Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Nebraska - 1/17/22 @ 6:00 ET on BTN

GDI win this game or walk back to Bloomington!  Rant over.

Nebraska (6-12) (0-7).  Road game or not, if we can't win this game............!

Jeff Levering and former Purdue wing Raphael Davis are on the call for Indiana vs Nebraska on Monday (BTN, 6 pm ET).

Radio

Live Stats

If Coach Woody would wear a suit at Nebraska...would he look like Winston Churchill?   (Answer:  Close but no cigar.)

Coach Woody casually walks into arenas for away games.  (Because he isn't wearing a suit.  Duh.)

He really should wear a suit jacket and pants to match.  The vest is yet to come.

Thank you.   

Thank you.

I will be here all week.  

3 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Nothing really to gain (but a road win) and everything to lose here. Hate hate hate this game.

It’s a trap!

If a game on the road in the Big 1.o for this group is a trap game we're more mentally fragile than I originally thought. We might even be able to win with our one good half and one bad half, although I wouldn't want to test that. Nebrasketball is not good.

Here it is, the middle of the basketball season.  We are all wondering what will be the legacy of this team this season.

In the last 2 decades the wheels had come off of the IU basketball program.  This season, with the coaching staff here today, we knew that it would be some time to rebuild.  But we were hoping that lightening would strike and make IU in the top tier of the B1G.  Right?   Well, no.  

Without very good to excellent guards, IU cannot compete with the best of the B1G.  Not today.  Not ever.

So there we have it folks. 

I hope that X and Phin and the other guards bring home the bacon tonight.  I'm saying that seems likely.

But, as far as the rest of the season goes.  Our guards have to get better and execute well each and every play.  Each and every game.  Or IU is again going to take a bath come the NCAAT. Hoping that Tamar keeps getting better.  Hoping that Lander figures it out.  Hoping that X never gets 2 fouls in the first half.  Hoping that PS makes most of his shots.  Kopp needs to kick it up a gear.  TFG and Race need to use The Force.  And Woody needs to wear his suit and not substitute the whole 2nd string in for 5 minutes midway through the first half.  The whole team needs to run plays early to stop the slow starts. Defense means stopping the other team and shutting them down...every play.   And put 2 halves together like they mean it.  And win, baby!

15 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

If a game on the road in the Big 1.o for this group is a trap game we're more mentally fragile than I originally thought. We might even be able to win with our one good half and one bad half, although I wouldn't want to test that. Nebrasketball is not good.

They're not good, but if a B1G team can make them look good it's IU.

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rothstein:  Nebraska's Trey McGowens (foot) is expected to make his Big Ten season debut tonight against Indiana. Hasn't played since 11/16. Averaged 10.7 PPG and 3.9 RPG last season.

Ah, there’s the guy whose gonna set career records. Found him. 

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rothstein:  Nebraska's Trey McGowens (foot) is expected to make his Big Ten season debut tonight against Indiana. Hasn't played since 11/16. Averaged 10.7 PPG and 3.9 RPG last season.

Of course he is. We're everybody's first game back. It's incredible. 

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Can’t wait for the “Career high of 28 pts 11 rbs and 4/5 on 3s” tonight 

34 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Can’t wait for the “Career high of 28 pts 11 rbs and 4/5 on 3s” tonight 

I hope to heck that won't happen.  He is recovering from a broken bone in his foot.  Right?

I'm guessing that he will be able to jump like me.  Cut like me.  Shoot and defend...ah...well, you get the idea.

Dustin Dopirak reports Khristian Lander is present but not dressed for the game. J. D. Campbell reports it's precautionary due to a sore leg.

Also of note in pregame Woodson said Khristan has been banged up fir a while now. Something I haven't heard but may answer why he has seen less playing time then some think.  

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk