Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Northwestern - 02/08/22 @ 9:00 ET on BTN

2 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I know he won’t but TJD might as well stay here next year. Just no potential to be a productive NBA player. 

It’s a very weak draft class this year. He needs to go if he wants a shot at the second round. 

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

******* pathetic. 

If we don’t beat Wisconsin at home, we’re done for. We should win that game though. 

Wisconsin has beaten Purdue and MSU convincingly on their home courts. I bet you they stomp us. 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

His one offseason where he took over in April? Come the f on. 

These clowns come out of the woodwork every time the team doesn't put out an A performance. The fact they're doing it on a night where only 6 scholarship players played shows their true colors. Must be a very sad existence.

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

I agree we have the firepower to beat northwestern but we are also fully capable of losing to northwestern at full strength as well. Losing this game may very well end up meaning something. We are not solidly in the tournament yet. We have a rough stretch that is looking like bad news at the moment. 

Totally on board with that. Just frustrated at the people (not you) that are using this game to make that same, fair point. 

1 minute ago, colonel06 said:

We just aren’t the Indiana I remember and so want it to before checking out:(

And we never will be. Time for the Knight haters to wake uo to the fact that he was the only thing holding up an inept AD for decades. 

If we’re lucky we get a decent coach before we die. I have faith woody can lay some ground work. 

Well, this really sucks… not sure what the 5 guys did to get suspended but hope it was worth it to them. Not one to bash the guys who did the right thing and were out there tonight but this team has to get more from Trayce and Miller in this situation tonight. Congrats Northwestern on winning the Super Bowl!!

So, stay with me on this, and yeah I’m probably gonna get roasted. But I personally am of the opinion that you don’t punish your team for some individual mistakes. You bench five guys in a winnable game when you don’t have many winnable games left. Unless it was serious and police were involved or something, couldn’t you run their butts at practice? Maybe stagger the suspensions over two games? To me, I can see where basically forefitting a game that could impact your programs chances at a tourney birth, etc. might be unfair to the team. It better win him some parents on the recruiting trail or something, because not making the tourney AGAIN, could be deflating to the program, like it or not.  

Cool, people are 'done with TJD'.

You should be done with Lander.  Finally was getting a chance to get minutes and ****ed it up.

Be done with X, who finally has a chance to be in the NCAA tournament and might have ****ed it up for everyone involved.

Be done with Parker Stewart who hasn't shown that he even really wants to be on the court.

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

It's a quad one loss.  But, yeah.

Ok rephrased: it was an opportunity for a road win where our schedule in the near future provides less than stellar opportunities. 

Despite how poorly we played. I cant even be mad the the ones in the game. Selfishness failed us. 

2 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Oh it most definitely means something as it relates to this team. It means a lot as it relates to this team. 

How about I call an audible and say “this team on the floor”. Because off the floor……agree. 

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

Wisconsin has beaten Purdue and MSU convincingly on their home courts. I bet you they stomp us. 

We match up well with them. And it’s home. It’s literally the game we need to win to be a tourney team (we’re a 9-11 seed now). 

I don’t have confidence we win tho. 

1 minute ago, FightFor6 said:

These clowns come out of the woodwork every time the team doesn't put out an A performance. The fact they're doing it on a night where only 6 scholarship players played shows their true colors. Must be a very sad existence.

I’ve been here a lot longer than you and suffered through 3 crappy coaches on this board. Stop trying to flex as if you are somehow more allowed to determine who is a fan. 

The people worried about what they are seeing are the same people that were right about Crean and Archie so maybe sit down and listen to opposing views you might learn something 

1 minute ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

So, stay with me on this, and yeah I’m probably gonna get roasted. But I personally am of the opinion that you don’t punish your team for some individual mistakes. You bench five guys in a winnable game when you don’t have many winnable games left. Unless it was serious and police were involved or something, couldn’t you run their butts at practice? Maybe stagger the suspensions over two games? To me, I can see where basically forefitting a game that could impact your programs chances at a tourney birth, etc. might be unfair to the team. It better win him some parents on the recruiting trail or something, because not making the tourney AGAIN, could be deflating to the program, like it or not.  

Missing the tournament this season would be devastating. 

Just now, brumdog45 said:

Cool, people are 'done with TJD'.

You should be done with Lander.  Finally was getting a chance to get minutes and ****ed it up.

Be done with X, who finally has a chance to be in the NCAA tournament and might have ****ed it up for everyone involved.

Be done with Parker Stewart who hasn't shown that he even really wants to be on the court.

Why can't I be done with all of them?

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

I’ve been here a lot longer than you and suffered through 3 crappy coaches on this board. Stop trying to flex as if you are somehow more allowed to determine who is a fan. 

The people worried about what they are seeing are the same people that were right about Crean and Archie so maybe sit down and listen to opposing views you might learn something 

The fact that you measure the validity of opinions based on time spent on a message board says all anyone needs to know about you. Step outside and get some fresh air.