Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Rutgers - 03/02/22 @ 7:00 on BTN

So many disgusting and inexcusable things but what bothers me most is when winning time came, a program like Rutgers can come into our place and shove it down our throat. Their players looked like they wanted it more at the end and looked like they knew they were going to win. And not a single person is surprised it happened. I'll never walk away from this program. But I'm not sure how to accept that we are who we are. At the moment, a total has-been middle of the road, just meh. And my hopes of that changing are on life support. 

Just now, JSHoosier said:

There wasn't an "IU guy" qualified, and didn't take much to see that; Dolson either didn't see that or didn't care, both of which are bad.

Would be hard to prove but I truly wonder if the donation that was made to buyout Archie and pay for a new coach came with a stipulation that it had to be Brad Stevens or an IU guy. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest

2 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Name your source. 

The Truth.  Nobody was knocking down the door.  One poster even idicated some of the "names" agents where contacted and express no interest.  It was Woody, or the kid who coaches the FIJI intermural team.  

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

We could not.  Who would it be and why?  IU is a "football school."

We’re not a football school. Tom Allen is a clown that thinks love wins football games. We won 2 games this year and we will be lucky to win 5 next year.

2 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Then keep going down the list, thus the “others”. Woodson wouldn’t even sniff this job to be honest if he didn’t play here and there being a large segment of the fan base hoping for an IU guy

Bro…Woodson wouldn’t even consider coming here if he didn’t play here.   

IU doesn’t have a lot of options. Davis, Sampson, Crean, Archie…that isn’t a history that screams people want to coach here.  

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

IU doesn’t have a lot of options. Davis, Sampson, Crean, Archie…that isn’t a history that screams people want to coach here.  

Woodson isnt qualified for this job. He got it bc he played here. If he didn’t play here he wouldn’t consider it bc he isn’t qualified for it.

8 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

We need horses.  We don't have them.  Rutgers goes zone and we have several open 3s and can't hit water if we fell out of a boat.  Old IU teams would have crushed that and made them cry.  We peed down our leg.   Cut a bunch of guys loose and go find some killers please.  

Yes.  I'm not sure how much better this group would be with a different coach.  Same players, with the same short comings making the same stupid decisions.

Woodson's fate/success hinges as much on his ability to dramatically improve the roster (and quick) as it does his coaching ability.  Obviosly his recruiting can't be judged yet, but his first results in the transfer market are unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Would be hard to prove but I truly wonder if the donation that was made to buyout Archie and pay for a new coach came with a stipulation that it had to be Brad Stevens or an IU guy. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest

I still don't get how you buy out Archie Miller to bring in Mike Woodson.

But evidently, that's IU athletics for you these days.

One AD makes 2 huge mistakes in extending Crean then hiring Archie, next AD says "hold my beer".

4 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

We’re not a football school. Tom Allen is a clown that thinks love wins football games. We won 2 games this year and we will be lucky to win 5 next year.

thus the "  "   

2 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

Woodson isnt qualified for this job. He got it bc he played here. If he didn’t play here he wouldn’t consider it bc he isn’t qualified for it.

And I reiterate….IU isn’t qualified to land Woodson. He could’ve waited and got another pro job. 

It isn’t a perfect fit, but IU didn’t do him any favors. If anything, he did IU a favor. 

4 minutes ago, str8baller said:

You are 100% correct.  Sampscum cheating like he did put us in a bind and the best we could get is a coach who is now on the hot seat at Georgia, a football school.  Archie was a big let down and nobody but Woodson was really interested.  So here we are.  

7 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

I can tell you Beard certainly wasn’t going to end up here. His alma mater opened up and he still has family in Texas.

He didn't end up here because we didn't ask. Only Beard know's if he would come here or not. If in 5 years he goes to UNC or DUKE, then where's your argument stand? 

If Woody wants to win here, he needs to make some decisions for those who have an extra year! Nope sorry your not coming back, then find some transfers. I only want to see the underclassman and maybe Race come back, but at this point I would say he is gone. This roster doesn’t have the talent that everyone has hyped for the last couple years. We know Robs limit, we know TJDs limit, we know Xs limit! Race is the only one that has seemed to improve. We have some underclassman that have potential but I’m not sure if they can develop enough to fix this mess or not in the off season. Geronimo looks like he could but still has a long way to go. Bates has a long way to go. Trey is getting there but needs to make a serious overhaul on that jump shot. 

All we needed this year was someone to step up and be a consistent shooter, and for TJD to develop his right hand and some sort of jumper! 

I’m sorry but if those guys are limited then so is Race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a giant exhale is all I can do.

all of us saw this coming, many from early in the season. Flawed roster that lacks competitive nature combined with strange coaching decisions equals not making the tournament

so sad because it didn’t need to be this way. There was enough talent on the roster to be in the tourney and that was all we needed to have a shred of momentum