Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

20 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I like the OSU roster including the recruits coming in.  Same with Michigan if their big 3 return.  Howard’s kid is good, better than I thought. 

Ohio State has a lot of moving parts and I'm not sure they will actually be better next year than last year.  Liddel, Branham, and Young were their top three scorers and they are all gone.  In total, seven of their top eight scorers are gone.

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Starting lineup with TJD returning and not getting Dennis.

X, JHS, JG, Race, TJD 

Bates, Kopp, Galloway, Malik, Banks?

Leal, Gunn, Duncomb leftover?

I think it’s either JG or Tamar for the 5th spot. Whoever isn’t starting is the first one off the bench with Malik. Also think Galloway’s minutes will drop unless he develops a shot. Maybe IU should redshirt Banks? Don’t see him getting a lot of minutes. Really what they should’ve done with Logan had he let them. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I think it’s either JG or Tamar for the 5th spot. Whoever isn’t starting is the first one off the bench with Malik. Also think Galloway’s minutes will drop unless he develops a shot. Maybe IU should redshirt Banks? Don’t see him getting a lot of minutes. Really what they should’ve done with Logan had he let them. 

You are correct, Duncomb should have been redshirted.  Maybe he will be red shirted this next year along with Leal!

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Assuming Trayce does return this will probably be the best I’ve felt about the long term future of IU basketball since I’ve been a fan. Front court wise they’ll have Trayce, Race, Geronimo, and Malik this yea. The following year it’ll be Geronimo, Malik, and Banks with hopefully Duncomb (why I don’t want him to leave.. he will play a lot as a jr/sr). Backcourt wise X, JHS, Tamar this year. The following year JHS, Tamar, Cupps, and Newton. Add in the possibility of getting ‘23 KJ Evans IU has a really good two year window to make some noise. Probably the best window since the ‘12 and ‘13 teams. I get why a lot of you aren’t as optimistic. Woodson has to improve on some things. But I’m really pumped for the next few years. 

I think CMW was the right hire at the right time!  Other than how he handled Fife, he is the best coach we’ve had since Sampscum and if things keep progressing, he’ll pass him and be our best coach since RMK!  There is a lot to like about him and the direction of the program 

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

You are correct, Duncomb should have been redshirted.  Maybe he will be red shirted this next year along with Leal!

I'd be surprised if CMW wants to redshirt two players he didn't initially recruit to take up an extra year of scholarships when we believes in his ability to upgrade the talent year after year with his own high school and portal recruiting. 

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I would say Gunn is the better redshirt candidate.

4 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

I'd be surprised if CMW wants to redshirt two players he didn't initially recruit to take up an extra year of scholarships when we believes in his ability to upgrade the talent year after year with his own high school and portal recruiting. 

He wanted Duncomb to redshirt last year, so not sure that holds true.

2 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I doubt we would redshirt 2 and only have 11 scholarship players.

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

If we run a 2nd unit, I think Banks would be a great 3. Bates, Galloway, Banks, Kopp, Reneau. 

I'll take a stab at minutes projections because what else is there to do..Woodson went around 10 guys deep last year. I'd expect it to be 7-8 come March

Trayce 32

Xavier 29

Race 25

Jalen 23

Geronimo 22

Tamar 19

Malik 16

Galloway 14

Kopp 12

Banks 8

Race's minutes drop a little due to Geronimo getting more PT and the arrival of Malik. Trey's minutes will drop if he doesn't develop a shot. Kopp really shouldn't see more than 12 minutes a game. 

3 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

He wanted Duncomb to redshirt last year, so not sure that holds true.

Rumor is he wanted to redshirt Duncomb last year. That kind of makes sense with Duncomb being 3rd string behind TJD and Durr.

But what CMW wanted last summer and what he wants this summer will change.

For example, there's no Durr this year. Another difference from this time last year is he landed Reneau, and has a beat on a few really good bigs for 2023.

Also, although Duncomb didn't technically redshirt, he effectively used last year to weight train, get acclimated to the college game, etc. He doesn't need to do it again.