Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin - 02/15/22 @ 9:00 on ESPN2

19 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I agree it’s likely. But if he’s the real deal he could easily leave after a year and we have a single good guard for a year. Not a recipe for winning 

Ah.... So even trying to find potential future negative in a potential future positive. Again.... 

So you want someone not good enough to leave early, but slow enough to take years to develop. 

You must be awesome at parties. 

3eea50702fcd911cd18a629c6e7f8c4b.gif

This one was lost by coaching mistakes.

each time we got momentum, we had a hockey line change or we called a timeout.

how does Galloway sit so much in the second half? How does our staff not know to tell the refs that they cannot review that play? They should have been screaming and yelling. How, after they reviewed forever, did we not put in the right subs? We had to make 1 stop and we put the slowest player on our team on an all-American. Where did we think they were going to go with the game on the line? Then, we call a timeout to draw up a play for the tie and it got blown up immediately and instead of noticing that and calling another timeout, we just let him Chuck it and head back to the locker room with another L.

our coaching staff did us zeros favors. We aren’t good enough to overcome that 

21 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

It’s not wide open though. The reality is that we need to win 3-4 of our last 5 games and will need help from other teams. Losing 4 straight and 3 of those at home is not going to bode well for us. We never get the benefit of the doubt with the tourney committee. This team is repeating a pattern that we’ve seen for the last 4 years. Fans are well within their bounds to be as negative and skeptical as they are. We’re not the ones out there peeing down our legs every February. 

The committee isn't supposed to use a losing streak for any kind of getting into the tournament. It's body of work, regardless of how the last few games went. Seeding can be argued based on recent success or failure but making the tourney is not supposed to be based on that.

We win 3 of the 5 and we are in, win 2 of the 5 and round 1 in b1g tourney and we're likely in. For people to give up now, they need to give up sports.

I think what all this comes down to is we are all mad and sick of the same script year in and year out. We all want better results and were expecting a NCAA berth. Not saying it’s over…. But… I mean outside of a few players who really on this team is really even a fan favorite. I find myself thinking in my head so and so spends more time pouting or so and so is on the floor again. Get up off the ground stop complaining and get back on defense. It’s funny because as soon as Davidson got that Stewart fired up I knew Stewart’s intentions were going to be elsewhere the rest of the night. This off season is crucial and telling of what direction this program will go. I know Woodson can’t get simply kick guys off the team. But I truly think he should start cleaning house. He’s had multiple players with multiple infractions to his team policies he should be able to dismiss them if he wanted right? I mean it’s not creating culture but are those players really being ambassadors for the program anyways. 

6 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

The committee isn't supposed to use a losing streak for any kind of getting into the tournament. It's body of work, regardless of how the last few games went. Seeding can be argued based on recent success or failure but making the tourney is not supposed to be based on that.

We win 3 of the 5 and we are in, win 2 of the 5 and round 1 in b1g tourney and we're likely in. For people to give up now, they need to give up sports.

Are you a betting person?

1 hour ago, Trish said:

But it’s Brad Stevens, who has accomplished more than Woodson ever has. 

More than what a lot of coaches ever have, to be fair. 

Yeah. Stevens has as many championship banners as I do.  

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Woodson had repeatedly said this is his team. Fife can only do so much as an assistant. It’s not like Woodson is calling fife into his office and asking him what he should do 

How do you know?  Coaches bounce things off each other all the time.  

47 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

You know what really attracts top talent? Paying them what they're worth. We keep clowning around trying to figure out what we're going to do with this program. Pay them cold hard cash and they will come.

If we're not going to pay them we better get a damn good coach that will build a damn good culture and program while also out coaching the talent we don't pay.

No thanks.  There are plenty of programs you can root for if that’s what you are interested in.

21 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Are you a betting person?

I’m not a betting person.  But I am going to watch how it plays out regardless if I think I know the outcome or not.  Optimism or pessimism won’t change the outcome. I’m not sure what pessimism gains you in life other than ulcers.

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

But Yeah honestly it boggles my mind that anybody who has coached basketball at the NBA level doesn’t know how to get shooters open. It’s like rule number 1 in the NBA over the last decade 

He wasn't that good of an NBA coach, if we're being honest.

I don't think anyone expected to be competing for conference in national titles this year.  How about just playing our best late in the year, instead of circling the drain yet again?  How about being just decent at the easiest shot in the game?  How about showing signs that we're learning how to win?  Good coaches can make a big difference pretty quickly.

Yet here we are saying be patient (after 20 years patience has to run out eventually), or this recruit brings something we lack but end up with the same product every year.

4 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

I’m not a betting person.  But I am going to watch how it plays out regardless if I think I know the outcome or not.  Optimism or pessimism won’t change the outcome. I’m not sure what pessimism gains you in life other than ulcers.

It’s not pessimism it’s pragmatism 

5 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Not directed entirely at you, but how to be get so crazy after losses? Season over? Hardly! Several more winnable games left. The path to the NCAA is still wide open. Hopefully the players have a better attitude than the fans.

At least 5 of them don’t.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

It’s not pessimism it’s pragmatism 

But what is the point of pissing in the cornflakes of those of us who do want to have hope?  What's in it for you?

I just don't get the MO of coming in after a loss -- especially a game that was tight, emotional loss -- to say 'we suck, I was right'?

I can’t believe how much blaming the coaches we keep having.  The roster is flawed but it’s what CMW had to work with. In the end, players still have to execute and some of them did not, specifically X.  

Unless you are absolutely scorching the nets or you are the go to guy, you should never lead us in shot attempts.  He had 16 shots but only made 3 and he wasn’t even close to hitting most of them.  

Also, we had too many untimely turnovers late in the 2nd half that just absolutely killed our momentum.  Like I said, the players have to execute.