Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin - 02/15/22 @ 9:00 on ESPN2

Like Lander?  And whose to say they even set foot on campus 

I’m sorry but anyone who watched lander in high school knew he was being over ranked. Not to mention he then reclassified which was a terrible decision. I do hope he stays around because I think he WILL be great as an upperclassmen but right now he is just to small and out of his league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

But what is the point of pissing in the cornflakes of those of us who do want to have hope?  What's in it for you?

I just don't get the MO of coming in after a loss -- especially a game that was tight, emotional loss -- to say 'we suck, I was right'?

Small minded. 

15 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

It’s obvious that some people on here didn’t approve of the CMW hire in the first place.

Well duh, lol. We hired a 63 year old with zero college coaching experience. He hadn’t been a head coach on any level for almost a decade, and when he was a head coach he won 46% of his games. There were a couple years recently where he wasn’t a coach at all. No other team in our conference would’ve hired him, and we never would have either if he hadn’t played at IU four decades ago. It really wasn’t a hire than inspired confidence, and nothing we’ve seen this year makes me think I was wrong for not being excited. 

Still not happy about this one. For all of the harping I have done regarding TJD over the past month, he finally shows up and plays one of his best games, but no one else really did (offensively)! This team just cannot get out of their own way! I am not sure what would help them! Consistency must be a curse word in the locker room.

6 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

No thanks.  There are plenty of programs you can root for if that’s what you are interested in.

I'm sure you didn't root for IU when Vonleh was on the team. How about Bryant? I guess you quit watching and cheering when Romeo was on the team too...?

Well, that game was difficult to take at the end.  Not surprising though, unfortunately.

But until IU has guards that can hit their shots and not turn over the ball...  And a complete team around a talent like TJD...  

I won't blame Coach Woody.  Transfers clearly haven't been a big help at IU lately.  But, that hand was dealt by the situation and Coach, the team and fans just have to play those cards.

There are four in my family going over to the IU @ OSU game early next week.  We will be geared up and cheering for our team.  

It might be bittersweet at the end.  But there is hope.

And we will definitely have a great time.  2 of us are in row 4 across from the OSU bench.  2 of us are a little up from that.  

If you see a really good looking IU alum with a trophy wife wearing IU gear and cheering wildly.... we are about 20 rows higher than them. 

57 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Why would guy who doesn’t shoot the ball that particularly well and consistent shoot 16 times? He shot more than TJD and was only 3-16 from the field. X killed us!

We have to win the next 3 out of 5 to make the tournament, IMO. 

Freedom! The players have confidence and freedom now that Arch and Co. are gone. The collective basketball IQ on this team is dumbfounding and bad habits continue. Remember way back to the beginning of the season when we could do no wrong because we were beating cupcakes?

We should be able to win a few more.

23 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'm sure you didn't root for IU when Vonleh was on the team. How about Bryant? I guess you quit watching and cheering when Romeo was on the team too...?

You got the receipts?

secondly, the original post said we needed to pay players in order to win.  If that’s the case and your claim is true, how did paying those players work out, considering none made a tourney?

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

But what is the point of pissing in the cornflakes of those of us who do want to have hope?  What's in it for you?

I just don't get the MO of coming in after a loss -- especially a game that was tight, emotional loss -- to say 'we suck, I was right'?

People vent in different ways. When people post realities on here they get torched just as those who hype up something that is not there. It's a message board, most have some degree of emotional connection to the program. It's not a safe space that you can post whatever you want and not expect blow back. You consider it someone pissing in your cornflakes while they consider it being proven correct. I'm sure there is even alcohol involved for some. And we did kind of suck on multiple levels last night.

I’m still surprised Stew got so much run in the 2nd half.  I can’t stand Davison but I knew after their altercation or whatever that Stewart’s head was lost and it was going to fire Davison up.

I know we desperately need his shooting but you absolutely have to hide him on defense and Wisco is not a good matchup for him.  This was not a good game to try to trade his defense for some offense.

X was awful and had a bad game.  It happens.

Anthony Leal needs to play right now. He is much better on defense than Stew and he can get open on offense unlike Kopp who either can’t or won’t.

Lander cannot be playing.  I know we are short handed. I don’t care.  I don’t know who the other guard is for Wisco but he got anything he wanted on offense against him and knew when he was in the game that he was going to take him every time.

Bates has to play more.  He hardly played in the 2nd half.  I know he wasn’t getting his shot to go down in the 1st half but he should still be playing over Kopp or Stew late in the game.

Gallo has to continue to work on his shot this summer.  He had a couple of really good looks late that didn’t go down.  Although he is not the wing that should be getting those shots right now he puts himself in that position and wasn’t afraid to go up and take the shot because it was the right play.  They didn’t go down and one wasn’t even close but I like that about him.

CMW has to be better.  That last play of the game was really bad coming out of timeout and I highly question who he is giving playing time to and his substitution patterns.  That out of bounds call he needed to be in the officials face or call some people out to the media or do something.  
RUN. RUN. RUN.  Late in the game we went back to playing post TJD up with his back to the basket and the stand around game.  That’s not TJD’s strength.  You have to get him in space and facing the basket where he can attack or you have to have him play the high low game with Race.  Having them both just stand on each block with their back to the basket and trying to force it in there and playing the stand around game on the perimeter doesn’t work.  That is just bad coaching and I’m someone that generally likes CMW.  This team has to play with pace.  

24 minutes ago, Josh said:

Amongst all the bitching about each other since the game ended, has anybody mentioned how Johnny Davis called us vaginas after the game?  Dude needs his mouth punched shut in the BTT

He can do or say whatever he wants until we do something about it.