Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Rutgers - 03/02/22 @ 7:00 on BTN

8 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

I can’t say anything for sure, but your alma mater, which may have the deepest pockets in all of sports, opens up. On top of that, he is divorced but still has children that live in Texas. He wasn’t going to end up anywhere but Texas.

Maybe we should have asked but have some common sense, he wasn’t going to end up here.

At least lose to him in a bidding war than assume he's not going to come and not even reach out. 

35 minutes ago, Deserthoozier said:

Rutgers didn’t have athletics until they joined the B1G!!! And this is what we deliver with our ‘premier’ program!!!

Rutgers played in the first college football game ever. They've had athletics for over 150 years.

11 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Just a giant exhale is all I can do.

all of us saw this coming, many from early in the season. Flawed roster that lacks competitive nature combined with strange coaching decisions equals not making the tournament

so sad because it didn’t need to be this way. There was enough talent on the roster to be in the tourney and that was all we needed to have a shred of momentum

I don't think there is.  It was made up in our minds -- this guy this, that guy that.  Talent shows up game after game after game.  Talent kills.  Talent carrys a dagger and uses it when the openent is on it's last breath.  We had guys play above their talent and won a few big ones.  When they played to their talent, we where the inferior team.  Kills me to say it.  

15 minutes ago, str8baller said:

And I reiterate….IU isn’t qualified to land Woodson. He could’ve waited and got another pro job. 

It isn’t a perfect fit, but IU didn’t do him any favors. If anything, he did IU a favor. 

Anybody is qualified to land Woodson lmao he’s an nba re tread that was an assistant because he got fired from being a head coach so many times

8 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

One thing (among many) that confuses me  ... 

During TJD's presser discussing his decision to stay, he was jacked up about how he was gonna spend the offseason and this extra year working on his deficiencies. He was gonna learn to go to his right and develop a mid-range jumper. 

Flash forward 9 months: He still can't go to his right and still has no mid-range jumper. 

Woody convinced him with what he had to improve on...

Woody convinced Kopp to come to IU to "expand his game"...

Woody got Phin's confidence back that Arch sent to the moon on a rocket...

I would love to be a "player's program" but you have to develop a culture or hard work before that happens. Woody has his work cutout for him this off-season. It's much easier to go from being a hard @$$, program first and ease off than it is to go from being cool to dropping the hammer. It'll be interesting to see how it works out.

That stands whether we squeak into the big dance or host the little one.

IU has a lot of flaws one of the main ones is players who cannot shoot and another is players who cannot get there own shot off. Bottom line if Woodson is going to play NBA offense he needs better athletes. Time will tell but I have to give his first year of coaching a c- at best. He is going to have to be a good recruiter to succeed in this business. I hope for the best. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

IU players skipping class and doing drugs is nothing new. And I don’t want choir boys, I want ball players. IU could have worked with Sampson to figure things out like most other elite programs would do but the administration wanted to virtue signal and then give ourselves the death penalty. We fired an outstanding coach for making too many phone calls while other schools look the other way when their coaches deliver duffle bags.

He was on probation and by extension so was IU.

We didn’t give ourselves the death penalty. Crean kicked those guys off when he got here. 

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

I don't think there is.  It was made up in our minds -- this guy this, that guy that.  Talent shows up game after game after game.  Talent kills.  Talent carrys a dagger and uses it when the openent is on it's last breath.  We had guys play above their talent and won a few big ones.  When they played to their talent, we where the inferior team.  Kills me to say it.  

100% spot on.  We had too many 1 dimensional players who we all thought would be better and TJD fed us false hope by saying he was going to improve his deficiencies.  

Just to prove your statement, Davis for Wisconsin and Harper for Rutgers carry’s the Dagger, just ask IU and Purdue 

Can someone provide inside info on why "No one wanted the job".... How is louisville a better destination that IU? 

It is just something they say to explain why iu fails. I will never believe nobody wants a high paying job because they are scared of the moment

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Yes I thought that was weird. What did they do work on it for a couple days and just give up? Never seen someone of his caliber say their going to work on something and not even improve a tiny bit

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Woody has indicated in press comments he does it in practice but can't get him to do it in the game.  Don't know why.  

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

We lost so many games that we had no business losing including tonight. A coach and team that doesn’t know how to win, how to close games out. That has been the season

As soon as we got up by 10 I owned DraftKings to bet on Rutgers because I had no faith they would step on their throats. Hey proved that over and over and over that they can outplay a team for 30 minutes and lose. They did again tonight

25 minutes ago, str8baller said:

And I reiterate….IU isn’t qualified to land Woodson. He could’ve waited and got another pro job. 

It isn’t a perfect fit, but IU didn’t do him any favors. If anything, he did IU a favor. 

Lol this is a good troll but it’s completely ridiculous. Woodson got fired by the Knicks in 2014 and didn’t get another head coaching job until we hired him. No one wanted to hire him. The NBA reuses head coaches like crazy and still no one wanted him. Not surprising. He won 46% of his games and made it past the first round 3 times in 9 seasons. We hired the guy no one wanted and we see how that’s going for us.

5 minutes ago, str8baller said:

He was on probation and by extension so was IU.

We didn’t give ourselves the death penalty. Crean kicked those guys off when he got here. 

Actually, I thought Dackich kicked the problems off.  Crean had to use baseball players to fill the roster, no.  

Look at Greg Gards roster this year. That’s what we need to hope for at some point. Indiana can’t/won’t buy a roster. We sure as hell can’t outcoach our way to success. This season will be a major knock on Woody much like Archie’s Romeo season. Momentum is sunk again. Nobody cares if you played and coached in the NBA if you can’t win in college. Future isn’t bright. I feel really bad for the players and staff. They’ve made their jobs infinitely harder.

I guess it’s just another season where the bar of success gets dropped another few rungs.

I want us to be a top 10 program, and we can’t even be a top 50 program. Archie and staff better recruit as if their coaching lives depend on it because it does.

Sad…..

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

We lost so many games that we had no business losing including tonight. A coach and team that doesn’t know how to win, how to close games out. That has been the season

As soon as we got up by 10 I owned DraftKings to bet on Rutgers because I had no faith they would step on their throats. Hey proved that over and over and over that they can outplay a team for 30 minutes and lose. They did again tonight

As soon as Rutgers went zone and we failed to hit anything outside, it was over.  That's on the players.