Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Maryland - 01/29/22 @ 2:30 on Fox-TV

Can't remember did one or two fish go missing for a bit? On a side note, as a junior we rented a house on E 8th a few blocks from Kilroy's, anyway I woke up one morning near Little 5  week and found a helium take from  the IU golf course in our living room.  We had black garbage bags of sqeaky voice juice on our ceiling all week during parties.  Ahh, for the simpler days.

We had a rental in the 800 block of e 8th in 89 I think. Pretty good location

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I was there as a junior, Showalter was amazing, couldn’t see pavement or grass all the way to the Union, and I might’ve taken that fish….

I just followed the crowd but without cell phones it was amazing how many people found there way to the fountain. We watched from off campus and I have no idea who told our group but we just hopped in cars and went

40 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I just followed the crowd but without cell phones it was amazing how many people found there way to the fountain. We watched from off campus and I have no idea who told our group but we just hopped in cars and went

I actually watched the game with friends at the Student Union, was on top of a table when The Shot went in — ran straight to the Fountain and it was already packed, people in trees, what a blast.

Really hope the students and recent grads get to experience that, sometime soon, nothing else like it!

24 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We need the turtles to go on a tear so this counts a quad 1 win.  Plus our game at home will move in to quad 2 range as well 

The Maryland team I saw the past week or two gives such inconsistent efforts that I see no way they go on a extended good stretch.

If Russell has to sit with that wrist injury they are likely to lose a ton of games going forward.

Remember the roster has to be down to 15 next year. We’re at 15 now with three signed recruits. I think the staff would welcome everyone back, but we have to lose 3 people. 

15? Did they expand the scholarship limit to 15 for next year? If so, I missed that. 13 should still be the limit. Which means we need 3 to leave next year to be able to bring in our 3 recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, CrimsonCreamer said:

15? Did they expand the scholarship limit to 15 for next year? If so, I missed that. 13 should still be the limit. Which means we need 3 to leave next year to be able to bring in our 3 recruits.

Yeah it’s 13 scholarships. Maybe TJD gets a ton of NIL money next year and stays as a walk on. We can dream, right?

23 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Remember the roster has to be down to 15 next year. We’re at 15 now with three signed recruits. I think the staff would welcome everyone back, but we have to lose 3 people. 

Parker Stewart will be 24. He’s gonna get on with his life.

Michael Durr? If he continues to be a DNP-CD, pretty sure he won’t be invited back. Trayce is also gonzo. Four others are 50/50 to come back at best.

Room on the roster will not be an issue. Finding the right guy that plays the post as a portal transfer will be the challenge.

ON THE OTHER HAND: we will have at a minimum JHS, Scoop, Gallo, and Jordan G back for sure. That’s four excellent players that can each guard three or four positions—a perfect core for Woody’s focus on high-level interchangeable defenders.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Room on the roster will not be an issue. Finding the right post portal transfer will be the challenge.

You’ve got to get the right guy, but it’s a terrific opportunity if they identify who that is. There are two types of players who’d fit:

1. the offensive star, high usage, efficient scorer; Woodson can point to his experience coaching Rasheed Wallace, Julius Randle, TJD, and say, “we need one of these and it’s you,” or

2. more of a defense-first, screen-and-dunk on offense type: think of Marcus Camby or Tyson Chandler.

From here it looks like type 1 is the better fit, unless the staff thinks the offense can be carried by the guards/wings. My hunch is CMW will generally want the first type every year, but we’ll watch some seasons with good teams who have type 2 bigs.

16 minutes ago, CrimsonCreamer said:

Sorry fat fingers while eating my victory donut 

7 minutes ago, lillurk said:

You’ve got to get the right guy, but it’s a terrific opportunity if they identify who that is. There are two types of players who’d fit:

1. the offensive star, high usage, efficient scorer; Woodson can point to his experience coaching Rasheed Wallace, Julius Randle, TJD, and say, “we need one of these and it’s you,” or

2. more of a defense-first, screen-and-dunk on offense type: think of Marcus Camby or Tyson Chandler.

From here it looks like type 1 is the better fit, unless the staff thinks the offense can be carried by the guards/wings. My hunch is CMW will generally want the first type every year, but we’ll watch some seasons with good teams who have type 2 bigs.

Type 1 is extremely difficult to find.

Type 2 is not only easier to find, that player will see the opportunity to develop offensively under Woody.

Thinking about known quantities that are playing for soon to be fired coaches? If Eduardo Andre or Wilhelm Breidenbach leave Nebraska when Hoiberg is dumped I see real potential with either.

I think Logan will transfer, and maybe KL. Rob (to me) is up in the air depending on how soon he comes back and is able to contribute. If his injury is chronic, then I think he moves on with his life. 

Durr needs some major improvement, but might be "on the bubble" depending on who's available in the portal. CMW went after him, so he saw something in him to recruit him, and I would think it was more than his bulk.

Agree that Stewart will leave, and maybe Kopp. Kopp might come back if TJD would stay (I know...not very likely).

I'm on the fence with Bates. He may decide he wants a starter's position and go elsewhere. Sure hope not, as he will be a star in a 18 months or so.

32 minutes ago, DWB said:

I think Logan will transfer, and maybe KL. Rob (to me) is up in the air depending on how soon he comes back and is able to contribute. If his injury is chronic, then I think he moves on with his life. 

Durr needs some major improvement, but might be "on the bubble" depending on who's available in the portal. CMW went after him, so he saw something in him to recruit him, and I would think it was more than his bulk.

Agree that Stewart will leave, and maybe Kopp. Kopp might come back if TJD would stay (I know...not very likely).

I'm on the fence with Bates. He may decide he wants a starter's position and go elsewhere. Sure hope not, as he will be a star in a 18 months or so.

Seems at best unlikely that Logan would transfer. He didn't come in expecting to play real minutes, just a frosh behind stud vets

And don't really see Stewart either. Starts every game, our primary outside threat. Minutes going down (as they should, either for him or Kopp) with more floor time for Galloway, but he was brought in after losing his father and this is already his third program, and he is a significant player under Woodson, in a program clearly on the rise. Really same points for Kopp. These guys are not unhappy, and have no reason to be.

1 minute ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Seems at best unlikely that Logan would transfer. He didn't come in expecting to play real minutes, just a frosh behind stud vets

And don't really see Stewart either. Starts every game, our primary outside threat. Minutes going down (as they should, either for him or Kopp) with more floor time for Galloway, but he was brought in after losing his father and this is already his third program, and he is a significant player under Woodson, in a program clearly on the rise. Really same points for Kopp. These guys are not unhappy, and have no reason to be.

Not saying Kopp and Stewart are unhappy.

Just saying ya can’t be a college student forever. Maybe if they want a grad degree.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not saying Kopp and Stewart are unhappy.

Just saying ya can’t be a college student forever. Maybe if they want a grad degree.

Yes but both are juniors -- Stewart a R-Jr and Kopp a Jr on eligibilty. I have no insight on whether they're ready to move on from college. But they're in a good place...