Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

southernindianahoosier2

Goodman on the Hoosier Hysterics Podcast

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think my man from Buffalouie’s is the guy these days. Lol

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

haha, how long has he been doing that? He does have a real nice collection of signed memorabilia. Although, that only happens at O$U for tattoos and such.

I think my man from Buffalouie’s is the guy these days. Lol

It’s a front dining experience to secretly fund Indiana athletics, and I’m here for it. Is he upset with the results yet? Lol.

52 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

So a booster hires their relative and pays them a few hundred thousand dollars a year. We good?

If that's what the job pays and they conduct the work.

50 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It’s a front dining experience to secretly fund Indiana athletics, and I’m here for it. Is he upset with the results yet? Lol.

Probably didn't work well when Buffalouies was on 17th.

17 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

ok, against the rules.  Grey area isn't against the rules.

To recap:

illegal - no

against rules - no

gray - okay

Were you a fan under Knight? Davis? Crean? Archie?

This is where we are as a fan base and program. We want to be able to hold onto that false "holier than thou" attitude while downplaying what has happened in our program's history. We want to be able to compete with the big dogs without going all in to play the game. If that's what we want for the program we'll need one hell of a coach.

24 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

If that's what the job pays and they conduct the work.

If they're not qualified for that role? Part-time (when they feel like showing up) administrative assistance making six figures?

Let's get the goon squad on it to start funneling players to IU, again!

13 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

If they're not qualified for that role? Part-time (when they feel like showing up) administrative assistance making six figures?

Let's get the goon squad on it to start funneling players to IU, again!

Depends on their qualifications. Bill Gates wasn't qualified to get a tech job that required a degree.

18 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

To recap:

illegal - no

against rules - no

gray - okay

Were you a fan under Knight? Davis? Crean? Archie?

This is where we are as a fan base and program. We want to be able to hold onto that false "holier than thou" attitude while downplaying what has happened in our program's history. We want to be able to compete with the big dogs without going all in to play the game. If that's what we want for the program we'll need one hell of a coach.

I don't know what improprieties took place. I know we only had public issues under Sampson (who you failed to mention).

9 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I don't know what improprieties took place. I know we only had public issues under Sampson (who you failed to mention).

I failed to mention him because I think most everyone agrees we'd rather not want drug users/dealers (of that variety) associated with the program among other improprieties.

So you'd be cool if we did what we had to do as long as you didn't know it was taking place?

It looks like a difference we're talking about is giving free food compared to paying a player. In the Knight, Davis,  days guys would get some benefits from being basketball players but no one was given straight cash to my knowledge. If someone knows of that I would love to hear it. 

8 hours ago, Chris007 said:

It looks like a difference we're talking about is giving free food compared to paying a player. In the Knight, Davis,  days guys would get some benefits from being basketball players but no one was given straight cash to my knowledge. If someone knows of that I would love to hear it. 

Steve Alford got in trouble for being in a calendar as I recall.

Well that depends. Lol. Not just free food. I know for sure they would go grab target cards, and others, etc. spending money. Access to cars. But we clearly need to up our game because our recruiting perks are about as aged and our results and many schools have leapfrogged us.

11 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I wouldn't call landing jobs you don't qualify for or participate in while receiving a salary free food. House and some "get right" money is a little more than free food.

13 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I failed to mention him because I think most everyone agrees we'd rather not want drug users/dealers (of that variety) associated with the program among other improprieties.

So you'd be cool if we did what we had to do as long as you didn't know it was taking place?

I can't be uncool if I don't know it's taking place. 

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

I wouldn't call landing jobs you don't qualify for or participate in while receiving a salary free food. House and some "get right" money is a little more than free food.

Who got jobs they didn't qualify for?