Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ O$U - 2/21/22 @ 7:00 on FS1-TV

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

What bothers me is the lack of progress of a go-to move. I don't care at this point if he can hit a 12 ft jumper or drains 3's in warmups. But find one post-up move and perfect it. 

Along these same lines, if stretching his game was never going to be a thing, he needs to be a lot better around the rim, go-to move or not. I don't watch enough college basketball to know for sure, but I'd be hard pressed to believe there is another power 5 big man (who is actually worth anything at all) who misses more shots within 5 feet and is worse at finishing through contact than Trayce is. 

31 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

What bothers me is the lack of progress of a go-to move. I don't care at this point if he can hit a 12 ft jumper or drains 3's in warmups. But find one post-up move and perfect it. 

First post here after being at the game with family.  After the lack of offense in the first half, I was surprised at the scoring in the 2nd half.

Seems the last few minutes Ohio State did better on defense.  Crowd got into it.  

But, throughout the contest and in many games lately there is one thing that I do not understand.

Why does Coach Woody not change the offense when the ball gets into TJD's hands?  The perimeter guy feeds TJD usually on the right.  TJD hesitates.  The perimeter guy scoots to the other side of the court.  I guess to draw his defender.  But, instead, TJD gets doubled with no one available for the kickout.

So there are many questioning TJD's lack of flexibility in scoring.  There are comments about lack of offense.  This is on Coach Woody.  Why stick TJD about 8 feet out on the right with two defenders and no options?

Sure, we can talk about the free throws, Xavier's turnovers at the start, mental errors, Race and his turnover, lack of movement, lack of assists, lack of shooters, shortage of available guards, roster management, and Trayce's hesitation..but when trying for bread and butter score and TJD is set up to fail...why?

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I never wanted to hire Woody, but I also never expected our offense to be even worse under him than it was under Archie.

In one of his recent press appearances Woodson said he wants to run a pick and roll offense but the players are struggling with it.  Thus the force it into TJD and stand around offense. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

In one of his recent press appearances Woodson said he wants to run a pick and roll offense but the players are struggling with it.  Thus the force it into TJD and stand around offense. 

I'd rather run the long-term offense and let these guys struggle than roll out what Archie did the past 4 years. This team isn't going anywhere no matter the offense you put into place. At least with the PnR, you can point to it with recruits so they can see the need and fit into an NBA system. The post-iso crap is just going to be used to negatively recruit with the guys Woody needs to be successful.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The strategy of putting Parker Stewart on their best player in the 2nd half was a bold one. Didn't seem to pay off. 

The one play where he ended up on his butt on defense would have been enough for me to switch it up. 

TJD is what he is, which is very good, far from great. He is a “Robin” on a good team but has been forced into being “Batman” and he is just too limited in his skill set to be that.

he would be a great complimentary piece to an Oladipo or Yogi but we haven’t had anything close to that 

min fact, I would argue that Race Thompson has become our best player this season so maybe TJD has kinda fallen into a “Robin” situation without realizing it - unfortunately they play 3 feet apart

Just now, IUc2016 said:

blow this roster up. Keep a few of the freshman and sophomores and thank everyone else for their time. 

So we're going to keep the guys Archie brought in and get rid of the Woodson & Company's recruits?

Very interesting. :farting_smiley:

1 minute ago, Trish said:

So we're going to keep the guys Archie brought in and get rid of the Woodson & Company's recruits?

Very interesting. :farting_smiley:

Parker, Race, Rob, Trayce are all Archie recruits. 

So no

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

Just once I'd like to spend this time of year looking forward to the tournament rather than an offseason of roster turnover.

We still have shot at dancing.

We just have to win out regular season and win two games in the B1G.

Easy! 

Woody probably isn't the guy but my hope is he can get IU back to a respectable level.

I mean IU won 2 big ten titles and had a number 1 seed with TOM CREAN as the coach

IU went to a final four and a national title with MIKE DAVIS as the coach

Just get some dudes who can play. This team stinks