Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Northwestern - 02/08/22 @ 9:00 ET on BTN

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

For emotionally  invested fans probably.  Every game against a team people think are lower on the totem pole is a must win 

From an outside perspective not even close to being a must win.    IU could win this “must win” game and go on to lose the next 7 so winning the must win game wouldn’t of  mattered.    IU could also lose this game and go on and win the next 7 and losing the must win game wouldn’t of mattered.   Having said all of that I had this game ranked high when I ranked the remaining games from most important to least important before the Penn St game While not a must win this a big opportunity for IU  to improve the resume    

I agree. I guess it would be a Quad 1 win, which would help our resume!

27 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I agree. I guess it would be a Quad 1 win, which would help our resume!

Any road top 100 win is a huge resume builder.    Committee history tells you that a team needs 4 wins away from home for an at-large bid.   IU has 3 right now.     Oklahoma a couple years ago with Young is only team in the last 20 years or so to get one with only 3 wins away from home 

Fisch just said there is "News of the day" that we won't like. Hasn't elaborated yet, but sounds like it's true on 1 or more of the guys not being available for the game.

1 minute ago, DWB said:

Fisch just said there is "News of the day" that we won't like. Hasn't elaborated yet, but sounds like it's true on 1 or more of the guys not being available for the game.

Rabjohns just posted that he expects multiple IU players to sit tonight, not just a couple.