Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ O$U - 2/21/22 @ 7:00 on FS1-TV

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

But, being down 5 is not bad at all down a few guys and Xavier playing like it’s his first time on the court. 

Thought some of the substitution choices indicated CMW is prepared for the starters, maybe Kopp excepted, to go all 20 in the second half

Our freshman class is practically a non-factor.  Our sophomores basically the same.  Our portal guys are mediocre.  Simply put this team needs a transfusion of talent - not bandaids.

Defense has been overall quite good on balance but that's only half the game and we stink at offense.

Edit: I overlooked Galloway as one member of the sophomore class that has contributed.

Just now, pumpfake said:

Our freshman class is practically a non-factor.  Our sophomores basically the same.  Our portal guys are mediocre.  Simply put this team needs a transfusion of talent - not bandaids.

Defense has been overall quite good on balance but that's only half the game and we stink at offense.

Yeah I tried to say this after the Illinois game, perhaps not as well as you did. Doesn’t absolve the current staff but there’s only so much you can paper over in one offseason of development and recruitment.

Maybe because he's shot 9/44 from the field in 2022. Yikes

Not a big ten players. Adds nothing to the floor and hopefully will get recruited over. Bates is more talented and needs all the minutes we can give him for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Is the censored word “shotmaking”

There are many things we are lacking. Even bodies tonight.  But the amount of times this team has had a huge opportunity in front of them or their backs against the wall and then play like they don’t give a **** is appalling.

Referring to Kopp,At least he hasn’t impacted the team negatively like X has!  Already 5 turnovers and he had at least that many the last game.  His decision making most of the season hasn’t been that great but it’s gotten worse lately!

1 minute ago, Dillion said:

Not a big ten players. Adds nothing to the floor and hopefully will get recruited over. Bates is more talented and needs all the minutes we can give him for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sure, but I was referencing Bates having shot 9/44 from the field in the last 7 weeks. Agreed he's a part of the future and should get Leal's minutes but as far as for this year it's picking between two pretty bad options. 

And with the talent gap on the perimeter that's what we're stuck doing. Sad

2 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Referring to Kopp,At least he hasn’t impacted the team negatively like X has!  Already 5 turnovers and he had at least that many the last game.  His decision making most of the season hasn’t been that great but it’s gotten worse lately!

Letting your guy go backdoor for a and-1 opportunity or forcing your teammates to overhelp would classify as impacting the team negatively. But we're severely lacking at guard and the wing so there's really no good option

3 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Bates hasn't exactly lit it on fire this season, but I think it's well past time to be giving him Kopp's minutes

This team’s biggest problem is that we have multiple players who shouldn’t be playing but no one better to replace them with. Kopp not playing is the obvious choice, but the answer to “who do we play instead” isn’t obvious at all. Bates had a nice game against MSU but has been a dud otherwise.