Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’ll be bummed if we miss out on a contributor because we didn’t want to rock the boat and Crean the 12th or 13th man. 

I don’t support Creaning and I am sure many others do as well!  Players now have the transfer portal if they aren’t getting PT, not fitting in or whatever the reason, but if he still chooses not to be in the portal then  he really really wants to be at that school and part of the team.  Why can’t we all support that kid who really wants to be there!

ldl saga continues. This is one for the ages.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Everything around this recruitment seems a little…dramatic…?

Not a knock on DD as he seems like a good person from what others say, but definitely a little different than the persona of a few of our current players (JHS, TJD, Race, Reneau, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had read from a big Wichita State fan the other day that the Shockers were looking to put a competitive NIL package together for him.  Considering that they've had like 9 players enter the portal, there is less competition for their NIL money.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I had read from a big Wichita State fan the other day that the Shockers were looking to put a competitive NIL package together for him.  Considering that they've had like 9 players enter the portal, there is less competition for their NIL money.

Has Morris Udeze entered the portal? We know him, great kid, my son used to train with him here outside Houston

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Has Morris Udeze entered the portal? We know him, great kid, my son used to train with him here outside Houston

Yes, he entered the portal....one of nine players from Wichita State to do so.  It's a pretty good group in the portal.  Among them:

Udeze, 6'8" forward, one year of eligiblity left:  25 minutes/game, 10.2 ppg, 6.1 rpg

Ricky Council, three years left:  6'6" wing, 27 mpg, 12.0 ppg, 5.4 rpg

Dexter Dennis, one year left:  6'5" wing, AAC defensive player of the year, 8.4 ppg, 5.0 rpg

Tyson Etienne, Wichita's leading scorer, decided to turn pro and hire and agent.  He won't be drafted and is probably an overseas candidate. 

Should be noted that Craig Porter recently entered the portal and quickly withdrew his name from the portal -- after Wichita State put together an NIL deal.  Wichita State has quickly put together an NIL collective with Armchair Strategies.  Porter will receive a car in a deal with a local insurance firm, a signing bonus with Armchair Strategies, and other opportunities with local businesses.  Looks like Wichita State is trying to play catch up -- four of their players already have transferred elsewhere but their higher end transfers (Udeze, Council, Dennis, and Porter) have not signed elsewhere yet.  My guess is Dennis is being offered a deal similar to Porter's -- Porter averaged 7.3 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 3.6 assists but has a decent upside with three years of eligibility left.  Could be that Dennis ends up back at Wichita State.

REALLY nice shooter in the portal now -- Umoja Gibson of Oklahoma.  Will actually be playing his sixth year (he played two years his first year before being injured and then receiving a redshirt.

He played three years at North Texas before transferring to Oklahoma and playing his next two years.  For Oklahoma last year, he averaged 13.3 points per game.  He's a bulk three point shooter -- took 6.7 threes per game last year to match his career 6.7/game averaged.  For his career, he has made 339 out of 857 from three (40%).  Career 41/40/83 shooter.  Was honorable mention all-Big 12 last season.

23 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Should be noted that Craig Porter recently entered the portal and quickly withdrew his name from the portal -- after Wichita State put together an NIL deal.  Wichita State has quickly put together an NIL collective with Armchair Strategies.  Porter will receive a car in a deal with a local insurance firm, a signing bonus with Armchair Strategies, and other opportunities with local businesses.  Looks like Wichita State is trying to play catch up -- four of their players already have transferred elsewhere but their higher end transfers (Udeze, Council, Dennis, and Porter) have not signed elsewhere yet.  My guess is Dennis is being offered a deal similar to Porter's -- Porter averaged 7.3 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 3.6 assists but has a decent upside with three years of eligibility left.  Could be that Dennis ends up back at Wichita State.

Terre Haute kid getting big paid. Good for him. I had no idea he was at Wichita. 

29 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

REALLY nice shooter in the portal now -- Umoja Gibson of Oklahoma.  Will actually be playing his sixth year (he played two years his first year before being injured and then receiving a redshirt.

He played three years at North Texas before transferring to Oklahoma and playing his next two years.  For Oklahoma last year, he averaged 13.3 points per game.  He's a bulk three point shooter -- took 6.7 threes per game last year to match his career 6.7/game averaged.  For his career, he has made 339 out of 857 from three (40%).  Career 41/40/83 shooter.  Was honorable mention all-Big 12 last season.

Sounds like who we need if we had any openings 

38 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Yes, he entered the portal....one of nine players from Wichita State to do so.  It's a pretty good group in the portal.  Among them:

Udeze, 6'8" forward, one year of eligiblity left:  25 minutes/game, 10.2 ppg, 6.1 rpg

Dexter Dennis, one year left:  6'5" wing, AAC defensive player of the year, 8.4 ppg, 5.0 rpg

Tyson Etienne, Wichita's leading scorer, decided to turn pro and hire and agent.  He won't be drafted and is probably an overseas candidate. 

Call me old school but there just seems to be something morally and ethically wrong with this and the entire NIL landscape 

2 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Call me old school but there just seems to be something morally and ethically wrong with this and the entire NIL landscape 

It is what it is.  I'd prefer this to having the only teams succeeding being the ones that paying money that wasn't allowed.  The NCAA turned a blind eye to the blue bloods previously.  

I wouldn't assume that businesses paying into an NIL agreement aren't making a profit off of it.  I would say a lot of them are in the increased advertising and exposure they get.

On 4/26/2022 at 12:30 PM, PB1230 said:

Archie had like 7 unfilled roster spots over the span of his 4 years, and was seemingly struggling to get what he did. Archie was never in position to churn and push out players. 

If only there were signs...

3 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

I am only interested if he's replacing Kopp. That appears less likely every day.  

Yeah the longer this goes the less likely I think they get Dennis. Honestly Geronimo officially coming back may have been it. Not sure he wants to come off the bench if he were to transfer at IU. He would have to earn that final starting spot. 

3 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Morris has been an ACC player of the week, his stats don’t really reflect how good he is. Really unassuming, bright kid (also a several time academic all american or something like that), came out of Richmond TX, which is basically a far out SW Houston suburb not far from where we live, my son worked out with him and an AAU coach regularly. He’s the kind of up front player who helps the whole team