Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin - 02/15/22 @ 9:00 on ESPN2

March 7, 2020.  Wisconsin beats IU in Assembly Hall to win the regular season Big Ten championship.  Just before the whole world shut down.   The Badgers were dancing on the middle of the court after the game. I was there with my cheesehead friend from Madison. I was not happy.  There must be revenge!

2 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

If we have any leaders on this team, you can narrow the possible list down to 7!  Which one or two of those 7 are the leader on this years team?  I would say 0.  Of those 7, which ones will eventually become a leader next year?  I would say the best chance is 1.  Galloway is the only one of the 7 that didn’t get suspended that sort of demonstrates leadership skills and could emerge as a true leader.  

The sad thing is I thought by now Rob would be a Yogi-like leader.  Unfortunately, just hasn't panned out that way.  I could see JG becoming a court general next year!

It's hard to feel confident about a win here.

Ultimately I don't see Wisconsin dropping two in a row, and they've pretty much walked all over us the last 15 years.

Avoiding a 4-game losing streak is paramount for this team's psyche.  A win would go a long win in guaranteeing an at-large bid, and just flat out restore some confidence for the players.

Feels like a must-win to me.

6 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

I would assume you wouldn't count Phil Jackson as a true leader.  That dude NEVER stopped making excuses....any time the Lakers or Bulls lost, it was the refs.  Couldn't stand him.

As an aside, what made Phil Jackson was his ability to manage the progessional egos of guys like MJ, Pippen, Rodman, etc. etc.  He sucked at the rest of it.  :) 

Hey an important item to note:

Tonight will be the first IU men’s basketball game in over 40 years in which the public address announcer will NOT be Chuck Crabbe.

Here’s to hoping that we have a 40 replacement that is all class like Chuck, and not a carnival barker.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Hey an important item to note:

Tonight will be the first IU men’s basketball game in over 40 years in which the public address announcer will NOT be Chuck Crabbe.

Here’s to hoping that we have a 40 replacement that is all class like Chuck, and not a carnival barker.

Think Jeremy gray did the Illinois game. 

2 hours ago, hoosierdogg said:

March 7, 2020.  Wisconsin beats IU in Assembly Hall to win the regular season Big Ten championship.  Just before the whole world shut down.   The Badgers we're dancing on the middle of the court after the game. I was there with my cheesehead friend from Madison. I was not happy.  There must be revenge!

It’s a must win game, and I cannot stand Wisconsin basketball. IU for victory.