Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Northwestern - 02/08/22 @ 9:00 ET on BTN

1 minute ago, southsidehoosier said:

According to Woody game plan changed this morning at shoot around when suspensions were announced to team 

Looked like a completely different game plan that led to similar results from a lot of the season. We missed those free throws because the team was just exhausted. Couldn't rebound in the first 10 minutes of the game because we were so gassed.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Looked like a completely different game plan that led to similar results from a lot of the season. We missed those free throws because the team was just exhausted. Couldn't rebound in the first 10 minutes of the game because we were so gassed.

We were gassed the last ten minutes of the game which is why we coughed up the lead 5 minutes into the second half. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

And you call yourself an IU fan. I knew it all along. 

Come on Chris, we've been on this merry-go-round for more than a couple of rotations. There are reasons we've been the program we've been for the past few decades.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Arkansas beat the number 1 team in the land tonight in OT.

They played 8. Minutes?

41, 41, 39, 37, 32………. 17, 12, 6.

One game. Guys can play 34-36 minutes just fine. Duncomb could have played spot minutes if being gassed was the real excuse.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Cool.  That's not a seven man rotation.  And it's their regular guys.  We played with two being our 11th man and a walk on who contributed a couple of minutes.  And those players you mentioned all had at least four minutes of rest.  TJD sat one minute.  Race sat three.

If you want to act like tonight the rotation wasn't an issue, more power to you.  But it's false.

I hope this didn't tank our season and cause a divide between the team. If it sets the players in order glad Woodson did it. If it makes the season go off the rails not the best idea to be Mr. Discipline in a game you really needed. Only time will tell.

Another aspect is the place was 3/4 IU fans tonight and these alum get to see IU once a yr. Maybe Woodson should of thought of this fact to. Really not fair to fans who ponied up to see IU for the only time this year with half a team (I am not one of those to be clear). 

I fear whatever they did is done in most programs and if Woodson does not lay off no one will want to play here. You can't win with a team of coir boys in this day and age and students will have a good time. Not excusing whatever they did but there is a lot more shades of grey in these matters then people would like to believe.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Come on Chris, we've been on this merry-go-round for more than a couple of rotations. There are reasons we've been the program we've been for the past few decades.

You are free to get off the merry-go-round any time you find it not to your liking.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Wishing you nothing but the best. Go IU, well you know what I mean 

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

Another aspect is the place was 3/4 IU fans tonight and these alum get to see IU once a yr. Maybe Woodson should of thought of this fact to. Really not fair to fans who ponied up to see IU for the only time this year with half a team (I am not one of those to be clear). 

So discipline should be dictated by who is in the stands?

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Cool.  That's not a seven man rotation.  And it's their regular guys.  We played with two being our 11th man and a walk on who contributed a couple of minutes.  And those players you mentioned all had at least four minutes of rest.  TJD sat one minute.  Race sat three.

If you want to act like tonight the rotation wasn't an issue, more power to you.  But it's false.

Why did we struggle to rebound BEFORE we were 'gassed?' Why did we continue to miss free throws before we were 'gassed?' TJD had a favorable matchup and ... That was not his best performance. How can Kopp not find his shot in this game or the 20 before it?

We were in this position because we have ZERO leadership even after we hear players talking about leadership. That has nothing to do being gassed but is THE reason we dug ourselves a hole.

Not false. To each their own. Guys don’t want to sit. They want 35-36 minutes. Every college player does. Only reason we led in first half is NW couldn’t hit any 3s. Our roster just isn’t very good. Numerous other games that substantiate this.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Why did we struggle to rebound BEFORE we were 'gassed?' Why did we continue to miss free throws before we were 'gassed?' TJD had a favorable matchup and ... That was not his best performance. How can Kopp not find his shot in this game or the 20 before it?

We were in this position because we have ZERO leadership even after we hear players talking about leadership. That has nothing to do being gassed but is THE reason we dug ourselves a hole.

You're right.  Having players out and playing guys their career high minutes was the perfect formula for winning.  Thanks for setting me straight.

This was a coin flip game when all of our guys were expected to play.  I'm sorry you were shocked when we removed five rotation guys and lost.

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Lol, you said we had no chance for 20 wins after the first game of the season. If you’re not going to root for IU, why are you here? Go find a team you can actually cheer on. Your incessant negativity coupled with the absolute lack of credible perspective is incredibly annoying. Basketball aint for you bud. 

13 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Already moved on! I've got Wiscy is an older, more experienced, more of a culture of winning, dominate team, and we can't expect to compete with them! I've got on the road in the Big 1.o and players being tired from this game for MSU. We can't expect to win games.

Gotta say…your sarcasm meter tonight is running a solid 15 on a scale of 0-10. We get it, you are tired of excuses and there should never be an excuse. Got it. Point made.

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

You are free to get off the merry-go-round any time you find it not to your liking.

I would have a few universities to choose from as I've received credits from more than a handful, some in the Big 1.o that are really successful. I guess being born into it and receiving three degrees from IU has a little bit to do with it. I can be a FAN while also recognizing and stating the issues and laughing at the lunacy that takes place with this team and program.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not false. To each their own. Guys don’t want to sit. They want 35-36 minutes. Every college player does. Only reason we led in first half is NW couldn’t hit any 3s. Our roster just isn’t very good. Numerous other games that substantiate this.

Cool.  Teams haven't shot well against us all year.  Guess we've just been lucky.  Thanks for setting me straight.

If you don't think pulling out five players from your rotaiton and playing your fourth option at point effects the game.....bless your heart.

24 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Name one, and then follow it up with the team whose seven man rotation includes a walk on.  Childress played a couple of minutes to make it a seven man rotation.....the truth is we ran a six man rotation tonight.

And that was a head scratcher to say the least… we have a top 100 player on the bench rotting while players can’t catch their breathe 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Sincerely sorry to whoever mentioned this if someone already did, but Parker Stewart being mysteriously benched TWICE in about a month and a half? Tough look, my guy. 

Not to mention Durr has now been held out of 3/4 last games.  Big Mike might be going to his third school next year if he doesn’t get his “stuff” together.

7 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

So discipline should be dictated by who is in the stands?

Absolutely. Fans pay to support the team. Without them you lose money and don't have a viable model as shown by the huge losses teams and athletic departments took with no fans last year.