Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Iowa - 01/13/22 @ 9:00 ET on FS1

12 hours ago, kreigh8 said:

NBA teams do this type of thing in the second quarter, right? That’s my only thought of why he does this but this isn’t the NBA and we don’t have the talent to effectively pull it off. I’m hoping he figures that out but I doubt it changes as he’s done it in every game and clearly it’s part of his strategy for whatever reason

Can’t fife or mata say “ hey mike we need to rethink the substitution strategy. “

On 1/14/2022 at 12:23 AM, brumdog45 said:

I predict the board will melt down if we lose at Nebraska.  A win won't move the needle either way.

I'm in for the long haul either way.  

I’m also in the for long haul.

I do however think a win vs NE will move the needle as we really need that win to keep our tourney hopes alive. Not saying we would be “done” if we lose but we really need a road win and on paper this is our best remaining chance.

16 hours ago, DWB said:

For all you guys who jump all over my a$$ when I said Geronimo didn't play well while he was in, go look at the replay.

• 10:38 first half. Throws it away, directly leads to 3 pt basket by our favorite Hawkeye (Bohanon)
  • 9:40 first half. Falls asleep in the lane and gets beat on a cut by Murray.

Gave up 5 pts in about a minute. I'd yank him if I was coach too. 

There was plenty of blame to go around on this game. No energy from anybody other than Galloway. (who is 43% from 3 since he's come back from injury. I think his shot HAS improved)

But I was making an observation on one player during the game, and Mr Tapatalk goes Bat**** when I make a light hearted comment that my observation was different than his. That's OK. We can all disagree, but I just thought some of you over reacted without having the facts.

OK....rant done. Next.

You have got to breathe long lad, just breathe! I can't believe you went back and re-watched this game? I know I won't do it. It was hard enough for me the first time around.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:06 AM, Five Prime said:

Also, I don't like XJs game.  He's not smart with the basketball, reaches and fouls too much, doesnt stretch the floor, and doesn't hit fts at a high rate.  This is not the kind of starting pg that wins you games on the road or in tournaments.  

He's the kind of PG that has you bald and heart attacks at a young mans age. 

12 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

He's the kind of PG that has you bald and heart attacks at a young mans age. 

I think that’s putting it mildly!

Besides bald and a heart attack he is the most annoying player who was supposed to make a high impact.  He’s worse, he’s nails on a chalkboard!