Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Rutgers - 03/02/22 @ 7:00 on BTN

With a minute or two to go Hummel summed it up well when he said he didn’t know who IU could go to.  Rutgers has Harper, PU has Ivey, Wiscy has Davis/Davison, etc but who is our “go-to” at crunch time? Just a glaring hole.

^^^This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

That essentially ends the tourney chances

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Nah…win one in the BTT and we’re probably right on the bubble. Who really cares though. I think I’m done with these guys. Nice kids but basketball-wise it’s a tough cheer. 

The curse of Archie Miller's lousy recruiting continues to cause us misery.  Langford may be the only good shooter he brought in and I'm not sure how possible it is to get one in the portal - good shooters are too valuable and the competition for the few available is massive.

2 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

This is the problem with IU athletics.  All media circles treat it with kid gloves in fear of losing access to games.  There’s no accountability . This is what happens when incompetence flourishes. 

#scottdolson and the board 

Had three point-blank looks down the stretch -- missed 'em all. 

Race's shot, TJD's putback try and Rob's layup. Just can't miss shots like that. 

I re-watched Rob's drive and couldn't tell if he got fouled or not. I just think instead of finishing the drive, he anticipated a foul -- and didn't get it. Even had he been fouled, he could've (and should've) made that layup. 

Just now, pumpfake said:

The curse of Archie Miller's lousy recruiting continues to cause us misery.  Langford may be the only good shooter he brought in and I'm not sure how possible it is to get one in the portal - good shooters are too valuable and the competition for the few available is massive.

Calipari somehow found a darned way with a guy like Grady. We just have a lot of dudes who know how to lose and no one who knows how to win. None of these kids have ever been successful at the collegiate level. 

Just now, NOLA Hoosier said:

Embarrassing. Program’s dead. No easy way to put it.

Dead. The only people who can’t see this clearly are Indiana fans. This program has deeper issues than the coach. At some point you have to put your time and energy into other things and that time is now. I’ve been close the last 2 seasons but I’m absolutely done now. I feel at ease with that. This board has truly been the best part about Indiana basketball for the last 10 years. Really great community. Cheers! 

And I felt like Langford wasn't a good shooter. Maybe he was Stat wise? Just didn't ever have that pure shooter feel like we used to get

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Hate to say it, but if woody has any sense he gets rid of everyone not named Geronimo and Galloway and maybe Bates.  

If TJD wants to come back, ok. Otherwise hit the transfer market. These guys aren’t players. 

Once again our offseason will be spent hoping for major roster turnover. 

That's not what winning programs do.

Feels bad.