Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Rutgers - 03/02/22 @ 7:00 on BTN

1 minute ago, Deserthoozier said:

Rutgers didn’t have athletics until they joined the B1G!!! And this is what we deliver with our ‘premier’ program!!!

Am I missing something? I think this is the second time I’ve seen someone say this.

2 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

I have been mr positive but enough is enough. Woodson was a cheap hire bc this admin doesn’t want to open their pockets. Dolson hired Woodson and extended Tom Allen maybe he should be fired.

Jury is out on Woody but in regards to the administration not opening their pockets….they supposedly offered Brad 10mm a year.

To be fair to Crean (which is probably an unpopular take) we won the BT in 2015-2016 with a 15-3 conference record,  went to the sweet 16 and lost to University of No Classes which went to the final game and only lost by 3. Not shabby.
I don't think anybody will argue we have taken a step or two back since crean. Crean wasn't winning enough or up to where we thought we should be. Competing for championships and I agree. But we suck way worse now. We're not competitive and that is sad

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Hate to say it, but if woody has any sense he gets rid of everyone not named Geronimo and Galloway and maybe Bates.  

If TJD wants to come back, ok. Otherwise hit the transfer market. These guys aren’t players. 

No TJD. Has no clue how to finish

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

Jury is out on Woody but in regards to the administration not opening their pockets….they supposedly offered Brad 10mm a year.

Supposedly. Even then there were a hundred candidates better and we went the nostalgia route. Next Georgetown here we come!

4 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

To be fair to Crean (which is probably an unpopular take) we won the BT in 2015-2016 with a 15-3 conference record,  went to the sweet 16 and lost to University of No Classes which went to the final game and only lost by 3. Not shabby.

Crean will be available soon. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Am I missing something? I think this is the second time I’ve seen someone say this.

I have no idea what they mean when they say Rutgers didn’t have athletics prior to joining the BT. They were one of the final four teams when we won it all in back in 1976.

I don't think anybody will argue we have taken a step or two back since crean. Crean wasn't winning enough or up to where we thought we should be. Competing for championships and I agree. But we suck way worse now. We're not competitive and that is sad

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Maybe we need to go back to an offensive minded coach. Have gone for defensive minds and the offense has been terrible.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

We need horses.  We don't have them.  Rutgers goes zone and we have several open 3s and can't hit water if we fell out of a boat.  Old IU teams would have crushed that and made them cry.  We peed down our leg.   Cut a bunch of guys loose and go find some killers please.  

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

I have no idea what they mean when they say Rutgers didn’t have athletics prior to joining the BT. They were one of the final four teams when we won it all in back in 1976.

Maybe they where semi pro.  :) 

Just now, IU_FanClub said:

Supposedly. Even then there were a hundred candidates better and we went the nostalgia route. Next Georgetown here we come!

I truly hope that Woodson works out but if it doesn’t the hiring of Dolson will be a interesting milestone to look back on. Hire an AD without the preconceived notion we need an IU leading the basketball program will be something to look back on in hindsight which I have no doubt this board will do if Woodson flames out. Could have been interesting to consider where IU could have gone if that $10M offer for Stevens was truly a thing. Surely could have used some of that money for Beard, Oats or others on the wish list. Just stewing and considering my what ifs