Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana vs Undue Purversity, Thursday, 7:00 pm

3 hours ago, maxwell said:

I believe our guys would benefit from more pass fakes when breaking the press and inbounding the ball.  GO HOOSIERS! 

More pass fakes, more shot fakes, triple threat position when catching it on the perimeter, etc. the basics. I watched Phin catch it on the wing against Nebrasketball and he wasn't in any kind of position to do anything which put absolutely zero stress on the defense.

6 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Why not?  

Haha, it was a bad joke about him being old.

I don’t think he has many tricks or deception to offer, we would have seen it by now was my point. We don’t press, we don’t change up defenses, we don’t play a big lineup or small ball to combat what the other team has. We pretty much do the same thing every game, not much mystery in what we are going to do

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I don’t think he has many tricks or deception to offer, we would have seen it by now was my point. We don’t press, we don’t change up defenses, we don’t play a big lineup or small ball to combat what the other team has. We pretty much do the same thing every game, not much mystery in what we are going to do

I thought maybe it was but wasn’t sure!

Maybe he was saving trickery for this game.  I agree, not much mystery but this is a game you would want to do that on.

22 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

14 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I thought maybe it was but wasn’t sure!

Maybe he was saving trickery for this game.  I agree, not much mystery but this is a game you would want to do that on.

Saving it for bowl season, pretty sure we'll see the WR sweep throwback to the QB for a field goal!

6 minutes ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

Does Wiskey pull gimmicks or do they do what they do very well all the time?

I do get what you are saying though.

I do like watching a team ATO with a specific play only to see the defense come out in zone and the offense is completely flummoxed.

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

More pass fakes, more shot fakes, triple threat position when catching it on the perimeter, etc. the basics. I watched Phin catch it on the wing against Nebrasketball and he wasn't in any kind of position to do anything which put absolutely zero stress on the defense.

When he's shooting it's usually zero stress on the defense.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

IUBB opens as a 3.5-point dog vs. Purdue, o/u 135. Pomeroy puts it at 3 and gives the Hoosiers a 39% chance of victory.

Well, PC Stellar sims had it as Purdue by 3.2, with IU winning 9 out of 20 sims.

FWIW, Sagarin ratings also has Purdue as a 3 point favorite.  Seems like a common theme.

Tarvik likes IU chances a little better and has Purdue as a 1 point favorite and gives Indiana a 46% chance to win.  Predicts a final 72-71 final.

Not sure I would bet the pointspread as it looks really on the money.  I would take the over though.

41 minutes ago, Barrel Rick said:

hey y'all..

it's been a minute.

just wanted to come on here and give my thoughts on tomorrow night's bout against those dirty bastards from up north.. 

let me start by saying, the Barrel will be in the building..

if ya' see a heavy-set man with Miller Lite's in each of his pockets; say hello..

as for the game; you know how Ricky does it.. i'm a realist.

we're f*cked.

jaden ivey? paolo banchero? jackson findley? 

this purdue team is stacked to the damn brim and then some..

if we cover the Rickspread (+83); i will be a man in utter astonishment..

as for those of you who know me, you know my relationship with Coach Woodson is tight-knit, and at our weekly brunch this morning he explained to me that we may be without Trayce Jackson-Davis tomorrow night.. 

now, i know that most of you are assuming that he's seen more trouble with his injury from last game than we assumed, but truthfully, he's suffered a new injury..

trayce tore his scrotum over the break..

to my understanding, he has had his sack on ice for virtually 48 hours straight, but he's still not at 100% according to team trainer Olivia DeJarnett..

"it works, but not well," she told me this evening..

put on the suit, Mikey.. for the love of God; we're gonna' need it..

- Ricky, 2022

There’s 50 seconds I’ll never get back.