Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin - 02/15/22 @ 9:00 on ESPN2

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m pretty sure I only whine when mods make petty  cracks because I disagree with them 

Dude, I'm fairly confident if looked at your last 1000 posts, 95% have a ton of negativity or whininess....

If only our Gs shot near that %. 

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

Are you comparing Lander to JHS seriously or are you just letting your emotions get the best of you right now? 

Lander was supposed to be good. There are no guarantees. JHS is supposed to be good but we don’t know that yet.  And as I said I’m skeptical he sets foot on campus 

22 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

So….how much does this roster blowup this off season. Woodson sold them a bag of goods. Transfers have been abysmal. This team is Trayce and Race. Both are probably gone. You guys see Lander on the bench at the end?

I’d start Bates and Lander at the 1-2 and let them run and gun. F it. We see what the regulars give. Now that season is over, no more stress during games.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I honestly at this point only keep Geronimo Bates and Galloway. The rest of the team can truly go bye bye. A full rebuild is needed. Time to pull the band aid off now. 

6 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

How do you turn off caring so much? Being an IU fan has been one of the least satisfying experiences in my lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop watching and check the scores.  The more you do it, the easier it gets.  Start with the games that mean nothing against the 300 level teams we beat up on.

Having kids helped me too.

4 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Go search google again and come back with a better argument. You’re wrong!

Simple eye test bud. The B1G just isn’t as solid as it has been in years past

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Definitely not seeing what you’re seeing here. It may not be the best conference like it’s been recently but the strength of the conference is the only thing keeping our tourney chances alive.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

This hurts because it's extremely accurate. We did add shooters to create space but we don't really use them like we should.

But Yeah honestly it boggles my mind that anybody who has coached basketball at the NBA level doesn’t know how to get shooters open. It’s like rule number 1 in the NBA over the last decade 

18 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I forgot about that sequence.  

I tried to resist it, but I couldn’t hold it in any longer. Individually we are really low IQ. It’s amazing we play good team defense most of the time.  

TJD leaves his feet all the time. 
Galloway left his feet and got schooled by the much smaller davidson in the post. 
XJ is a cornucopia of bad mistake possibilities. 
stewart with two consecutive offensive push offs. 
That 3 by Race…sheesh

Lander has no idea how to play D

Bates is a frosh and does frosh things

Geronimo constantly left his feet and slapped at the ball. 
Tons of missed block outs. 
little situational awareness of time, score, or momentum. 

Basic stuff a college coach shouldn’t have to spend a bunch of time correcting, quite frankly. 

Fundamentals, it what seems to beat even the most talented of IU teams. Why should a coach not be teaching these fundamentals when they keep happening over and over and over and over again?

1 minute ago, Indiana muskie said:

Others know better than me . But jhs has moved up some the charts . Yikes could he go g league that would hurt

Let's not start this. I get tired enough of hearing posters talk about how so and so won't be back like it's a sure thing. We don't need to start doing this with recruits as well. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

But Yeah honestly it boggles my mind that anybody who has coached basketball at the NBA level doesn’t know how to get shooters open. It’s like rule number 1 in the NBA over the last decade 

Johnson was wide open several times tonight and missed badly on two of them. 

3 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I have tried to stay away from it and refused to hit the panic button while most did. But I called tonight’s game a must win and we lost. 

I am pounding on the panic button 

Yea, it’s not the one game. But at some point you have to win some of them. 3 weeks without winning a game after Monday. It can’t happen and maintain anything positive.  

We looked like a collection of parts to start. We gelled a little. Teams got tape and can make adjustments on your second trip through the conf, and we don’t have anything else to add.  

I think this team is kinda cooked. Maybe I’m wrong; I suppose stranger things have happened. Currently my money is on “1980’s Bob Knight couldn’t bring this team back from the dead” type of flame out. 

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

Are you comparing Lander to JHS seriously or are you just letting your emotions get the best of you right now? 

Honestly, I never really got the Lander hype.  He physically wasn't ready for D1 ball coming in as a 17 year old freshman and he STILL isn't physically ready.....especially for a league as that allows the physical play that the Big Ten does.

While I am concerned next year about the number of players we'll have to count on that will be either be new or were previously guys not getting that many minutes, Hood-Schifino is the least of my concerns.  I'm more concerned with who he's going to pass to.