Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin - 02/15/22 @ 9:00 on ESPN2

3 minutes ago, Trish said:

But it’s Brad Stevens, who has accomplished more than Woodson ever has. 

More than what a lot of coaches ever have, to be fair. 

Yes, Stevens has accomplished a ton and would have been a great hire.

You missed my point.
My point is that we went after Brad but you posted the only needed qualification was being an IU grad but the administration clearly went after a non-IU guy.

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Man I can’t wait for the off-season takes about how we will be better next year despite losing Race and Trayce and getting no name transfers to fill there spots. 

I can't wait until the offseason when you and LCS can sit around and like each other's self-miserable posts.

1 minute ago, Crazy about IU said:

A good team can’t have major short comings. One of the plays that changed momentum was when Race shot the 3 pointer early in shot clock.I feel like he has been our most consistent player. Love him and Galloway. This team finds ways to beat there self’s.

Yep.  IF he hits that we go up 10.  Instead it was down to 2 30 seconds later after a 3, turnover, dunk.  You knew that was the game right then.

2 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Yeah but I feel like IU needed to go outside the box and while the hire didn’t blow me away it made sense. 

I just think it’s going to take a major overhaul of this roster to get out of the middle of the pack. And unfortunately it seems like whatever player IU brings in lately doesn’t live up to any expectations. Our last two 5* couldn’t carry Wisconsin’s 3* jock straps. So even an overhaul of talent doesn’t have me hopeful 

This is really the key. Last time we hit on a good 3* and a 5* lived up to the billing were Vic and Zeller. Even that team had talent issues with athleticism. And their coach was an idiot. But they were a top 5 team. 

Hell that’s been ten years. A f’n decade. It’s been 25 since Knight’s last decent team. 

every time i think this program can’t get worse they prove me wrong. IU has been run by fools for decades now.  It’s crazy when you think about. You have to actually try and sabatoge yourself to be this bad. 

1 minute ago, Crazy about IU said:

A good team can’t have major short comings. One of the plays that changed momentum was when Race shot the 3 pointer early in shot clock.I feel like he has been our most consistent player. Love him and Galloway. This team finds ways to beat there self’s.

That whole sequence was just dumb. Kopp picking up his dribble with one foot on the half-court line, looking around like "where am I?" then Race putting up a quick 3 that barely draws iron. 

I'm fed up with these guys. They just don't have the instincts you see with players who are actually good. 

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Ignoring the continued incompetence of Big Ten refs is the weakest mind set you can have.  We absolutely didn't play well at the end, but if you don't think that a non-reviewable review + a made up three point play in the final minute of a tight game doesn't have an effect on the game, then go sell crazy elsewhere.

Good lord man. We missed 2 absolute bunny layups at the end of the first half. There were several no calls against us on Davis that could have been an and1 and on our last possession out of a timeout we drew up pretty much nothing at all. We were 5-18 from 3. You’re upset. We lost a game we had to have. I get it. But it wasn’t the refs. 

Just now, mark1981 said:

I don't think it matters who the coach is with this roster.  It's not going to be pretty

This is what I am getting at. The roster construction going back to crean’s last year has been awful. The talent level is so below average for what this program should have. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

It’s never made sense to me and the continued 5 man bench line ups and the terrible transfer performance is why.  I would fire him tomorrow and give Fife the job for next season if I could. At least fife understands the college game 

lol... 

I think you get a chubby when IU loses. 

I'm sure Fife has that magic potion that makes Gs hit open shots...

And really, WTF do you think Fife is doing every week. He's part of the current mix... 

1 minute ago, Southside said:

lol... 

And really, WTF do you think Fife is doing every week. He's part of the current mix... 

The assistants have some input but Woodson has said it's his team.

1 minute ago, Southside said:

lol... 

Woodson had repeatedly said this is his team. Fife can only do so much as an assistant. It’s not like Woodson is calling fife into his office and asking him what he should do