Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Minnesota - 02/27/22 @ 6:00 ET on ESPN2

31 minutes ago, Rico said:

At some point in time you have to give the other team a little bit of credit.

A little but I think this has happened too many times against this team.  I still think they lost their focus again and allowed Minnesota to start getting very open looks that they finally started making and then allowed them to gain their confidence.  When is this team ever going to learn when you step on an opposing teams neck and let up, keep the pressure on until it snaps!  They call that the killer instinct, which we don’t have.

On another frustrating note, TJD is becoming more and more predictable to guard because he only wants to go left!

1 hour ago, Ryno6284 said:

Sorry, misunderstood your response!  You were talking about the Durr minutes?

Yup! Cares deeply about the game, does not care about giving little Timmy (Priller?) some minutes because mom and dad are in town. 

38 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Didn't realize the weird college career Payton Willis has had. 

Played two years at Vandy. 
Transferred to Minny for two years. Redshirted a year. Played a year.
Transferred to College of Charleston. Played a year. 
Transferred back to Minny for this, his final season. It's his sixth year of college. 

Wonder if Armaan Franklin or Clifton Moore will come back to IU next year? LOL!

Hey that Clifton Moore guy was showing up on draft boards before he ever played a college game…we could use a talent infusion. 

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Hey that Clifton Moore guy was showing up on draft boards before he ever played a college game…we could use a talent infusion. 

I’m rolling with the made up rumor that USPS pulled out of his backside last night.

Let’s get Nijel Pack into the portal!

A little but I think this has happened too many times against this team.  I still think they lost their focus again and allowed Minnesota to start getting very open looks that they finally started making and then allowed them to gain their confidence.  When is this team ever going to learn when you step on an opposing teams neck and let up, keep the pressure on until it snaps!  They call that the killer instinct, which we don’t have.

On another frustrating note, TJD is becoming more and more predictable to guard because he only wants to go left!

So do we think he has benefited from playing for Woodson who was to get him better at all those they watched on the videos last year? I will give him shot blocking and being more explosive but wondering if the Davis-Jackson’s feel he has improved as expected

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

So do we think he has benefited from playing for Woodson who was to get him better at all those they watched on the videos last year? I will give him shot blocking and being more explosive but wondering if the Davis-Jackson’s feel he has improved as expected

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

He’s gotten better in some areas but down the stretch he seems to have reverted back to going strictly left down the stretch.  Earlier in the year he was going right but wasn’t shooting with his right.  Earlier in the year he was taking a few outside shots but totally abandoned it in early December.  He is a much better passer out of the post than he used to be too!

Yes I think he has benefited but his draft stock probably has not.  I don’t know if he were to stay one more year if he could raise his draft stock.  

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Didn't realize the weird college career Payton Willis has had. 

Played two years at Vandy. 
Transferred to Minny for two years. Redshirted a year. Played a year.
Transferred to College of Charleston. Played a year. 
Transferred back to Minny for this, his final season. It's his sixth year of college. 

Wonder if Armaan Franklin or Clifton Moore will come back to IU next year? LOL!

I would take Clifton for sure.

57 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Jordan Geronimo’s line in only 13 minutes tonight?

10 points on 4/5 fg, 2/2 ft, 3 rebounds, a block, and no turnovers.

Hot stuff.

He will be a more athletic and better shooting Race Thompson in 2 years. That’s not a knock on Thompson either, he has become my favorite player. I just think Geronimo has that plus another gear

Outside of collapsing at the end (Kid from Minnesota wouldn't miss) this was a good win. This team goes as Xavier Johnson goes. He had B1G Player of the Week performances against Maryland and Minnesota. There have been certain players at Indiana where if they had an outstanding game you knew the team would win (Watford and Williams come to mind).

I liked seeing the team look for Parker and Miller. Geronimo was awesome off the bench.

Right now the Bracket Matrix has IU as the last 4 in. I feel if they can beat Rutgers, Indiana will at least be one of the 68 teams in. Lose to Purdue and in the first round of the BTT they may be in Dayton. IU is probably stuck in the 8 vs. 9 game so they'll be playing anther bubble team potentially. 

Question for everyone...do we know who Indiana will recognize on Senior Night yet? This is something I'm interested in. Right now X, Rob, Durr, Miller, Race, and Parker are "juniors" but are actually seniors. My understanding is they all get an extra year and could return. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Jordan Geronimo’s line in only 13 minutes tonight?

10 points on 4/5 fg, 2/2 ft, 3 rebounds, a block, and no turnovers.

Hot stuff.

I'm sorry but I think it's coaching malpractice that kid doesn't play more. For some reason I have a sick feeling he will hit the portal due to lack of playing time. He was so close to leaving last year. I can see him being a starter next year. He should be getting WAY more than 12 minutes a game. 

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I snuck out of work to run over to the United center to watch that game knowing how important it was to us. 
I unfortunately found out it wasn’t as important to the team as it was for me

I don't want to get too off topic but I remember a certain former 5 star recruit looking like he had other places he would rather be.

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm sorry but I think it's coaching malpractice that kid doesn't play more. For some reason I have a sick feeling he will hit the portal due to lack of playing time. He was so close to leaving last year. I can see him being a starter next year. 

I wish he’d play more minutes too.

BTW, apparently he loves loves Woody.

I fully expect Race to be gone and Jordan to get as many minutes without fouling out as he can handle next year.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I fully expect Race to be gone and Jordan to get as many minutes without fouling out as he can handle next year.

Good. If he's all in on Woodson he's not going anywhere. 

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Wish Woody loved loved loved him. Geronimo and Trey are going to be awesome energetic/glue guys if we can surround them with superior talent while they are upper classmen