Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Northwestern - 02/08/22 @ 9:00 ET on BTN

Good lawd this place has gone off the rails even for me. I am as "negative/realistic" as the next but positive and negative people both need to gather their collective **** after a game where we had 6 players that were realistically going to see the floor. Come on guys. Everyone needs to take a breath and re-center themselves because this wasn't the one to flip ya. I'll be at the front of the line if these next few games don't go well but holy cow

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I would say very few teams run a 7 man rotation and absolutely none run a 6 man rotation. So your argument is not a good one.

Lots of schools run 7 man rotations of meaningful minutes. The 8th guy gets 4-5 minutes. We could have played Duncomb. He’s a 4star freshman. 6 is just more excuses.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Lots of schools run 7 man rotations of meaningful minutes. The 8th guy gets 4-5 minutes. We could have played Duncomb. He’s a 4star freshman. 6 is just more excuses.

Do they run a 7-man rotation on 12-24 hour notice or is that their system? Do they *ever* run a 6-man rotation? That would probably go poorly for them. 

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Makes perfect sense.

Sidenote- Is it time to start rooting for the off season? It’s the best season for Indiana fans. We don’t lose games against bad and marginal teams, miss tournaments, we hire/fire coaches and recruit the next superstars of the team. I’m ready! Maybe next year we’ll be better.

We will pump the living **** out of next years team and any players we pick up in the offseason. We will dominate that season with all of our good headlines. I can't wait to hear how well all of the players are hitting from deep and how they got their confidence back and developed counter moves. Undefeated baby!!!

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yep our 4 stars contributing little to nothing is constantly used as an excuse for not winning. When it should be part of the problem. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Trayce and Race our two best players look to be leaving. Maybe one stays. Doubtful both do.  And we played most of the bottom teams in the league twice this year. Which means we won’t be so lucky next year 

We'll have a top rated pg running the show, from day one. 

Addition by subtraction, with the others, most likely leaving. I wouldn't bet the farm, on either of the bigs leaving, either. 

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

We will pump the living **** out of next years team and any players we pick up in the offseason. We will dominate that season with all of our good headlines. I can't wait to hear how well all of the players are hitting from deep and how they got their confidence back and developed counter moves. Undefeated baby!!!

Yep. Kopp and Bates were going to be studs. Remember the days. 

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Good lawd this place has gone off the rails even for me. I am as "negative/realistic" as the next but positive and negative people both need to gather their collective **** after a game where we had 6 players that were realistically going to see the floor. Come on guys. Everyone needs to take a breath and re-center themselves because this wasn't the one to flip ya. I'll be at the front of the line if these next few games don't go well but holy cow

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Already moved on! I've got Wiscy is an older, more experienced, more of a culture of winning, dominate team, and we can't expect to compete with them! I've got on the road in the Big 1.o and players being tired from this game for MSU. We can't expect to win games.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I don't believe any of those conspiracy theories that there would be any backdoor deals about suspensions. Woody is a man of integrity and his word!! He cares much more about setting the tone and bringing respect back to this program than making deals of suspending his players for one game and getting them for three. He would never do that!

Sarcasm? Not  a fan of too much of that.

Or, is this post a way of complementing the coach? If it’s sarcastic again, I’m not sure what you were hoping for

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Do they run a 7-man rotation on 12-24 hour notice or is that their system? Do they *ever* run a 6-man rotation? That would probably go poorly for them. 

According to Woody game plan changed this morning at shoot around when suspensions were announced to team 

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Already moved on! I've got Wiscy is an older, more experienced, more of a culture of winning, dominate team, and we can't expect to compete with them! I've got on the road in the Big 1.o and players being tired from this game for MSU. We can't expect to win games.

When we win it was obvious and nobody should have expected otherwise. And when we lose there’s 11000 good reasons for it 

Didn't really want to get into this stuff, but I distinctly remember at least two posters saying Bates would only be here one year after his performance in the August exhibitions. Good times. 

Arkansas beat the number 1 team in the land tonight in OT.

They played 8. Minutes?

41, 41, 39, 37, 32………. 17, 12, 6.

One game. Guys can play 34-36 minutes just fine. Duncomb could have played spot minutes if being gassed was the real excuse.

15 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Lots of good schools run 7 man rotations on the regular. I

Name one, and then follow it up with the team whose seven man rotation includes a walk on.  Childress played a couple of minutes to make it a seven man rotation.....the truth is we ran a six man rotation tonight.

Geronimo is going to dominate with his athleticism. He wasn't given minutes earlier in the season when he should have or he would have been ready for tonight. He had to sit earlier because we had Kopp dominating the cupcakies in the noncon.

Name one, and then follow it up with the team whose seven man rotation includes a walk on.  Childress played a couple of minutes to make it a seven man rotation.....the truth is we ran a six man rotation tonight.

Arkansas beat the number 1 team in the land tonight in OT.

They played 8. Minutes?

41, 41, 39, 37, 32………. 17, 12, 6.

One game. Guys can play 34-36 minutes just fine. Duncomb could have played spot minutes if being gassed was the real excuse.

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

And you call yourself an IU fan. I knew it all along.