Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Maryland - 01/29/22 @ 2:30 on Fox-TV

Just now, monskisprodigy said:

The ball didn’t stop with him like it does a lot of times with Phinisee and sometimes X. Not sure what your question is? 

17 minutes of X on the court:  IU +12.

3 minutes of Lander:  IU -5.

The limbo bar you set for Lander's progress Manute Bol could have walked under.

4 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

The bar is going to set extremely low for Lander for the majority of folks

Unfortunately, Lander is what he is at this point. Kid is the same age as our freshman, and was clearly over ranked coming out of high school.

But I don’t think he is a lost cause, and feel like people are over critical of mistakes he makes, yet overlook the same mistakes others make. 

Just staying positive that he can end up being a good player for us, because I do think he has some tangibles.

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

17 minutes of X on the court:  IU +12.

3 minutes of Lander:  IU -5.

The limbo bar you set for Lander's progress Manute Bol could have walked under.

That’s fine, I didn’t say there weren’t issues with his minutes haha. And at one point this season people were ready to write off X. Wild that a player can build off mistakes and make progressions as a player.

I’m looking for positives and things he can build on, not hyper focusing on everything he does wrong. Not willing to write a young kid off because of 3 minutes following a month plus of not playing. 

You have your stance, I have mine.  No need to discuss further. 

Let’s get a W!