Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

And the 2016 team fell down when RoJo got hurt. We only had Yogi and NickZeis left as true guards, and had to use Harrison Niego for real minutes.

Now guards and wings with size and athleticism? That's when it gets good.

Yeah I rewatched the 2016 game @Iowa to clinch the conference title and had totally forgotten Niego was the only PG available behind Yogi at the end of the year.

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Opinions on redshirting someone on the roster, and if so, who?  And, what are the chances that player would be receptive to the idea?

I'm a huge proponent of using the RS, especially for big men. Other than for injury I can't recall the last IU red-shirt though. 

The  #12-13 players should always be a candidate, IMO. 

9 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Yeah people forget Race re-classed and then redshirted

I didn't forget, I thought it was because of injury. Either way, perfect example of why more big guys should R/S. 

Freakin Wisconsin has made a killing red-shirting guys that no one had heard of, that emerge for their last couple seasons.   

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

I didn't forget, I thought it was because of injury. Either way, perfect example of why more big guys should R/S. 

Freakin Wisconsin has made a killing red-shirting guys that no one had heard of, that emerge for their last couple seasons.   

Sort of. As Race came in after reclassifying he was young and his body was nowhere near ready for B1G basketball. The pics of him when he committed vs. the next summer are pretty telling.

He was definitely a good redshirt candidate, and it clearly worked out well, he emerged his junior year -- besides the redshirt aspect, it's a strong example of why helping players develop and continuing to invest in them, instead of giving up on them and/or belittling them after their frosh season, is worthwhile. I get really tired of reading people's negative throw-away comments on players during and after their frosh seasons, when the signs of how they could develop are all there.

Just now, Chris007 said:

Not sure where to put this but I'm pretty sure that alcohol will be sold at Assembly Hall next season. New handrails will be put in, so it's not as dangerous while drinking walking up and down. But with football and baseball being so successful this year it's going to move on to basketball I was told. 

Thank god.  

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Not sure where to put this but I'm pretty sure that alcohol will be sold at Assembly Hall next season. New handrails will be put in, so it's not as dangerous while drinking walking up and down. But with football and baseball being so successful this year it's going to move on to basketball I was told. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Thank god.  

|
giphy.gif

If only they had taken such action during the CAM era...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Whatever our roster looks like next season, it won't include Dexter Dennis.

No surprise. Why would he wait around until TJD decides what he will do, especially since most observers do not believe Trayce will be drafted.

3 hours ago, cleeter said:

Multiple people smarter than I, and have way better connections than I, beg to differ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Dennis' point of view or IU's?

I can see a scenario where Dennis chooses A&M over IU regardless of TJD's decision.

What I can't see is a scenario where IU takes Dennis if TJD comes back.  

The scholarship is just not available in that case.  And, I don't think IU forcibly opens a scholarship from the remaining roster.