Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

9 hours ago, ziggyiu said:

Rumor is he wanted to redshirt Duncomb last year. That kind of makes sense with Duncomb being 3rd string behind TJD and Durr.

But what CMW wanted last summer and what he wants this summer will change.

For example, there's no Durr this year. Another difference from this time last year is he landed Reneau, and has a beat on a few really good bigs for 2023.

Also, although Duncomb didn't technically redshirt, he effectively used last year to weight train, get acclimated to the college game, etc. He doesn't need to do it again. 

Dumcomb is kind of a sleeper. He wasn't fully healthy and had to build his body, and was behind seasoned vets as a frosh. 

Consider Race's frosh look to his soph look... Race wasn't ready either and redshirted. I'm looking forward to seeing what a soph Duncomb might grow into

Image result for race thompson image freshman

Will Race Thompson continue his family's Big Ten tradition?

Btw, Race didn't become a full-time starter until his redshirt junior year

29 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Dumcomb is kind of a sleeper. He wasn't fully healthy and had to build his body, and was behind seasoned vets as a frosh. 

Consider Race's frosh look to his soph look... Race wasn't ready either and redshirted. I'm looking forward to seeing what a soph Duncomb might grow into

Exactly my point. 

20 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Is Race going to have the record for most seasons as a rostered player? Anyone else have 6 years with medical redshirts or anything?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

At IU or in general? I can think of non-IU players like Evan Eschmeyer.

31 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

So...maybe.

Just because Race gained physically and worked his butt off to improve doesn't mean the same will hold true for Logan D. Could happen, but not necessarily.

I think TJD comes back because of NIL and not being able to get drafted in a position to make more money. 

My guess in starting 5 to start the season:

XJ, Bates, Geronimo, Race, TJD

bench:

JHS, Leal, Galloway, Kopp, Reneau

I’m interested to see how much weight Duncomb puts on. He likely odd man out but have an eye on his junior year to step in after Race and TJD are gone. 
I also think Bates makes that sophomore leap. His form looked good on his shot and he is athletic. I just have this feeling he will shoot well and average 12+ppg next year, while playing good defense. 

11 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I think TJD comes back because of NIL and not being able to get drafted in a position to make more money. 

bench:

I’m interested to see how much weight Duncomb puts on. He likely odd man out but have an eye on his junior year to step in after Race and TJD are gone. 
I also think Bates makes that sophomore leap. His form looked good on his shot and he is athletic. I just have this feeling he will shoot well and average 12+ppg next year, while playing good defense. 

Here’s the thing if the calculus works out for TJD to come back for year number 4.  How much can really change for it not be the smart play to come back for 5. 

It used to be pretty pointless to come back for a 4th year if you were a fringe NBA player. With NIL it now may make sense to stick around 

9 minutes ago, Feathery said:

bench:

While I think that Bates and Geronimo both have a chance of being a starter, I think its a bit of a longshot that both start, but would be great if both do so. Both just have a few too many things to develop, that the odds of both doing so seem a little slim. My guess is that it would be JHS/Bates at the 2/3 spots

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

So...maybe.

Just because Race gained physically and worked his butt off to improve doesn't mean the same will hold true for Logan D. Could happen, but not necessarily.

Sure one never knows, but Duncomb came in a top 100 ranked kid, no reason at this point I'm aware of not to expect him to put in the work. Race of course reclassed, but still a good ref point, he averaged under 4 points and boards as a soph, development...

19 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Looks like the 'top 5 coming soon' tweet from Dennis has been taken down.

Based on the weird timing of the top 5 tweet after he'd already been on some visits suggests that he had maybe been on the verge of committing earlier but had to switch gears. Either the spot was no longer available or he was told he had to wait and he had stall and/or start exploring other options. For example, when Dennis scheduled his visit with IU, there was a clear opening since Reneau had yet to commit, and when Dennis visited, the staff may have still been unsure about JG's status. IU's staff might still want him and he still might want to commit, but the staff might want to figure out the logistics of the roster spot first. Had IU lost on Reneau or JG, no such logistics would have been needed