Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

I have always thought that if TJD actually committed to shooting the three and wasn't afraid to, he would hit 33% or more. Just wish he had the confidence to do it.

YES I KNOW THIS VIDEO MEANS NOTHING. 

Not sure Demo is gonna like the footwork on that jumper. Spreading your feet out and bringing them back together is not a form shooting best look, eh?

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

I have always thought that if TJD actually committed to shooting the three and wasn't afraid to, he would hit 33% or more. Just wish he had the confidence to do it.

YES I KNOW THIS VIDEO MEANS NOTHING. 

Yeah, posting a video of 1 make is kind of damning with faint praise. It ain’t exactly that  one of Blackmon making 25 in a row.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

So we swapped out:

• Lander, Durr, Stewart, and Phinisee for
  • Reneau, Hood-Schifino, Banks, and Gunn

That is a massive talent upgrade.

I can't even estimate the difference in what left and what was brought in, that is how huge it is. 

Reneau+JHS for Durr+PS alone is HUGEEEE. 

55 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not sure Demo is gonna like the footwork on that jumper. Spreading your feet out and bringing them back together is not a form shooting best look, eh?

That left foot move has always had a little bit  of the Elaine Benes dance move vibe about it. But, in fairness, the release looks a little cleaner. 

5 minutes ago, Demo said:

That left foot move has always had a little bit  of the Elaine Benes dance move vibe about it. But, in fairness, the release looks a little cleaner. 

So Elaine Benes feet and basketball player hands. Gotcha   :)

6 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Your chuckle for the day.

One of the "smart" IU fans wants Dennis to be "apart" of IU basketball. 

Talk about your mixed messages. LOL ... 

If you read this accounts tweets you can tell he gets all his info from btb hsn peegs ect and then puts it out as his own with crystal ball emojis and stuff lol. 

35 minutes ago, Demo said:

I've always been in the want-good-form-but-whatever-works mindset. 

Reggie Miller brought the ball from way down and had a funky looking 3-point shot his whole career. Until Allen was the most prolific 3-point shooters in NBA history and still one of the best ever. Form matters, but it aint the end all

35 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Your chuckle for the day.

One of the "smart" IU fans wants Dennis to be "apart" of IU basketball. 

Sigh ... 

All of those random IU Fan Twitter accounts are absolute cancer. Who starts those things?

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

All of those random IU Fan Twitter accounts are absolute cancer. Who starts those things?

To be fair... every fanbase has these. Hell every sports organization has them on Twitter now. Have you seen the Colts ones? It's friggin nuts the amount of them. 

"I watch sports twice a week on TV, so listen to my opinions on Twitter!" 

49 minutes ago, btownqb said:

To be fair... every fanbase has these. Hell every sports organization has them on Twitter now. Have you seen the Colts ones? It's friggin nuts the amount of them. 

To be fair, it's not just sports. Over the last few years I've learned there are vast numbers of virologists that are also experts in economics and recently found out they are geniuses in geo-politics too!  Having the means (social media) to broadcast an opinion is a powerful draw.....but hey that is why we're all here, pooling our ignorance, am I right!?

56 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah no doubt. I just see ours in my explore page all the time and new ones are popping up all the time.

Also, regarding that TJD jumper video, it's certainly positive to see him expanding his game, but from a strictly IU perspective, Trayce not taking/hitting 15ft jumpers is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY down the list as far as problems that need to be fixed. I put that squarely in the "nice to have" column, because if we had a couple other guys consistently hitting 15-20ft shots, he'd do even better staying in the paint, I think. 

So, if TJD stays, I'd rather see Kopp, Bates and Jordan working on their outside game.