Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

27 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Wow…that stinks for him. I know we all want him to come back, but he eventually wants to play in the NBA and this is a big part of getting there.  

There's maybe something of a silver lining in this for TJD. Having to miss the 5v5 and the individual workouts/interviews because he has to isolate, while missing out on feedback, may mean he gets some more attention from teams during/after next season (highly likely he'll be back now imo) who didn't get to evaluate him now.

13 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

There's maybe something of a silver lining in this for TJD. Having to miss the 5v5 and the individual workouts/interviews because he has to isolate, while missing out on feedback, may mean he gets some more attention from teams during/after next season (highly likely he'll be back now imo) who didn't get to evaluate him now.

It's certainly not great for him of course, and I agree that he'll most likely be back. With that said, the small group team workouts are way more important than the combine, so as long as he gets cleared and his agent can load up his schedule with those, he still will have the opportunity to impress some teams. 

52 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It's certainly not great for him of course, and I agree that he'll most likely be back. With that said, the small group team workouts are way more important than the combine, so as long as he gets cleared and his agent can load up his schedule with those, he still will have the opportunity to impress some teams. 

Yeah completely agree, but as of now he has to self-quarantine and the interviews were cancelled. I'm unclear if he'll still be able to set up individual/team workouts before the deadline, hope he can.

16 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Yeah completely agree, but as of now he has to self-quarantine and the interviews were cancelled. I'm unclear if he'll still be able to set up individual/team workouts before the deadline, hope he can.

Yeah, not sure what the rules are there. For current NBA players (see Al Horford this week) they just need to produce 2 negative tests and they can come back. 

Assuming (not sure though) it's the same for TJD and he can get two negatives, he'd still have time to do the small group workouts with teams. 

Obviously a lot of assumptions there, not clue what TJD's specific situation is. 

Here lies the rub.

I’m a strong believer the best college teams play 8.   Because of roster, and loyalty and style I worry Woody will play 10-11.  I suppose that is ok early but I fear too many guys getting minutes. 

X

(Bates/JHS)

Geronimo

Race

TJD

bench order to me

6. (JHS/Bates)

7. Reneau

8. Galloway

9. Kopp

10-13 Banks, Duncomb, Gunn, Leal

Practices should be something else. Everyone can play.  

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

9. Kopp

Miller Kopp will not be outside the regular rotation. He is the best 3-point shooter on the team. Plus he is a senior and Coach Woodson likes to rely on older, more experienced players.

Now thinking even further ahead.

we replace X, TJD, Race, Kopp at minimum correct?  So 4 plus recruiting spots guaranteed to be open? I realize TJD could come back but.   

nice big class building. I’d like to get 2 bigs and a shooter or a great big and a shooter.  Seems the staff does too.  

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Here lies the rub.

I’m a strong believer the best college teams play 8.   Because of roster, and loyalty and style I worry Woody will play 10-11.  I suppose that is ok early but I fear too many guys getting minutes. 

X

(Bates/JHS)

Geronimo

Race

TJD

bench order to me

6. (JHS/Bates)

7. Reneau

8. Galloway

9. Kopp

10-13 Banks, Duncomb, Gunn, Leal

Practices should be something else. Everyone can play.  

Same top 8 as you. And I’m in agreement that in close games we shouldn’t see 9 and below unless there’s injuries. 

For me I’m think 

Xavier

JHS/Bates

Galloway/Geronimo 

Race

TJD

Malik gets minutes spelling Race and Trayce. 

And really the 4 wings are going to put a lot of pressure on each other. Between the 80 minutes there and 10 or so giving Xavier a spell the guys are going to battle for those minutes. 

If Geronimo is able to develop and be a 3 then this team is very dangerous. I think he can but I am not certain. 

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If Geronimo is able to develop and be a 3 then this team is very dangerous. I think he can but I am not certain. 

That would be huge as would Bates being a multi-dimensional offensive threat. Our ceiling will be very high if at least one of those two guys are able to step up.

Same top 8 as you. And I’m in agreement that in close games we shouldn’t see 9 and below unless there’s injuries. 

For me I’m think 
Xavier
JHS/Bates
Galloway/Geronimo 
Race
TJD

Malik gets minutes spelling Race and Trayce. 

And really the 4 wings are going to put a lot of pressure on each other. Between the 80 minutes there and 10 or so giving Xavier a spell the guys are going to battle for those minutes. 

The curious side of me wants to see Banks and Duncomb get run this season big time. I think Banks could be a Watford type player in time. Not sure where he finds time. The 3 feels full and I’d guess Race and Reneau handle the 4. Not really fit to play the 5. I really like Banks potential. Work hard, young man.

I'll be surpised if the freshman get a ton of minutes. Not Woody's style, nor was it RMK's, unless you have a Zeek, or a Yogi. 

I hope Scoop makes the jump this year, but I'm having my doubts, based on his waning minutes last year.

Personally, I'd like to see us play (some) 5 out ball this year. Or a helluva lot more of 4 out. We "supposedly" have the shooters now to do it. If so, it puts a lot more pressure on Race to develop consistency in his shot from 3. Or use Race to give TJD a blow.

Lots of options.

33 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The curious side of me wants to see Banks and Duncomb get run this season big time. I think Banks could be a Watford type player in time. Not sure where he finds time. The 3 feels full and I’d guess Race and Reneau handle the 4. Not really fit to play the 5. I really like Banks potential. Work hard, young man.

Race and Malik are both small ball 5s.

I expect them to be TJD’s relief pitchers for ten mpg. Every time a coach is on a podcast they intimate that Duncomb has a questionable work ethic.