Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

IU at Purdue - 03/05/22 @ 2:00 on ESPN

Much better second half by TJD.  15 points and scored 13 in the second half on 6 of 10 shooting.  Race disappeared though....never got them going together.

Positives:  the turnover issues we had the first half of the season got taken care of.  We hit all 10 free throws today, just needed more of them.  X had TWELVE assists today....don't know, but that might be an IU record.

Team was better than last year’s…let’s hope next year’s improves upon this season. We don’t deserve to make the tournament (sans a great BTT run), but we are an NCAA-caliber team and objectively are a 9 seed in terms of talent. Just had a few games slip away this year that we needed to put our stamp on. Not trying to put lipstick on a pig, this program has a ways to go, but if we take that next step I think it puts our roster more in the 5-7 seed range rather than the next step being a bubble team in the tourney.

I will say that last few minutes of todays game was the most alive I’ve felt as an IUBB fan in the five years, so that’s something I guess…

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yup.

That was the one that mattered.

Yep, that hurt.  Make that, it comes down to one shot from Purdue.

If I'm a Purdue fan, I have no idea why Painter continues to have Stefanovic in on defense late in games.  Got burnt by Phin the last time we played, got burnt there and just got lucky.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yup.

That was the one that mattered.

What hurts worse:

-How we actually lost.

-Parker hitting that, then Ivey getting downhill and getting a bucket at the buzzer.

-Parker hitting that, then Ivey getting downhill and getting fouled at the buzzer, makes both. 

-Parker hitting that, then Ivey getting downhill and getting a bucket, getting fouled and making the free throw, and we still throw up a half court shot with 2 seconds left. 

(My turn to be “going through it” today)

13 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I can't stand the 'they are never going to call that at the end of the game'.  I get it that they don't, but seriously the contact there wasn't any different than when they called the foul on X's previous drive when we were down 4.

Called it in '02. Thankfully Jay Williams missed the free throw.

I would guess most every team goes through these types of scenarios in practice ... 

Down 2. 5 seconds left. Gotta go the length of the court. What do we do? 
Down 3. 10 seconds left. Got the ball at half-court.  What do we do?
Down 2. 4 seconds left. Inbounding from under our basket.  What do we do?
Tie game. They've got the ball. 30 seconds left.  What do we do?

But do we practice these? I honestly wonder.

Other than Rob's 3 at home against PU -- and that was with plenty of time left -- we've had absolutely no clue what to do in crunch time. None whatsoever. 

6 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Yep, that hurt.  Make that, it comes down to one shot from Purdue.

If I'm a Purdue fan, I have no idea why Painter continues to have Stefanovic in on defense late in games.  Got burnt by Phin the last time we played, got burnt there and just got lucky.

Speaking of Phin…could we not have run that play for Stewart with the Purdue killer in his hometown?

15 minutes ago, pappy1865 said:

They played hard. Fought. And I hate, HATE putting anything on officials, but Rob got hammered on a few drives that should have been an and 1, they called some pretty tricky tack and 1's to get Purdouche to the line. Yes, X should have had better end of game awareness, but Bo can eat a bag of penii. He's as bad as TV Teddy or Hightower.

Sent from my SM-G986U using BtownBanners mobile app

I hate big 10 basketball.  I am all for a little bumping and grinding underneath, but they don't call squat.  And then they hit you with the little ticky tack crap away from the ball.  Come tourney time, the Big hardly makes it thru the first weekend.