Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin - 02/15/22 @ 9:00 on ESPN2

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I like Woodson but at the end of the day no other high major team would have even given him an interview. There’s a reason why. First college is different than NBA and second he wasn’t that great in the NBA

NBA teams weren't exactly lining up to give him another shot as HC either.  We hired a sub .500 NBA assistant simply because he played for IU a long time ago.

Johnny Davis waving to the crowd, yelling "Bye-bye. Bye-bye" almost makes me hate him more than Davison. 
Almost. 
What a di-khead. 

Probably. But it’s an adrenaline dump after winning a highly contested game on the road that he willed his team to win. It’s whatever. Just like Illinois trolling us after their win. Win the games and maybe we can have some bravado.

I do hate Davison though. He’s cheap and dirty.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

So do you want him to be coach or with that last comment are you being sarcastic?

As far as your “it only takes being an IU guy” comment…..Didn’t we offer a non-IU guy 10,000,000 a year? 

But it’s Brad Stevens, who has accomplished more than Woodson ever has. 

More than what a lot of coaches ever have, to be fair. 

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

Yeah but I feel like IU needed to go outside the box and while the hire didn’t blow me away it made sense. 

I just think it’s going to take a major overhaul of this roster to get out of the middle of the pack. And unfortunately it seems like whatever player IU brings in lately doesn’t live up to any expectations. Our last two 5* couldn’t carry Wisconsin’s 3* jock straps 

It’s never made sense to me and the continued 5 man bench line ups and the terrible transfer performance is why.  I would fire him tomorrow and give Fife the job for next season if I could. At least fife understands the college game 

I’m not even that upset. I’m 43  and since my senior year at IU, we have seen mediocrity take it’s course. I was a huge fan. Checking out our recruit so, tracking development, did it all. Now I’m just numb.  I wonder if anyone else feels this way. Such a sad sight. 

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Indiana now 23-37 in February/March since 2016. This program is dead. 

and that isn't even really a bad thing either. so many fun things to do with 6 or 7 more hours of free time every week Nov through March. It's not even a bad thing really to add all of that time to the free time ledger. Think of all the several hour bad moods you can lose now every week. No even a decision to say wow, good-bye, thank you for all of the free time I can use now.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

NBA teams weren't exactly lining up to give him another shot as HC either.  We hired a sub .500 NBA assistant simply because he played for IU a long time ago.

Hell he was out of the NBA for two years very recently. He hasn’t been a head coach in almost a decade. 

He shouldn’t get all the blame and obviously he didn’t recruit all these players, but he has hasn’t been all that impressive in tough times this season. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

It’s never made sense to me and the continued 5 man bench line ups and the terrible transfer performance is why.  I would fire him tomorrow and give Fife the job for next season if I could. At least fife understands the college game 

I'm not sure how a coach who "understands the college game" is suddenly going to give these players the ability to hit open shots. 

3 minutes ago, Trish said:

- Please no more Pittsburg transfers. Johnson is a bigger headache than Newkirk. His inability to shoot kills our already limited offense. 

- Parker and Kopp have officially displayed why they are transfer kids. 

- Love Trey, but how do you grow up in Indiana and not learn how to shoot the basketball? 

- Woodson lineups were questionable at times. 5 bench players in at one time, twice in the same game vs a ranked opponent in a very important game? NO!

- Terrible execution at the end. We have Parker Stewart handling the ball at the top after the Iverson cut from Kopp? I’m not buying that. Stewart can’t put the ball on the ground, im sure it wasn’t the look but man that was terrible! 

Agreed on no more Pitt transfers. Stewart was there at one time too, and if he's not hitting from outside he's unplayable.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Fife is already on the bench. If he could magically fix this mess, don't you think he would have done it by now?  C'mon man.

2 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Can we sub Matta for Woody? Aren’t they both on the payroll to get these shitty results. 

I was under the impression that Matta is being groomed for the Butler AD position.