Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Rutgers - 03/02/22 @ 7:00 on BTN

3 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

The curse of Archie Miller's lousy recruiting continues to cause us misery.  Langford may be the only good shooter he brought in and I'm not sure how possible it is to get one in the portal - good shooters are too valuable and the competition for the few available is massive.

This goes beyond the Archie era. It’s been almost 30 years since we’ve been significant nationally. 

Announcers said we were stunned. Not really. Unfortunately…. We’re used it.
IU dumpster fire basketball Established since 2013.
Sad.
Really. Sad.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Does this set an all time record for missed NCAA in a row? 6 years? What in the absolute F………….

I feel like there is a absolute legit chance we may go 10 years

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

So many games we have given away this year! Seriously, that has to be what game #8(yes, counting NW game) that we simply gave away?

We are Rutgers *****! How’s that sound

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Once again our offseason will be spent hoping for major roster turnover. 

That's not what winning programs do.

Feels bad. 

No, it’s not. But winning programs don’t keep around the type of guys we have. 

Catch-22.  

If Woody wants to win here, he needs to make some decisions for those who have an extra year! Nope sorry your not coming back, then find some transfers. I only want to see the underclassman and maybe Race come back, but at this point I would say he is gone. This roster doesn’t have the talent that everyone has hyped for the last couple years. We know Robs limit, we know TJDs limit, we know Xs limit! Race is the only one that has seemed to improve. We have some underclassman that have potential but I’m not sure if they can develop enough to fix this mess or not in the off season. Geronimo looks like he could but still has a long way to go. Bates has a long way to go. Trey is getting there but needs to make a serious overhaul on that jump shot. 

All we needed this year was someone to step up and be a consistent shooter, and for TJD to develop his right hand and some sort of jumper! 

So many games we have given away this year! Seriously, that has to be what game #8(yes, counting NW game) that we simply gave away?

We are Rutgers *****! How’s that sound

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Sounds great but unfortunately we're below rutgers. We're bottom feeder big 10 team Penn St northwestern indiana and Nebraska

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

So this mean we get another home game? I'm so disappointed

Everything you need to know about the IU administration will be known if they accept an NIT bid.  

Nothing good can come if it. if we flame out of the B1G tourney and miss the NCAAs we should end the season and focus on next year. Anything else is a waste and borderline negligence. 

This team just isn’t fun to watch. Our offense is gross. It’s even worse than Archie ball. Our defense is very good but we can’t get stops when it matters most. We let their best player walk up the floor and splash a 3 to win the game. Coaching was awful. His rotations were awful. He blew our last timeout 3 seconds after Rutgers called timeout. Would’ve been nice to have one at the end. 

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

We are 18-11 right now. 

Were we really 16-5 at one point, or am I imagining that? 

Feb 2nd hit, Bloomington Bob popped out of the ground, saw his shadow and proclaimed, "IU shall play like crap for the next 6 weeks"

2 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Announcers said we were stunned. Not really. Unfortunately…. We’re used it.
IU dumpster fire basketball Established since 2013.
Sad.
Really. Sad.

To be fair to Crean (which is probably an unpopular take) we won the BT in 2015-2016 with a 15-3 conference record,  went to the sweet 16 and lost to University of No Classes which went to the final game and only lost by 3. Not shabby.