Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Southside

Poll: Storming the court?

Storming the court  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion on tonight's storming of the court?

• Bad - act like you've been there before
    • Good - IU fans should embrace the victory

I was a bit surprised to see some post about storming the court.... 

So a poll.... 

And my thoughts....

1. February 20th, 2016...... That's the last time we beat Purdue.
    • No student on a normal 4 year gig has seen a win over Purdue.
  2. November 11th, 2016..... That's the last time we beat a top 5 team in Assembly Hall ( I think???)
    • see above......
  3. Woody, a new coach, leading a new regime, gets easily the best home court win in 5+ years, the best any current IU student has seen ever....

Storm the ******* court, and don't be sorry for it. Those that say act like you've been there before.... no player, and no student at IU, has been there before... 

Now if storm the court over a lesser win this year, OK...

The Rivalry is FINALLY back on.

I wouldn’t say that I necessarily like it, but Given the circumstances I really have no problem with it either. If those roles were reversed (Purdue sucking for a decade plus and losing to use year after year) they storm the court as well. As I think most programs would given that scenario. Had it been a blowout win, I think I would like it even less. But given the circumstances and the way the game was played coming down to the last two possessions, again I have no problem with it.

Also, I am saying this as a fan watching from TV. Had I been there in person and still been a college student, I would bet large amounts of money my @$$ would have been out there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

I wouldn’t say that I necessarily like it, but Given the circumstances I really have no problem with it either. If those roles were reversed (Purdue sucking for a decade plus and losing to use year after year) they storm the court as well. As I think most programs would given that scenario. Had it been a blowout win, I think I would like it even less. But given the circumstances and the way the game was played coming down to the last two possessions, again I have no problem with it.

Also, I am saying this as a fan watching from TV. Had I been there in person and still been a college student, I would bet large amounts of money my @$$ would have been out there as well.

Yup. Backstory and situation both... 

I'm 50s now. And I think my old azz would been down there. I've heard way too much from the PU family and friends for 5+ years.

Blowout, nope, but a close game, and big 3 from Phin, then a miss by PU with time running out.. yup... 

14 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Didn’t have a single person take me up on my invite to the 17th St. IUCU parking lot, so this poll better be 100% in favor. 

huh? I don't understand the 17th Street ref.

what did I miss?

I say enjoy. Do you think the recruits or players think it was bush league to storm the court? Hell no….they and the students will remember this night, and storming the court, forever.

I posted this in the game thread.

I am an old dude that was a freshman during the undefeated ‘75-76 season. We had a ton of great games and “expected” big wins.

These kids, however,  have endured 2/3/4 years of completely soulless “Archie Ball”. They have literally gone through a nuclear winter of IU basketball. I’m very glad they are having a great time. Storm the court if you want, party and miss class tomorrow. Have fun!!!!!

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I say enjoy. Do you think the recruits or players think it was bush league to storm the court? Hell no….they and the students will remember this night, and storming the court, forever.

I posted this in the game thread.

I am an old dude that was a freshman during the undefeated ‘75-76 season. We had a ton of great games and “expected” big wins.

These kids, however,  have endured 2/3/4 years of completely soulless “Archie Ball”. They have literally gone through a nuclear winter of IU basketball. I’m very glad they are having a great time. Storm the court if you want, party and miss class tomorrow. Have fun!!!!!

Yup. Folks don't realize how much kids love big wins. We just haven't had one like this in a long long time. Kids on campus have never seen this. 

And just as a fan base, this is easily the best win in 5+ years. 

The Iowa wins last year aren't even in the same solar system. 

Woody is going to get a cult following if he adds to this.

I think it's great the students had the opportunity to release all that energy after a great victory. These are the same people who stood out in the freezing temps from early in the day to support the team. My only concern was hope none of our players/coaches test positive after that up close and personal victory celebration. 

I've come around slightly on the court storm ONLY considering what these students have dealt with the past couple years. But make no mistake, everyone who's up in arms about people being against the court storm, we'd be absolutely CRUSHING Purdue if they did it against us. We'd have a 15 page long thread by now, specifically about them storming the court, just crushing them. So no more calling them little brother if we're okay storming the court last night. I'm not even against a court storm. The Wat Shot was 100% worth a court storm. Not beating Purdue when when we were only 3.5 point underdogs just b/c they're highly ranked and we haven't beaten them in a while. 

34 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I love how people get so worked up about students showing up to games and creating a crazy/fun atmosphere.... but then complain when they do just that. goodness

As I have gotten older, I have realized that people just want to complain.

I don't have a problem with it. At one time, maybe I would have, but those days have long since passed. We aren't who we used to be.

My only comment is that it doesn't make sense to keep calling them "little brother" when we act like it's our biggest win of the year.

9 hours ago, Southside said:

huh? I don't understand the 17th Street ref.

what did I miss?

Buried in the game thread. I welcomed all court storm haters to meet me in the parking lot of the 17th Street IU Credit Union. I had no takers.

Long story short I challenged about 13 total people on a message board to a fight. I was emotional.

I really think that they ought to fix the roof of SSAH because it leaks.  Really is a bad visual when it storms on the court.

Players could get injured. Slipping and sliding and getting concussions or cussed at..  And that happened with the previous head coaches waaay too much.

Lots of water on the court can ruin the wood.  And where would be be if our woodies were ruined?

Or if Coach Woody, heaven forbid, got immersed in the deluge of negativity.  That would be rotten, too.

So they ought to fix that thing.

Oh....

Fans excited and run onto the court after a big win against our in-state lil brother after this program has been in the doldrums for how many decades?  

Nevermind.

29 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

I really think that they ought to fix the roof of SSAH because it leaks.  Really is a bad visual when it storms on the court.

Players could get injured. Slipping and sliding and getting concussions or cussed at..  And that happened with the previous head coaches waaay too much.

Lots of water on the court can ruin the wood.  And where would be be if our woodies were ruined?

Or if Coach Woody, heaven forbid, got immersed in the deluge of negativity.  That would be rotten, too.

So they ought to fix that thing.

Oh....

Fans excited and run onto the court after a big win against our in-state lil brother after this program has been in the doldrums for how many decades?  

Nevermind.

Shades of "Emily Litela"....