Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

IUBB vs Illinois- 2/5/2022 @ 12:00 on ESPN

16 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Even in places like Minnesota where it seems like they get snow like this every other week they don’t really move games. I’d be surprised if it doesn’t get played Saturday. Illinois should be able to come in late on Friday, worst case. Could make for a bad crowd for unfortunate reasons like yours though. 

I’d be happy to get snow, but we are projected to get up to an inch of ICE. Ugh.

26 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

I’d be happy to get snow, but we are projected to get up to an inch of ICE. Ugh.

Woof. Stay safe to you and everyone else in the path of the storm. 

With the snow supposed to stop Thursday night, road crews will have all day Friday to work, I'm guessing the game will still be on for Saturday. All area schools will be closed the rest of the week, but IU is not closing or I would be surprised if they closed. I think IU has only closed twice in the last 100 years. 

On 2/1/2022 at 12:24 AM, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I'm an outlier on this board with my next comment, but I want this win worse than against Purdue

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

For me:

Kentucky = Pure hatred with no redeeming qualities.

Purdue = Pure hatred but with a modicum of respect.

Illinois = Hatred when we play them, otherwise ignore them.

Don't really have a feel for how this game goes. I generally hate noon games and have a hard time jumping in that early. May have something to do with drinking habits. A win would be a great way to kick off the rest of the stretch run.

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

For me:

Don't really have a feel for how this game goes. I generally hate noon games and have a hard time jumping in that early. May have something to do with drinking habits. A win would be a great way to kick off the rest of the stretch run.

I agree with all of this. Noon games, do I drink and ruin the rest of the day? Do I wait till the game is over to start drinking? Then it's celebrating a win or drowning my sorrows, either way, I'm in trouble for not being productive the rest of the day. Or not drink at all and just be in a bad mood. Decisions, decisions. Go IU

For me:
Illinois is number 1 for me because I was born, raised and live in the middle of Illini Country. Most of my family and friends are Illini fans.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I agree with all of this. Noon games, do I drink and ruin the rest of the day? Do I wait till the game is over to start drinking? Then it's celebrating a win or drowning my sorrows, either way, I'm in trouble for not being productive the rest of the day. Or not drink at all and just be in a bad mood. Decisions, decisions. Go IU

I don't think of it as ruining the rest of the day, I prefer to think of it as emotional enhancement!

34 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Sounds like you're old. I would know because these are the type of things I think about too.

2 hours ago, cthomas said:

For me:

Kensucky is and always be pure hatred for me but since we don’t play them, may hatred for them has slightly taken a rest.

Turdue #2, like you pure hatred but respect their program!

MSU, hate Izzo 

Ohio St, because of their football 

Illinois, just because 

close behind Wisky but only because we haven’t won up there. 

53 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Kensucky is and always be pure hatred for me but since we don’t play them, may hatred for them has slightly taken a rest.

Turdue #2, like you pure hatred but respect their program!

MSU, hate Izzo 

Ohio St, because of their football 

Illinois, just because 

close behind Wisky but only because we haven’t won up there. 

UK - More amused, because Cal is still too scared to play at IU. Chicken.

PU - Looking forward to renewed rivalry, now that we have a real coach again. Started with the W. Respect? Nahh.

MSU - Do respect the coaching, but can't stand the man - Izzo, whiney little B, no ethics, turns the cheek to rules/criminal conduct because it helps him win. 

OSU. Who?

Illini - yup. And a shout out to old Mile/Ken from HSN (RIP), who hated the Illini above all others.

Wisc - Hate them. Hate their moronic fans. Time to get back to beating them, regularly. 

image.jpeg.5086b7719ca592c0906e375062fccb9d.jpeg

No. 11 Michigan St tops Oakland 90-78 for 5th straight win

Tom Izzo Goes Off on ESPN's Dan Dakich, Demands Apology | Zagsblog

I think the thing that I am most thankful for with the Coach Woodson era is this: it feels great for IU to play in a big game. Between this and the Purdue game I've missed it. The last five years there were games that were big for one team but didn't mean a whole lot for us. It's just awesome to have an Indiana game as one of the best games of the day. I can't wait for Saturday. 

7 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

UK - More amused, because Cal is still too scared to play at IU. Chicken.

PU - Looking forward to renewed rivalry, now that we have a real coach again. Started with the W. Respect? Nahh.

MSU - Do respect the coaching, but can't stand the man - Izzo, whiney little B, no ethics, turns the cheek to rules/criminal conduct because it helps him win. 

OSU. Who?

Illini - yup. And a shout out to old Mile/Ken from HSN (RIP), who hated the Illini above all others.

Wisc - Hate them. Hate their moronic fans. Time to get back to beating them, regularly. 

image.jpeg.5086b7719ca592c0906e375062fccb9d.jpeg

No. 11 Michigan St tops Oakland 90-78 for 5th straight win

Tom Izzo Goes Off on ESPN's Dan Dakich, Demands Apology | Zagsblog

tom-izzo.gif

On 2/1/2022 at 9:34 AM, mjeze106 said:

Durr should get some run against Kofi. Hopefully drawing some fouls (and making them)

I hope (to be clear I have no info) that Durr is not 2/3 of the way through a 3 game suspension as we could really use him to shove Kofi for 6-10 minutes. Sort of seems like a 3 gamer as it is odd that he played decent/good  games vs PU and UM and then got zero minutes each of the last two games.