Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ O$U - 2/21/22 @ 7:00 on FS1-TV

6 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Our freshman class is practically a non-factor.  Our sophomores basically the same.  Our portal guys are mediocre.  Simply put this team needs a transfusion of talent - not bandaids.

Defense has been overall quite good on balance but that's only half the game and we stink at offense.

agree how this team is designed one band aid won’t fix. They need stitches and a cast

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This team’s biggest problem is that we have multiple players who shouldn’t be playing but no one better to replace them with. Kopp not playing is the obvious choice, but the answer to “who do we play instead” isn’t obvious at all. Bates had a nice game against MSU but has been a dud otherwise. 

I just don't think Kopp is near athletic enough to guard the guys he's asked to guard and if he's not providing offense I find it hard to justify his minutes. And let's face it he's not provided much offense in any conference game this season

9 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Our freshman class is practically a non-factor.  Our sophomores basically the same.  Our portal guys are mediocre.  Simply put this team needs a transfusion of talent - not bandaids.

Defense has been overall quite good on balance but that's only half the game and we stink at offense.

And we aren’t a 2nd half team!

sure, but I was referencing Bates having shot 9/44 from the field in the last 7 weeks. Agreed he's a part of the future and should get Leal's minutes but as far as for this year it's picking between two pretty bad options. 
And with the talent gap on the perimeter that's what we're stuck doing. Sad

That’s the problem with talking about most of our guards. We don’t have any good options most nights! Big time problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Referring to Kopp,At least he hasn’t impacted the team negatively like X has!  Already 5 turnovers and he had at least that many the last game.  His decision making most of the season hasn’t been that great but it’s gotten worse lately!

Ummm defense?