Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

49 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Dennis is releasing his top 6 today. Hope we make it. I'm sorry but his recruitment has gone a little long for me. I know he's not likely to be a pro so he's trying to get the best NIL deal possible but come on man a top 6 in May.

TJD said in his own words if he's not a top 35 pick he's back. Not sure if he got an invite or not but it seems we would have heard by now. I'm guessing he's not in the top 50 so I would expect him to be back. I actually thought he would have announced that by now. 

I think given that between 60 - 70 players get combine invites that TJD will get one.  I think 69 players got invites last year.

Unfortunately that could extend the waiting time for his decision.

Just now, eddy4iu said:

I think given that between 60 - 70 players get combine invites that TJD will get one.  I think 69 players got invites last year.

Unfortunately that could extend the waiting time for his decision.

I believe you are correct but don't you think he's in the 50-70 range either way. It might make take him a little longer to come to the conclusion but he should be coming back. 

^^ I tend to think he's coming back to grow his game to climb into the first round, and the NIL money changes the equation, but of course he has several options outside the NBA and/or G League where he can make real money as a pro, practice and play against pros, and/or go undrafted and make an NBA team. Can't really call it at this point imo.

FYI, there is more than one Wichita State transfer and I believe it is Ricky Council IV who is announcing his Top six today not Dexter Dennis. Still feel like Dexter would be a great addition if TJD decides to go pro.

22 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

^^ I tend to think he's coming back to grow his game to climb into the first round, and the NIL money changes the equation, but of course he has several options outside the NBA and/or G League where he can make real money as a pro, practice and play against pros, and/or go undrafted and make an NBA team. Can't really call it at this point imo.

I think maybe getting a degree from IU could be up there too as to why I think he is coming back. 

26 minutes ago, mike vannice said:

FYI, there is more than one Wichita State transfer and I believe it is Ricky Council IV who is announcing his Top six today not Dexter Dennis. Still feel like Dexter would be a great addition if TJD decides to go pro.

I’ve been hearing rumblings that Dennis just might wind up in Bloomington no matter what.  I also heard a podcast today that also makes me feel that way too.  I don’t know what roster changes would be made, but TJD not coming back makes it easy but I think TJD will be back and don’t be surprised if Dennis is on our roster as well

1 minute ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I’ve been hearing rumblings that Dennis just might wind up in Bloomington no matter what.  I also heard a podcast today that also makes me feel that way too.  I don’t know what roster changes would be made, but TJD not coming back makes it easy but I think TJD will be back and don’t be surprised if Dennis is on our roster as well

Which podcast? I enjoy listening to them and would love to listen to this.

I really want to give Coach Woodson and his staff credit for keeping guys like Jordan Geronimo, Tamar Bates, and even Logan Duncomb. I feel like in some programs those 3 would've been gone. Geronimo probably would get more playing time at a Providence or a UConn. Bates didn't necessarily live up to his "ranking" as a freshman and could have left much like Collins at Michigan did. Same with Duncomb. Instead, it appears all 3 have bought into this program. I think Geronimo and Bates see a much bigger role next year. In 23-24 all 3 are going to be crucial for IU. I remember after the 12-13 season Abell and Creek left. I feel (and did at the time) had they stuck around for another year that IU would've been way better off. 

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I think maybe getting a degree from IU could be up there too as to why I think he is coming back. 

That by no means needs to be finished now, though. 

Just now, btownqb said:

That by no means needs to be finished now, though. 

Oh for sure. But I think it has an impact. Come back for one more year... Indiana SHOULD (key word here) be pretty good if he does come back. He would probably be a B1G POY favorite and a pre-season All American. Get some NIL money. AND finish up your degree. Potentially improve draft stock. If he doesn't improve his midrange game I unfortunately think he will be a borderline draft pick. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Oh for sure. But I think it has an impact. Come back for one more year... Indiana SHOULD (key word here) be pretty good if he does come back. He would probably be a B1G POY favorite and a pre-season All American. Get some NIL money. AND finish up your degree. Potentially improve draft stock. If he doesn't improve his midrange game I unfortunately think he will be a borderline draft pick. 

You don't have to convince me of the postives! haha 

Just don't think the degree in December (assuming he's an early graduate)... will be part of the equation. I would be shocked, shocked if TJD doesn't end up a college grad though! 

2 hours ago, mike vannice said:

This means (bidding) war!  I would be shocked...shocked!  If Mr. Dennis comes to IU.  Because of the unknowns.

Let me say that I would love to see TJD back.

And Xavier on double secret probation, of course.

Definitely Race!

And the rest of the usual suspects.

Tip of the ole hat to Coach Woody.

(Looks up at the banners and envisions the sixth.)

For the people that talk about schools potentially using NIL money to get more players on the roster, there used to be NCAA rules for the type of support scholarship athletes received compared to walk-ons. For example, scholarship athletes receive access to different levels of tutoring, scheduling of classes, access to more gear, housing options, etc. If you take a player off scholarship, but want to keep him on the roster would that player not lose access to all of those perks? If so, a lot of kids won't want to be on the roster without the scholarship, even if NIL money pays for the tuition/room and board. 

7 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I believe you are correct but don't you think he's in the 50-70 range either way. It might make take him a little longer to come to the conclusion but he should be coming back. 

I do believe that TJD will wear Cream and Crimson next year.  Just hate the suspense of waiting.