Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Iowa - 01/13/22 @ 9:00 ET on FS1

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

IU opens as a 3-point dog at Iowa, o/u 151. Pomeroy concurs & gives the Hoosiers a 40% chance of victory.

Worth noting IU’s total game score avg is 137.9, an o/u of 151 is way over that. On the flip side Iowa has won 13 of last 14 at home and is a scoring machine.

11 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I’m not really optimistic we’ll get this road W, but screw it I’m going with my crimson glasses

IU 75

Iowa 72

Just a courtesy reminder...this thread is not the prediction thread.  But, I do agree that IU has a really decent chance of winning.

I just want to know how to find which players are likely to suit up.  Been on some Iowa fan sites and haven't seen anything about players being ready.  Just Iowa fans lamenting that Iowa needs work on shot selection, defense and rebounding.  And they are very, very worried about IU winning.

1 hour ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Just a courtesy reminder...this thread is not the prediction thread.  But, I do agree that IU has a really decent chance of winning.

I just want to know how to find which players are likely to suit up.  Been on some Iowa fan sites and haven't seen anything about players being ready.  Just Iowa fans lamenting that Iowa needs work on shot selection, defense and rebounding.  And they are very, very worried about IU winning.

It was probably @Josh or @ALASKA HOOSIER that started posting scores in this thread to trick others in order to move up the prediction rankings. #cheatingdoesntwin unless you're the SEC, top teams in the ACC, several teams in the Big 12, PAC12, and a few in the Big 1.o

32 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Just keep it close and give yourself a chance. All you can really ask. The defensive strategy will be interesting. Do you try to shut down Keegan or do you try and make him score 50 and **** down everyone else?

You play our excellent, high-effort defense with Race and Jordan as the primary defenders, and try to use X or Phin as help because they’re on Toussaint, who is a sub-par outside shooter.

And then you hope that Patrick McCaffery doesn’t score 20 against our threes. I expect to see lots of Miller Kopp—he’s used to B1G road games, and he’s our only three with the length to be effective against P McCaffery.

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You play our excellent, high-effort defense with Race and Jordan as the primary defenders, and try to use X or Phin as help because they’re on Toussaint, who is a sub-par outside shooter.

And then you hope that Patrick McCaffery doesn’t score 20 against our threes. I expect to see lots of Miller Kopp—he’s used to B1G road games, and he’s our only three with the length to be effective against P McCaffery.

This is a game where TJD needs to move the ball inside-out, and Kopp, Stew and yes Rob need to shoot from the perimeter

3 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Line movement seems to imply a notable absence for Indiana. This line shouldn't be as high as 5.5 with a full strength roster.

Well it definitely isn't a "Trayce is out" type of line. Because that'd likely move to +30.5. At least I hope not. Because this is a game that TJD could absolutely dominate with the lack of defense and pace played. 

44 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Does this guy know anything? It was three days ago.

My guess is.... Woody said he wasn't going to be wearing a suit this game. Oddly enough... With human beings... That's enough for people to bet on Iowa. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

My guess is.... Woody said he wasn't going to be wearing a suit this game. Oddly enough... With human beings... That's enough for people to bet on Iowa. 

I hope you are correct.