Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Iowa - 01/13/22 @ 9:00 ET on FS1

Just now, brumdog45 said:

But it is a definite problem with an easy fix.  Going from 7 up to 3 down in 2 minutes over something that truly is easily fixable hurts regardless what point of the game it occurs.

But then the starters came back in and went on several big runs. Everything is connected. You can’t just not take the starters out

I'm giving Woodson at least as long as I gave Miller which was about 1 1/2 seasons. He's been better than Miller to this point imo. PG play is sooooooo important in basketball and I never thought XJ was the answer as I brought up serious questions about him in the off season. JHS better be ready to come in and contribute right away next year or my hope for this program will die. That said I still think this season is salvageable. We just won't go anywhere with this PG play.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Just now, yogisballin said:

We “maybe” win 6 more games the rest of the way. Anyone else wanna take that bet?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Being that this was the 666th post of the thread, I’m not touching that bet with a 10 foot pole. 

I'm so disappointed. I was really hoping the day I received this was a victory. Would of been a great story when someone asked me about the piece.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

Box it back up, tape it up and place on your porch Monday. Rinse and repeat as necessary (aka when we have a home game again). The you will have “received it on a victory day”. Is that how this works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of our current staff Woodson ranks 3rd on my wishlist for head coaches.  A change could be made with disrupting things too much. 
If reading correctly Woodson is third of our current staff? If so everyone on staff job depends on Woodson success imo. Meaning if Woodson fails nobody on current staff becomes coach imo. However if he has success maybe fife or someone else could take job

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

We just don’t have the horses.  Trayce, Race, Galloway, And maybe Parker.  They can’t do it all.  Kapp is a quite role player.    X is kind of a bust.   The kids Bates and Geranimo are work in progress but not quite there.   We need a guard with the killer instinct and don’t have one.  I still think things are pointed up, but this is going to be an up and down year.  

Just now, coonhounds said:

If reading correctly Woodson is third of our current staff? If so everyone on staff job depends on Woodson success imo. Meaning if Woodson fails nobody on current staff becomes coach imo. However if he has success maybe fife or someone else could take job

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I disagree.  Two guys in our program have more impressive by a long shot resumes than Woodson you can justify moving them up.  With the interim first and see how things go.  

We get terrible guard play tonight. We missed 15 from distance and nine from the free throw line. 

Yet there on the bench are Leal and Lander. They played a combined total of 0 minutes. 

When we're shi-ting the bed that bad, why not give them a little run? 

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

But then the starters came back in and went on several big runs. Everything is connected. You can’t just not take the starters out

But you do.not. have to take ALL five starters out at once.  How many Big Ten teams have you seen do that against us?  Because we have done it every game in the Big Ten.

When Phin, Bates, Geronimo, Galloway, and Durr are in at the same time.....we do not score.

As bad as we played the second half, we were even for 38 minutes when we had at least two starters on the floor.  When we had none...we were outscored by 10 in two minutes.  And the problem is that we've seen this happen before -- completely not out of the ordinary.

Just now, Golfman25 said:

We just don’t have the horses.  Trayce, Race, Galloway, And maybe Parker.  They can’t do it all.  Kapp is a quite role player.    X is kind of a bust.   The kids Bates and Geranimo are work in progress but not quite there.   We need a guard with the killer instinct and don’t have one.  I still think things are pointed up, but this is going to be an up and down year.  

It was free agency in college basketball why didn’t woody get the players he needed. He either didn’t know he didn’t have the players or he couldn’t get them. Either is a big problem. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

We get terrible guard play tonight. We missed 15 from distance and nine from the free throw line. 

Yet there on the bench are Leal and Lander. They played a combined total of 0 minutes. 

When we're shi-ting the bed that bad, why not give them a little run? 

I'm not a Lander fan....but I'd play him at center over Durr.