Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Iowa - 01/13/22 @ 9:00 ET on FS1

Good defense is mostly effort.  

Didn’t someone mention rebounding as an effort stat? I mean they had multiple possessions with multiple offensive rebounds. That’s effort. We lacked proper planning and execution too.

Iowa is a great team tho they are 12-4, ignore any of the Big 1.o record besides that huge win over powerhouse Maryland who just had a huge win over the dominant Northwestern program. Also ignore all the horrible basketball we just played.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We “maybe” win 6 more games the rest of the way. Anyone else wanna take that bet?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
I'll take it. I say we win 10 total conference games, win one in B1G tourney and make NCAA tourney where we could win 1. I'm not gonna bet a lot though lol......I am an IU fan

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I disagree.  Two guys in our program have more impressive by a long shot resumes than Woodson you can justify moving them up.  With the interim first and see how things go.  
I like way you think buy doubtful in real iu messed up world it goes way we hope. In real world when head coach fails his staff fails.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

We just don’t have the horses.  Trayce, Race, Galloway, And maybe Parker.  They can’t do it all.  Kapp is a quite role player.    X is kind of a bust.   The kids Bates and Geranimo are work in progress but not quite there.   We need a guard with the killer instinct and don’t have one.  I still think things are pointed up, but this is going to be an up and down year.  

Agree. I still think this team sneaks in the tournament as a 8-10 seed. It sucks because I think Trayce is a special player but he won't be able to accomplish postseason success because of the supporting cast. Bottom line is this team doesn't have their QB to run the offense. I hate to say this but I bet Scott Drew thinks he dodged one with missing out on X. He's just been a bust. I hope JHS is the real deal next year. 

Did Geronimo see the floor in the second half? I know he had that bad turnover in the first half but I didn’t notice him out there at all in the second and didn’t see if he was in the doghouse or not

Just now, coonhounds said:

I like way you think buy doubtful in real iu messed up world it goes way we hope. In real world when head coach fails his staff fails.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

IU would have to do something they hate to do and move on before a coach has completely ran the team in the ground. 

We only do that when the guy can actually coach. 

Agree. I still think this team sneaks in the tournament as a 8-10 seed. It sucks because I think Trayce is a special player but he won't be able to accomplish postseason success because of the supporting cast. Bottom line is this team doesn't have their QB to run the offense. I hate to say this but I bet Scott Drew thinks he dodged one with missing out on X. He's just been a bust. I hope JHS is the real deal next year. 

I wish XJ would get the hell outta town. It’s not working, at all. I’m so done with that guy.
The Cuse game done it for me…saw all I needed to see in that 1 game. He has his own agenda and it hurts our team

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

It’s doesn’t take a power 6 coach to see somebody who isn’t cut out to be one. 

What DOES it take? I’m thinking it takes a power 7 coach. Maybe an 8 to be sure

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

It was free agency in college basketball why didn’t woody get the players he needed. He either didn’t know he didn’t have the players or he couldn’t get them. Either is a big problem. 

Easier said than done.  Especially on an inter web message board. 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

IU would have to do something they hate to do and move on before a coach has completely ran the team in the ground. 

We only do that when the guy can actually coach. 

Missed you the last couple game threads. Glad you were able to make one.  

Just now, kreigh8 said:

Did Geronimo see the floor in the second half? I know he had that bad turnover in the first half but I didn’t notice him out there at all in the second and didn’t see if he was in the doghouse or not

No, and that's been the rotation we've seen from Woodson so far in Big Ten play.  In the first half JG gets about 5 minutes and then doesn't play any in the second.

What's very puzzling is that tonight he came back and played Durr three minutes in the second half.  There should never be a minute of a game where Durr is on the court with TJD and/or Race on the bench with JG.

I am also getting more and more of the opinion that We should be starting Galloway and bringing Kopp off the bench.  Would give us another shooter off the bench.

Instead of making a serious hire this past offseason, the administration let nostalgia guide the process. We hired a guy no other Big 10 school would’ve hired because he went to IU in the late 70s. We’re an undisciplined, sloppy, inconsistent team. The coaching staff consistently makes mistakes. There’s no reason we shouldn’t be a tournament lock with the roster that we have. 

1 minute ago, yogisballin said:

I wish XJ would get the hell outta town. It’s not working, at all. I’m so done with that guy.
The Cuse game done it for me…saw all I needed to see in that 1 game. He has his own agenda and it hurts our team

Maybe.  But Phin doesn't have a plan and Lander doesn't have a clue.

You can ask them if you want.  I would call it nothing more than an excuse, and a dangerous one because it doesn't open one up to actually playing and executing better.

I mean if it’s not a lack of effort why would the players lie about it? Why would they call a meeting to discuss it?

When Iowa is dominating you on the offensive glass you have an effort issue. I know it’s not popular to post about because it just happened under Archie and that’s not Woody’s style. It’s there, it’s been there, and it’s not going away until it’s actually addressed (by the team not on a message board)

2 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Plus thw Wisconsin game. And this game. I’m starting to sense a trend.   

He’s just not good enough. Of course, neither is Phin. Or Lander. Mentally weak and/or low IQ point guards drive me nuts. but I’ve accepted it for this team. 

Sadly, I have to say this iowa game didn’t bother me at all. Par for the course. I’ll sleep like a baby.   

What sucks is that I miss smart basketball. We’ve had what? One…maybe two smart teams since Knight left.