Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Iowa - 01/13/22 @ 9:00 ET on FS1

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

We got a point guard problem.

And a Durr problem.

I’m not saying Lander or Duncomb are better, but if the staff thinks they just might be better….??

Duncomb is hurt.  I am expecting Lander might get some run against Nebraska.  I think it's a little better matchup for him if they have him on Webster or Tomininga.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I mean if it’s not a lack of effort why would the players lie about it? Why would they call a meeting to discuss it?

When Iowa is dominating you on the offensive glass you have an effort issue. I know it’s not popular to post about because it just happened under Archie and that’s not Woody’s style. It’s there, it’s been there, and it’s not going away until it’s actually addressed (by the team not on a message board)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If our guys have problems so bad they are lying about effort as an excuse then put a fork in them their done.  

Agree. I still think this team sneaks in the tournament as a 8-10 seed. It sucks because I think Trayce is a special player but he won't be able to accomplish postseason success because of the supporting cast. Bottom line is this team doesn't have their QB to run the offense. I hate to say this but I bet Scott Drew thinks he dodged one with missing out on X. He's just been a bust. I hope JHS is the real deal next year. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if XJ were excelling right now if he’s at Baylor. Culture is a real thing and we have had the wrong one for a hot minute. Scott Drew has Akinjo playing far better than he ever has. Think about that.

Instead of making a serious hire this past offseason, the administration let nostalgia guide the process. We hired a guy no other Big 10 school would’ve hired because he went to IU in the late 70s. We’re an undisciplined, sloppy, inconsistent team. The coaching staff consistently makes mistakes. There’s no reason we shouldn’t be a tournament lock with the roster that we have. 
Maybe no other coach wanted to come here? We probably wouldn't have been able to attract a name you would want because we are so far removed from a winning culture. Making a hire that was worse than what we had (Miller for Crean) is what killed any momentum the good Crean years got us. We have to start having post season successes again to make the job what it should be.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I think the complaints about lack of effort largely stem from the fact that it's more reassuring to think guys just aren't trying hard enough and can do better instead of the realization that they just aren't good enough. 

If they weren’t good enough they wouldnt be able to dominate Wisconsin in the first half or to make a comeback attempt at Cuse 

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

We got a point guard problem.

And a Durr problem.

I’m not saying Lander or Duncomb are better, but if the staff thinks they just might be better….??

Rob has been decent for a few games but tonight at some point you’d think someone on the staff would say it’s impossible for Lander to play as bad as Rob is. 

2 minutes ago, mbredenk101 said:

Maybe no other coach wanted to come here? We probably wouldn't have been able to attract a name you would want because we are so far removed from a winning culture. Making a hire that was worse than what we had (Miller for Crean) is what killed any momentum the good Crean years got us. We have to start having post season successes again to make the job what it should be.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

I’d have given it to fife at least he had experience in college. NBA is too different 

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if XJ were excelling right now if he’s at Baylor. Culture is a real thing and we have had the wrong one for a hot minute. Scott Drew has Akinjo playing far better than he ever has. Think about that.

He might be doing better if Kopp and Stewart were shooting more as well.  I thought Parker was hitting just fine tonight but there were several times he passed up decent looks.

And one thing thing you know CAN'T happen when you take a shot is you don't turn it over. 

2 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Rob has been decent for a few games but tonight at some point you’d think someone on the staff would say it’s impossible for Lander to play as bad as Rob is. 

I have no idea what was going on with Phin tonight.  We've seen him overdribble, but tonight he simply just looked like he didn't want the ball.

I think the complaints about lack of effort largely stem from the fact that it's more reassuring to think guys just aren't trying hard enough and can do better instead of the realization that they just aren't good enough. 

I remember the off-season when we had that hype about our incoming players. That hype train is always fun until we can say they’re just not good enough. Rinse and repeat, IU basketball! JHS is going to be that point we haven’t had since IT!!

How many IU players did Fran go after? How many Iowa players did we go after? Who are we taking between the rosters in a draft?

Same goes for PSU

I remember when Phin was dominating with his 33% from 2s and 3s because he was finally getting healthy and confidence because Archie wasn’t his coach. I guess Arch messaged him this week.