly improve linearly. It’s not like the staff forgot about him or something.  He improved quite a bit early in conf season then seemed to regress around his suspension only to find his form again.  

Agree, a bit more focus and I think we could potentially be in a different spot going into conference season. X has the drive and passion unlike a few others. Setting those parameters and getting him playing in those earlier would then get others moving along. It didn't seem like that played out. That could be said for many of the players though.

15 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So does Indiana get home games for the NIT?

Then higher seeds get the home game.  I think there are 4  regions with 8 teams in each one.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Then higher seeds get the home game.  I think there are 4  regions with 8 teams in each one.

IU women will be hosting first two rounds of NCAA tourney which is the same weekend as the NIT, so men would have to play on the road regardless of seed from what I understand. 

24 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Inability to hit threes (25%) cost us another game. Played well enough otherwise.

I believe a big part of our inability is due to selection. Kopp and P Stew should not be taking threes off the bounce but should take the ones when they're wide open. With that alone, we should be a few percentage points better this season. Having Durr and Race take back to back threes is losing basketball too.

51 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

IU women will be hosting first two rounds of NCAA tourney which is the same weekend as the NIT, so men would have to play on the road regardless of seed from what I understand. 

First round of the NIT is Tuesday/Wednesday so we should at least be able to host the first round game.

2 hours ago, str8baller said:

Players like XJ don’t exactly improve linearly. It’s not like the staff forgot about him or something.  He improved quite a bit early in conf season then seemed to regress around his suspension only to find his form again.  

He lost his grandfather, who he was really close to, during that time.

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So does Indiana get home games for the NIT?

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.  We have proven we can compete against the best teams in the league.  We should of beat the top two teams twice, Wisky and Turdue 

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Get it done. Do a double header. Men's NIT and then Women's NCAAT. Do. IT. 

I think it’s a great idea. If they actually stepped up and did it, assuming they’re allowed to sell a “mega ticket”, they’d just about fill the place I’d guess. 

I’ll make another guess that the NCAA will smack that down for a dumb reason though. 

I am not upset with the way we played for the most part.  X was outstanding for the majority of the game minus the miscue on the TJD alley oop and that last play in which was a play he has never gotten called all year.  Kopp finally showed up, Stewart struggled yet again, Race didn’t score as much as he has the last 12 or so games, but all-in-all this team played hard and had a chance to win but like usual, had trouble closing out games 

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I think it’s a great idea. If they actually stepped up and did it, assuming they’re allowed to sell a “mega ticket”, they’d just about fill the place I’d guess. 

I’ll make another guess that the NCAA will smack that down for a dumb reason though. 

Well they "want to grow" the women's game, they just don't actually want anyone there to witness it. 

13 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well they "want to grow" the women's game, they just don't actually want anyone there to witness it. 

We still have a Men’s program they need to concentrate on and grow too