Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin - 02/15/22 @ 9:00 on ESPN2

7 minutes ago, Crazy about IU said:

A good team can’t have major short comings. One of the plays that changed momentum was when Race shot the 3 pointer early in shot clock.I feel like he has been our most consistent player. Love him and Galloway. This team finds ways to beat there self’s.

Absolutely, that was the worst play of the game for us. Just a totally unnecessary shot.

7 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I’m not even that upset. I’m 43  and since my senior year at IU, we have seen mediocrity take it’s course. I was a huge fan. Checking out our recruit so, tracking development, did it all. Now I’m just numb.  I wonder if anyone else feels this way. Such a sad sight. 

Same age and ditto.  Knight got fired my senior year.  We made one more run the year after I graduated and it has been a bunch of meh, Cody Zeller, and then more meh since then.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We’ve not had a “hot” shooting game all year, particularly during B1G. Our shooters are so bad. It’s almost unfathomable. Have we had a single blowout win all year?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yes, we have.  In terms of shooting, we were 10 of 19 from deep against Louisiana and 10 of 13 against Penn State at Assembly and 8 of 15 against Marshall.  Problem is that even when we've been hot, we haven't shot that many threes.

Our shooters aren't good -- or at least they aren't getting enough shots.  Parker Stewart IMO is the biggest culprit in that department -- should be getting up 8 threes per game but he doesn't seem to really have the MO to do it.

7 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I’m not even that upset. I’m 43  and since my senior year at IU, we have seen mediocrity take it’s course. I was a huge fan. Checking out our recruit so, tracking development, did it all. Now I’m just numb.  I wonder if anyone else feels this way. Such a sad sight. 

Similar. I’ll give woody another couple years. But it’s really hard to care. Another season over. 

You teach and develop in the off-season to develop habits.

You reinforce those habits during your cupcake season while figuring out lineups.

When you reach the conference season you should know what you have and what you're doing.

We're trying to blame refs. Did the refs force TJD to attempt a one handed rebound (habit). Did the refs force TJD to dribble it off his leg when up 7 (reinforce). Did the refs force Race to take that early 3 when up 7 (?) (habits and reinforce). There is plenty of blame to be spread across this team and program. What we were trying to accomplish late in the game is beyond me (habits - reinforce - what you have).

We didn't teach and develop enough in the off-season even with all the extra practices/games with the overseas trip. We did a lot of talking and hyping though.

We didn't reinforce those habits during our weakbooty noncon schedule. Glad the players love the new freedom Woody gives them. They took that freedom to lay turds and respect him so much..

Instead of knowing what we had in the conference season we were trying to figure out suspensions and who was going to play with e and e. Glad we've shown some fight in the last couple of games. Unfortunate that fight was aimed at other players and not molded during the off-season. Another missed opportunity we can blame the players, refs, and everything except what it is.

Just now, HoosierX said:

Absolutely, that was the worst play of the game for us. Just a totally unnecessary shot.

It was.  Up 7, Race misses a three and then we give up a three at the other end.  Nothing wrong with taking a three but that was such a horrible shot selection.

?  The Big Ten is ranked second in Sagarin, average team less than one point worse than the #1 conference.

I don’t care what Blah blah says. You can’t sit here and tell me that this conference isn’t at its weakest point that’s it’s been in 20 years?

Yeah, there are a lot of decent teams. I’ll give you that! But, who’s good (not great) outside Purdue and Illinois? Seriously, I want a response to that

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So….how much does this roster blowup this off season. Woodson sold them a bag of goods. Transfers have been abysmal. This team is Trayce and Race. Both are probably gone. You guys see Lander on the bench at the end?

I’d start Bates and Lander at the 1-2 and let them run and gun. F it. We see what the regulars give. Now that season is over, no more stress during games.

9 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Yeah I can barely bring myself to care anymore. Was literally reading a book during commercials tonight 

Tom Crean will be available in a month.

Does he want to come back to Bloomington to be our OC? Who doesn’t miss watching the dribble drive and dribbling the basketball around the top until there’s 8 seconds left in the shot clock! 

6 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Feels like an Archie quote 

Okay... Well

Xavier Johnson: Never won anything

Miller Kopp: Never won anything

Parker Stewart: Never won anything

TJD: Never won anything

Race: Never won anything

Everyone else: never won anything

Team is a roster of losers at the college level. 

I hate being so negative but I am convinced we are going to continue to hit new lows. I’m fully supportive of woody and this staff but I think this program is irrevocably broken. 

i was convinced after the Penn state loss the tournament was a long shot but then the month of January was a nice surprise. February and March are back to reality for what it’s like to support IU. 

I said after that loss, we would be lucky to sniff the top half of the league. And got blasted for it

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Tom Crean will be available in a month.

Does he want to come back to Bloomington to be our OC? Who doesn’t miss watching the dribble drive and dribbling the basketball around the top until there’s 8 seconds left in the shot clock! 

To Crean’s credit he had the offense looking good often. Not against zones. And defense was literally optional. But offense was fire on many nights with his better teams.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

So….how much does this roster blowup this off season. Woodson sold them a bag of goods. Transfers have been abysmal. This team is Trayce and Race. Both are probably gone. You guys see Lander on the bench at the end?

I’d start Bates and Lander at the 1-2 and let them run and gun. F it. We see what the regulars give. Now that season is over, no more stress during games.

See Lander at the end of the bench? I

I don’t care if he was pouting, crying, making faces or holding up a “get me out of here” sign. There is zero chance I would start him next game. 

I’m not going to blame the refs because we messed that thing up but I don’t understand that out of bounds call.  How do you review a non-reviewable play?  It’s like the play in football where their is a fumble and a clear recovery but that doesn’t exist in college basketball right?  Or am I wrong?  
It bothers me that elite coaches in college basketball would have made a huge deal about it in real time and they would have been HOT postgame talking to the media about it and would have called out the league for it.  I don’t see any of that coming from CMW?  He did play for Coach Knight right?