Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Iowa - 01/13/22 @ 9:00 ET on FS1

Hawkeyes are (11-4) (1-3) its only B1G win at home vs Maryland.  They've lost at home to Illinois and on the road to PUke and Wisky.  Their offense vs our defense.  A road win would be fantastic and could signal that the pieces to our basketball puzzle are slowly coming together.

Radio

Live Stats

And in the category of say it ain't so Woody.  In today's Zoom presser from Mike Schunmann:  Woodson ends the presser to the shock and horror of some, saying there will be no suit tomorrow night.

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And in the category of say it ain't so Woody.  In today's Zoom presser from Mike Schunmann:  Woodson ends the presser to the shock and horror of some, saying there will be no suit tomorrow night.

Woody just threw that nasty Kershaw curve..

Was thinking the game was tonight, glad (hopefully) I should be able to watch tomorrow.

This game is huge. IU has not had a 3 game winning streak in conference in nearly 3 years, have to go back to the Romeo year when IU rattled off 4 in a row at the end to get on the bubble. 

Hope the boys can change that and get a road win as they desperately need it. Go Hoosiers!

As someone that roots against every other B1G team out of spite, I'm extremely grateful that Fran McCaffery hasn't ever really figured out how to pair a defense with his offense, because the man can coach some offense. Outside of his first two years at the helm (hope it's ok with everyone that it fits my narrative) his offenses have finished the year 39th, 58th, 5th, 30th, 25th, 43rd, 19th, 15th, 5th, and 3rd on KenPom, and they're currently 3rd again. 

Keep on keepin' on, Franimal.

Thinking of filing a lawsuit...against Woody and the IU Athletics Department.  Temporary injunction is sought to force our coaches to wear suits at all men's basketball games that they represent Indiana University.  I'm seeking funding for the lawsuit.  That or any IU fans that are lawyers...speak up.  Contact me at #BeatIowaintoaPulp...

As an aside, I wonder if a plaid sports coat would be adequate...

20 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Thinking of filing a lawsuit...against Woody and the IU Athletics Department.  Temporary injunction is sought to force our coaches to wear suits at all men's basketball games that they represent Indiana University.  I'm seeking funding for the lawsuit.  That or any IU fans that are lawyers...speak up.  Contact me at #BeatIowaintoaPulp...

Problem: an injunction maintains the status quo, can't "enjoin" a coach to do that which he isn't doing. 

Problem #2: There are lawyers on this site, including me, lol.

Solution: Plaintiffs file baseless, meritless suits (pun intended) all the time, so file away -- He'll be pissed off, but won't want to fund the expensive lawyers' fees (!) so he'll don the suit anyway!

12 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Problem: an injunction maintains the status quo, can't "enjoin" a coach to do that which he isn't doing. 

Problem #2: There are lawyers on this site, including me, lol.

Solution: Plaintiffs file baseless, meritless suits (pun intended) all the time, so file away -- He'll be pissed off, but won't want to fund the expensive lawyers' fees (!) so he'll don the suit anyway!

Um. As a better lawyer, we enjoin him from changing out of his suit. The suit being the status quo we seek to keep. It’s all in the wording. Then you forum shop to file in a court with an IU fan judge. Win the temporary injunction while the case is pending, and just rack up the billables for years. 

Follow me for more practice tips. 

3 minutes ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

Can we just buy a suit and have it shipped to his attention at the arena? I'll pitch in.

Keep it on the down low. I've hired Tonya Harding and her crew. They'll jump Woodson shortly before the game and force-dress him in the suit. Reverse velcro straps on the cuffs, he'll be stuck in it.

2 hours ago, Dave from Dayton said:

At some point does it become psychological for the players to start thinking they're going to lose when they see Coach in the tracksuit. Hope he doesn't mix it up for Nebraska 

54 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Isn't there some incentives in his contract for Big 1.o championships, tourney success, etc.?

I guess it boils down to Woody not liking success or money?

Woody likes to coach everybody and everything up.  TJD can't go right?  Dammit, he's going to do it until it works.  Can't win without the suit?  Burn that bich and work to overcome.

I like it.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

At some point does it become psychological for the players to start thinking they're going to lose when they see Coach in the tracksuit. Hope he doesn't mix it up for Nebraska 

Woody should wear a funny hat in a game against a cupcake to test its effectiveness.

Then bring out that hat for an NCAA tournament game.