Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

1 hour ago, PB1230 said:

Based on the weird timing of the top 5 tweet after he'd already been on some visits suggests that he had maybe been on the verge of committing earlier but had to switch gears. Either the spot was no longer available or he was told he had to wait and he had stall and/or start exploring other options. For example, when Dennis scheduled his visit with IU, there was a clear opening since Reneau had yet to commit, and when Dennis visited, the staff may have still been unsure about JG's status. IU's staff might still want him and he still might want to commit, but the staff might want to figure out the logistics of the roster spot first. Had IU lost on Reneau or JG, no such logistics would have been needed

I think @WayneFleekHoosier was right yesterday. Said this could have been to allow the staff more time to figure out the logistics. I never though the "top 5" made sense and was silly if true.

2 hours ago, PB1230 said:

Based on the weird timing of the top 5 tweet after he'd already been on some visits suggests that he had maybe been on the verge of committing earlier but had to switch gears. Either the spot was no longer available or he was told he had to wait and he had stall and/or start exploring other options. For example, when Dennis scheduled his visit with IU, there was a clear opening since Reneau had yet to commit, and when Dennis visited, the staff may have still been unsure about JG's status. IU's staff might still want him and he still might want to commit, but the staff might want to figure out the logistics of the roster spot first. Had IU lost on Reneau or JG, no such logistics would have been needed

I would hope if we're offering scholarships we don't have available, we've already dug deep into the logistics of the roster spots and had a plan in mind. 

If he comes, I’m a fan.  Hope whatever is best for everyone involved works out.

FWIW, he retweeted a post from an IU fan that said he should repost his previous tweet with a pin in Bloomington and ‘put a padlock on it’.  Could very well be that they are waiting on TJD’s official decision before deciding how they need to proceed before Dexter officially commits.

LDL could mean a lot of things.  One that I have heard is...let's discuss live.

LDL could also mean Little Dog Laughed.  It is a play that skewers the entertainment industry and happy endings the way they 'should' be. To me that means something like someone is motivated differently than others may think.

In other words, I have no idea what it means to Dexter Dennis.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Could very well be that they are waiting on TJD’s official decision before deciding how they need to proceed before Dexter officially commits.

I believe that is exactly the case. IU scheduled several visits. By the time Dexter Dennis and Sean McNeil arrived on campus there were no openings on the roster. The best the coaching staff could do was tell Dexter Dennis that if TJD decides to go to the NBA, the open roster slot is his. All this speculation about Anthony Leal was nonsense. We'll see if Dexter is willing to wait. In the meantime McNeil committed to Ohio State (and will probably score some critical baskets against us).

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

I would hope if we're offering scholarships we don't have available, we've already dug deep into the logistics of the roster spots and had a plan in mind. 

Though that’s sort of the point, maybe there hasn’t ever been a true scholarship offer yet, and the staff has been telling him all along that one could become available dependent on other decisions. As long as the staff has been open and straight forward with everyone, I don’t see it as a big deal if a plan is still evolving

6 hours ago, PB1230 said:

While I think that Bates and Geronimo both have a chance of being a starter, I think its a bit of a longshot that both start, but would be great if both do so. Both just have a few too many things to develop, that the odds of both doing so seem a little slim. My guess is that it would be JHS/Bates at the 2/3 spots

You’re probably right. I just think Geronimo came on at the end of the season and that trajectory continues. So it’s a Bates/JHS debate for me. I went with the soph leap, as both were similarly ranked and JHS is a true freshmen and coach liked doing whole line substitutions. Lol

5 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

We had a spot available the day he visited. It's my understanding that staff tried to get him to commit and he didn't. A couple days later Reneau visited and committed.