Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brandon Ramsey watching Flory Bidunga at the Run n Slam --  One thing is for certain about Flory Bidunga (Kokomo H.S. 2024)…he is NOT raw. That narrative has never fit. Literally one of the most fundamentally sound big men I’ve evaluated in Indiana. Post moves are great. Wide base. Strong. Good footwork. Great hands. He has it all!

Final: Indiana Elite 2024 3SSB 61 Ohio Buckets Garcia 2024 48 Flory Bidguna (Kokomo H.S. 2024) finished with 14 points. Cooper Koch and Travis Perry both were very good as well.

Side note on Bidunga --  Bradley offered this morning.  Shocking, I know!

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Brandon Ramsey watching Flory Bidunga at the Run n Slam --  One thing is for certain about Flory Bidunga (Kokomo H.S. 2024)…he is NOT raw. That narrative has never fit. Literally one of the most fundamentally sound big men I’ve evaluated in Indiana. Post moves are great. Wide base. Strong. Good footwork. Great hands. He has it all!

Final: Indiana Elite 2024 3SSB 61 Ohio Buckets Garcia 2024 48 Flory Bidguna (Kokomo H.S. 2024) finished with 14 points. Cooper Koch and Travis Perry both were very good as well.

Side note on Bidunga --  Bradley offered this morning.  Shocking, I know!

So if he's not raw is he just pretty bad? Raw is just code for "not very good right now," after all. If he's bad enough that he gets labeled as raw even though his fundamentals are good? Probably not a good sign.

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

2024 SG Jonathan Powell isn’t having much trouble playing up in 17U. He scored 25 points in Wildcat Select’s comeback win to start the morning, with 19 in the 2nd half. Didn’t settle for 3’s & converted in traffic multiple times.

Hope he gets on campus/gets an offer soon. Cupps dishing him assists all year will be a nice recruiting tool. 

17 hours ago, go iu bb said:

So if he's not raw is he just pretty bad? Raw is just code for "not very good right now," after all. If he's bad enough that he gets labeled as raw even though his fundamentals are good? Probably not a good sign.

Brandon Ramsey isn't the gospel. He seems like a really good person, I would highly, highly question his ability to correctly evaluate talent, and how talent projects in major D1 basketball. 

That is an opinion. Credentials matter a whole lot to me, and I don't see what his are. 

Final: Indiana Elite 3SSB (16u) 75 Indy Heat EYBL (16u) 73

Travis Perry led all scorers with 25 points.  Cooper Koch added 16 while Flory Bidunga had 12 in the win.  For Indy Heat, Kanon Catchings led with 18 points, Trent Sisley finished with 16, & Jalen Haralson had 15 points.

From a different tweeter -

• Travis Perry-26P 7R 4A (3 3PM) 
  • Cooper Koch-16P 6R
  • Flory Bidunga-14P 9R 4B

Brady Dunlap (four 3s, 25 points) and Andrew Meadow (three 3s, 25 points) led Strive 4 Greatness past Atlanta Xpress 105-99 in OT as Gabe Cupps and Bronny James were reunited on SFG.  Jakai Newton had three 3s and 22 points for Xpress.

You can watch this game via this link.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/watch-gabe-cupps-rejoins-bronny-james-faces-jakai-newton-as-iu-basketball-2023-commits-go-head-to-head/?fbclid=IwAR2kDo2AFUEwh5TmMwwBdtpHCiu4LAfXU_IljvJP0twZZn9HATaR6MM8jL0

NOTE:  Dunlap is a player we've been following through this AAU season.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

@Demo that's your cue!

Yeah, the timing of that was pretty funny. By pure coincidence I watched a couple of Dunlap games and sent this to the MODs yesterday morning:
     “Brady’s a nice player. The game announcers said he’s up to 6’8”. Average length. Good frame. He’ll probably play at something like 220 eventually.  Not the quickest kid, but a good enough run/jump athlete. If you’re recruiting him you’re looking at him primarily as a catch and shoot guy. Great looking stroke. Quick release. Effortless deep range. Cleaner off the catch than off the dribble. Nice handle but he’s not beating good defenders off the dribble. Shows vision and some playmaking for others. Sierra Canyon was pretty physical with him and he played through it fine. He’s a better defender than you’d think looking at him. His footwork is really good and he’s very disciplined with his hands. He was matched up a decent amount with Amari Bailey, who’s explosive as hell and a no doubt Pro, and he held up ok. He’ll be able to defend 2 and 3 and some 4’s. I like him, don’t love him. He’s more scheme specific than most of the kids they’ve offered. He knows how to play and he can shoot, so he can help.”

•  

20 minutes ago, Demo said:

Yeah, the timing of that was pretty funny. By pure coincidence I watched a couple of Dunlap games and sent this to the MODs yesterday morning:
     “Brady’s a nice player. The game announcers said he’s up to 6’8”. Average length. Good frame. He’ll probably play at something like 220 eventually.  Not the quickest kid, but a good enough run/jump athlete. If you’re recruiting him you’re looking at him primarily as a catch and shoot guy. Great looking stroke. Quick release. Effortless deep range. Cleaner off the catch than off the dribble. Nice handle but he’s not beating good defenders off the dribble. Shows vision and some playmaking for others. Sierra Canyon was pretty physical with him and he played through it fine. He’s a better defender than you’d think looking at him. His footwork is really good and he’s very disciplined with his hands. He was matched up a decent amount with Amari Bailey, who’s explosive as hell and a no doubt Pro, and he held up ok. He’ll be able to defend 2 and 3 and some 4’s. I like him, don’t love him. He’s more scheme specific than most of the kids they’ve offered. He knows how to play and he can shoot, so he can help.”

•  

To me this sounds like a player who’s as good or better shooting than the typical “just-a-shooter” type and also offers enough else to be a high major guy. A fit if you have other ballhandlers, maybe?