Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Northwestern - 02/08/22 @ 9:00 ET on BTN

Just now, Stuhoo said:

We have not sacrificed our tourney hopes. 

Losing 5 straight wouldn’t be a great look if were already a 9 seed. I just was quoting someone who previously said it was a risk

Once again all… please DO NOT attack the poster—take exception with the contents of a post instead.

This game was destined to bring out strong opinions—don’t want to hide posts for personal attacks.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We just simply aren’t good. I don’t know who to blame. Lots of blame to go anywhere. Everyone deserves some.

We get down 6-8 points in a second half. ITS OVER! We have zero offense and shooting to spring a comeback. It’s an incredibly depressing gameplan and roster. Very predictable on offense. Apparently Leal can’t even shoot well. Galloway from 3 is a prayer. Kopp can’t do much of anything. Race tries. Only reason we were even alive is Northwestern was 1-14 from 3 and we still couldn’t spread a lead. North-freaking-western. And heck, I predicted this loss even. Hate being proven correct every season. Want my forecast for next season?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Northwestern is a much better program like Penn State. They win games and compete in the Big 1.o. We can't expect to beat the cellar dwellers of the conference consistently.

It's amazing what Kopp has done at IU. He's point up more goose eggs than double digit games at IU. Crazy!

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

We’ll likely never know but I’m curious how egregious of an offense these guys made for Woodson to sacrifice this team’s tourney hopes for. Can confidently say that there are plenty of coaches that wouldn’t have done that

I promise I’m not trying to be an old man, but I respect him going scorched earth tonight. Maybe he thought we could get them with our 6 guys? I can’t imagine he felt great about it, but who knows. It *had* to have been something pretty stupid to make that kind of statement, though. 

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I thought Kopp played well. 6 rebounds and zero turnovers in about 35 minutes. He took mostly good shots. Almost nothing went in.

Wish he could have hit some shots. He never let up the whole game in terms of his intensity.

Just now, Chris007 said:

My goodness this site is like I miss the old Knight days. Then coach Woodson suspended a few players then people is like I don’t want to miss the tournament. Either you want to be held accountable or not.

Maybe the issue is we are having to choose between the two. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

My goodness this site is like I miss the old Knight days. Then coach Woodson suspended a few players then people is like I don’t want to miss the tournament. Either you want to be held accountable or not.

I want smart players on/off the court. Where do I fall in this?

We had 6 players. 

If they were good ones we would have wrecked Northwestern and the players would have loved the extra PT. This isn’t the first game we’ve looked like hot garbage. Always an excuse for our failures then some glimmer of hope for our future. Rinse, repeat. If any other team was undergoing what we are currently…….Trainwreck.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

We have not sacrificed our tourney hopes. 
No but put them in legitimate question. We now have to rely on a serious positive response. I believe it could happen but his post is spot on Woodson chose to discipline knowing full well this game was significant. We can still get in of course but need to win some games

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

I promise I’m not trying to be an old man, but I respect him going scorched earth tonight. Maybe he thought we could get them with our 6 guys? I can’t imagine he felt great about it, but who knows. It *had* to have been something pretty stupid to make that kind of statement, though. 

Oh don’t get me wrong I’m all for building a culture and keeping players accountable I just am naturally curious on what happened. If we wind up squarely on the bubble I’d hate for this game to be something that could keep us out

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We just simply aren’t good. I don’t know who to blame. Lots of blame to go anywhere. Everyone deserves some.

We get down 6-8 points in a second half. ITS OVER! We have zero offense and shooting to spring a comeback. It’s an incredibly depressing gameplan and roster. Very predictable on offense. Apparently Leal can’t even shoot well. Galloway from 3 is a prayer. Kopp can’t do much of anything. Race tries. Only reason we were even alive is Northwestern was 1-14 from 3 and we still couldn’t spread a lead. North-freaking-western. And heck, I predicted this loss even. Hate being proven correct every season. Want my forecast for next season?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I agree. It’s sad because you want to love Leal but he’s just not a Big Ten player right now and I don’t know if he’ll truly ever be. He has so much edge to him and you want him to be a Jordan Hulls but he’s not. It’s stinks so bad. Kopp is going to go bonkers one game his shot gives him a chance every game but it just doesn’t go in right now. Race and Galloway aren’t a good go to player but they play so hard. It’s hurt this loss because the guys on the court tonight I love. All 7 that played tonight next Tuesday should be applauded like heroes for doing what’s right for this university. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

+10000.  Likely the same guys that have a fond memories of Uwe and the four freshman.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If they were good ones we would have wrecked Northwestern and the players would have loved the extra PT. This isn’t the first game we’ve looked like hot garbage. Always an excuse for our failures then some glimmer of hope for our future. Rinse, repeat. If any other team was undergoing what we are currently…….Trainwreck.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Wow, show me the team that would have thrown 3 regular starters, the 11th man, and a good 6th man at Northwestern at the last minute and wrecked them. I bet they’re pretty good. 

8 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

We’ll likely never know but I’m curious how egregious of an offense these guys made for Woodson to sacrifice this team’s tourney hopes for. Can confidently say that there are plenty of coaches that wouldn’t have done that

I respect it…make rules, enforce them. You even saw with Coach K with Grayson Allen, he didn’t have the sack to do it. Suspended him for a non-conference game against a small school after multiple issues. Hopefully those 5 get their heads out of their backsides.