Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana vs Undue Purversity, Thursday, 7:00 pm

Probably been said but you know Phinisee has dreamed of that shot. Wanted it, once, twice- bang.
All matchup snafu's aside, speaks to the trust Woodson has in Galloway putting him on Ivey in the dire moments.
X/Phin is an interesting combo in stretches, really showed they can defend on the perimeter despite possible height issues and always smart/pesky weakside post defense. Obviously, they got it done tonight on the offensive end and TAKE CARE OF THE BALL (O T/O: 4 steals)
Truly a team win with TJD all but out- showed there are other parts of this team that were effective and could be potentially consistent. Potentially :)

GOOOOO IU
And Rob's response after the miss was pure confidence. He said something like "that was close" then BANG. So happy for him and myself, and the students, and fans, and all of ypu

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

To me the biggest thing is that the TEAM was totally behind Phin getting that last shot. Win lose or draw, WE the team want Rob to do this. THAT is a team! You go, we go!

Love that Woody drew up 2 plays in a row for him to get the ball and win the game. He missed the first but whatever…here ya go Rob, it’s your night, you’ve had the hot hand and we trust you. Bang. 

“Just tell the students not to storm the court when you hit it.”

-coach Woodson 

47 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Jim Jackson: "That's where you want Race Thompson -- just behind the 3-point line." 

Huh? 

Doesn't he have a stat sheet in front of him? He came into this game 3 for 22. 

He is an O$U guy, education and reading don’t come easy

Just now, Stuhoo said:

It’s on my dvr. Race does a celebration crash into Kopp and then gets back slapped by a very excited Cupps and Miro

Thanks, I can run it back on youtubetv with this info

Phin definitely led in many ways but there were a lot of pieces not named TJD that stepped up. X got things going early in the game. Phin came in and built on that. I liked the energy from both of them. Gallo and Geronimo played excellent minutes off the bench. Durr stepped up BIG while TJD was sitting for the majority of the game.

Great team win and would love to see our guards build off of this.

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Our next 5 games we are favored in with our road games being Maryland and Northwestern.  Let’s make this a streak and get ranked. 

Agree, we actually have a favorable schedule remaining. I hadn’t been paying attention, but MSU is crazy overrated. They’re 5-1 in conference: Wins - Minny (2), Neb, NW, PSU. Loss - NW. talk about a soft start. 

2 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Agree, we actually have a favorable schedule remaining. I hadn’t been paying attention, but MSU is crazy overrated. They’re 5-1 in conference: Wins - Minny (2), Neb, NW, PSU. Loss - NW. talk about a soft start. 

Teams like UM, MSU, MD looked more daunting pre-season than they do now.

BIG BIG win tonight!! I HOPE this is the start of a long winning streak (against Purdue and for this season). 

1) Major props to Rob Phinisee. We can't lie it's been a disappointing 4 years for him. From what it sounds like Coach Woodson never lost faith in him. I hope this gives Rob the confidence going forward. 

2) Also props to Coach Woodson. He walked into a tough situation this year. I felt he's done a heck of a job in the 10 months he's been here. He preached playing a full 40 minutes tonight and they did just that tonight. 

3) Indiana needs not only this version of Rob to show up but also Xavier Johnson as well. 

4) Big Mike! He was awesome tonight. Outside of Rob may have been our second most valuable player tonight. Did a wonderful job on Edey. 

5) Hit your D**m free throws. 

6) Let the students have their fun. I'm not a fan of court storming but it's been a miserable few years for those students who pay lots of money to attend IU. (That being said don't throw S**t on the court)

7) Purdue is pretty darn good. Edey and Ivey I think are unstoppable. They'll be one of the last 8 teams standing. 

Celebrate this win tonight and get ready for Michigan Sunday. Some winnable games coming up for this program.