Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Iowa - 01/13/22 @ 9:00 ET on FS1

Well that was just a normal bad half of basketball, what I have come to expect at this point. Very frustrating as we can be a good time but for whatever reason can't get it together. All the coaches on our bench you would think that they could limit this.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

I don't think it can be stressed too much how much that all five bench player period that Woodson plays in the first half of games really kills this team.  We're up 7 and give up a 10-0 run in under two minutes.  Pepper the damn bench in.  You.can.not.have a five of Phin, Galloway, Bates, Geronimo, and Durr.  How many times has that kind of five taken away what the starters did and killed our momentum?

We did that in the first half and was our best half. We didn’t in the second and the starters pissed the game away. I don’t think the mass subs were our problem tonight

I know there is a portion of the country that thrives in conspiracy theories, so I have one for you.

Rob Phinisee actually committed to Purdoo.

Think about it!  Don't be a sheep.  

Dude's from Lafayette.  Check.

Dude has played like garbage for IU, costing us dearly when we're trying to win.  Check.

11 letters in Rob Phinisee.  11 letters in Go Yea Purdoo.

See the truth.

He’s expanded his game! Let’s not plant him in the middle of the court to get an advantage by breaking the press.

Couldn’t correct the ball screen defense against Cuse.
Couldn’t get the team to show up against PSU.
Couldn’t tread water against Wiscy in second half.
Couldn’t break the press against Iowa.

There are issues outside of the players here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep yep

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

I don't think it can be stressed too much how much that all five bench player period that Woodson plays in the first half of games really kills this team.  We're up 7 and give up a 10-0 run in under two minutes.  Pepper the damn bench in.  You.can.not.have a five of Phin, Galloway, Bates, Geronimo, and Durr.  How many times has that kind of five taken away what the starters did and killed our momentum?

That didn’t help but didn’t lose us the game!

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Losing because we execute poorly isn’t any better???  It’s just different. 

Where did I say it was better??? But do you really think the solution tonight was 'we needed to try harder'?  

Trying harder while doing the wrong things will produce the exact same result we saw tonight.

I bought this the other week for my man cave that is under construction. It arrived today hopefully it will be good luck.20220113_174637.thumb.jpeg.e6798e674d8da16a95b2add68c760e3b.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm so disappointed. I was really hoping the day I received this was a victory. Would of been a great story when someone asked me about the piece.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Excuses would be saying we lost because of 'effort' rather than execution.  'effort' is such a lazy analysis.  It lacks....effort.

Let’s have a meeting about it. 

Night guys and gals. We are fans of a fringe tourney team. Let’s be thankful we have a chance to make the tournament after a 5 year drought……………………………………….

Rinse and repeat until the next coach………

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
I agree with everything you said except give Woodson time. Let's see who he brings in and what he does. As of now I agree

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Just now, brumdog45 said:

Where did I say it was better??? But do you really think the solution tonight was 'we needed to try harder'?  

Trying harder while doing the wrong things will produce the exact same result we saw tonight.

Good defense is mostly effort.  

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

We did that in the first half and was our best half. We didn’t in the second and the starters pissed the game away. I don’t think the mass subs were our problem tonight

But it is a definite problem with an easy fix.  Going from 7 up to 3 down in 2 minutes over something that truly is easily fixable hurts regardless what point of the game it occurs.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I know there is a portion of the country that thrives in conspiracy theories, so I have one for you.

Rob Phinisee actually committed to Purdoo.

Think about it!  Don't be a sheep.  

Dude's from Lafayette.  Check.

Dude has played like garbage for IU, costing us dearly when we're trying to win.  Check.

11 letters in Rob Phinisee.  11 letters in Go Yea Purdoo.

See the truth.

If you told me he was caught throwing games over a 4 year span I wouldn’t be shocked in the slightest 

Just now, coonhounds said:

I agree with everything you said except give Woodson time. Let's see who he brings in and what he does. As of now I agree

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Of our current staff Woodson ranks 3rd on my wishlist for head coaches.  A change could be made with disrupting things too much. 

Must win at Nebraska and pull off a win against PU at home and I'll forget this one. That's not gonna be easy

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Can we please not lose at Nebrasketball?! I know we’re not good but they’re turrble. I’m sure with our full effort we could spin it into not being THAT bad.