Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
CrossboneIU22

Potential B1G Division Elimination Format

So what does everyone think?  

Conference Schedule goes down to 8 games, 3 against fixed teams and other 5 rotates plus games against the ACC/PAC 12.  I haven't seen anywhere mentioned how many games against the ACC/PAC12 though 2, 3 or 4?

But as far as our "Fixed" three opponents, who will it be or who SHOULD it be?

1. Purdue - The Bucket Game (Duh)

2. Michigan State - The Ol Brass Spitoon

3. ??

Maybe Illinois, Northwestern, Maryland, Rutgers?

Our luck it would be Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State or Wisconsin

What teams from the ACC and Pac 12 would you like to see on the Hoosiers schedule?

ACC

• Wake Forest
  • NC State
  • Clemson
  • Louisville
  • Florida State
  • Boston College
  • Syracuse
  • Pitt
  • Miami
  • Virginia Tech
  • Virginia
  • North Carolina
  • Georgia Tech
  • Duke

PAC-12

• Oregon
  • Washington State
  • Oregon State
  • California
  • Washington
  • Stanford
  • Utah
  • Arizona State
  • USC
  • Colorado
  • Arizona

What do you say fellow Hoosiers?

All of these schools below are opponents that are established, less travel time and/or with some IUFB history involved. 

• The 3 fixed will more than likely be, Purdue, MSU and Illinois. All three games are rivalry games. 
  • ACC opponents that makes sense the first year is Louisville and Virginia. 
  • PAC12 opponents today Washington and whoever they want to put on the schedule.

But at the end of the day just have ACC/PAC12 opponents in a rotating schedule.

Regardless of the schedule, this is a really good idea and will help combat the recent SEC moves with OU and Texas joining their conference. 

48 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

How are the Conf championship game participants determined? 

I would assume like the Big 12 or AAC is determined? 

I don't think it would be that difficult to figure out the two best teams in the conference. For example, the 2021 season conference championship would have been a rematch of OSU v UM. Which were indeed to the two best teams in the conference. No knock on Iowa but they were probably the 4th best team in the conference last year anyway.

And with the fixed games I'm assuming a school like UM will have MSU and OSU on the schedule. Which will help determine the conf championships for sure. I think schools out of the West will now be forced to go through a gauntlet of a schedule like IUFB which will be awesome for the conference as a whole. 

I'm viewing this change as a good thing for the conference overall. And a really good thing for IUFB.

22 hours ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

So what does everyone think?  

Conference Schedule goes down to 8 games, 3 against fixed teams and other 5 rotates plus games against the ACC/PAC 12.  I haven't seen anywhere mentioned how many games against the ACC/PAC12 though 2, 3 or 4?

But as far as our "Fixed" three opponents, who will it be or who SHOULD it be?

1. Purdue - The Bucket Game (Duh)

2. Michigan State - The Ol Brass Spitoon

3. ??

Maybe Illinois, Northwestern, Maryland, Rutgers?

Our luck it would be Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State or Wisconsin

What teams from the ACC and Pac 12 would you like to see on the Hoosiers schedule?

ACC

• Wake Forest
  • NC State
  • Clemson
  • Louisville
  • Florida State
  • Boston College
  • Syracuse
  • Pitt
  • Miami
  • Virginia Tech
  • Virginia
  • North Carolina
  • Georgia Tech
  • Duke

PAC-12

• Oregon
  • Washington State
  • Oregon State
  • California
  • Washington
  • Stanford
  • Utah
  • Arizona State
  • USC
  • Colorado
  • Arizona

What do you say fellow Hoosiers?

Ummm... I'd say just 1 fixed game. Purdue. I don't care about playing Michigan State. I don't care about that trophy. Big Ten just needs to schedule 8 games. I really don't even care if Purdue is a locked game. Just get rid of the divisions. 

On 1/27/2022 at 3:26 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Ummm... I'd say just 1 fixed game. Purdue. I don't care about playing Michigan State. I don't care about that trophy. Big Ten just needs to schedule 8 games. I really don't even care if Purdue is a locked game. Just get rid of the divisions. 

Agreed.  I don't even care about that damn spittoon.  We don't even win enough against the Spartans to justify it.

Purdue should be the locked game, and everything else is fair game.  However, knowing our luck, we're forever bound to playing Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State every year.