Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

28 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hey—it’s a message board and part of it is vetting and discussing rumors. But this Kentucky Twitter account is two weeks old and filled with racist and NSFW filth.

Thinking we can give this zero additional attention, which is exactly what it merits.

Yeah the rumors are starting to expand on bleacher report at the moment 

Hey—it’s a message board and part of it is vetting and discussing rumors. But this Kentucky Twitter account is two weeks old and filled with racist and NSFW filth.
Thinking we can give this zero additional attention, which is exactly what it merits.
Lol it's true. Bad news always seems true when dealing with iu even from the sketchiest of sources

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Lol it's true. Bad news always seems true when dealing with iu even from the sketchiest of sources

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Sucks

Assuming TJD comes back.. which I guess might actually happen now LOL.

These are the 10 I think play.. at least as of today. Now after an off-season program and who develops their shooting ability, then our starting line - up could be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if Kopp starts again. The fight for the starting 2 will be a battle between Hood and Tamar. I just know for sure Johnson, TJD, and Race would be starting. 

We have depth for sure.

Xaiver / Hood

Tamar / Gunn

Galloway / Kopp

Race / Jordan

TJD / Malik

DNPCD's : Leal, Logan, Banks

1 minute ago, Trish said:

These are the 10 I think play.. at least as of today. Now after an off-season program and who develops their shooting ability, then our starting line - up could be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if Kopp starts again. The fight for the starting 2 will be a battle between Hood and Tamar. I just know for sure Johnson, TJD, and Race would be starting. 

We have depth for sure.

Xaiver / Hood

Tamar / Gunn

Galloway / Kopp

Race / Jordan

TJD / Malik

You forgot either Dennis or McNeil, Gunn will need a year, and Banks may be a whole lot more notable than he's been getting credit for.

In other words, at this point? We just don't know..

4 minutes ago, Trish said:

We have depth for sure.

Xaiver / Hood

Tamar / Gunn

Galloway / Kopp

Race / Jordan

TJD / Malik

11 minutes ago, Trish said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kopp starts again.

It's not popular or particularly fun to think about, but I agree here... If he's back, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

Still a long way to go and I don't think we have seen the last of our players transferring out. I won't speculate on who that could be but there are a few players who just don't fit with where this roster is headed. 

I am not really feeling a roster with both McNeil and Kopp, and I am a fan of adding Dexter Dennis to give us a lockdown wing defender. Just my opinion though

23 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It's not popular or particularly fun to think about, but I agree here... If he's back, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

He had his moments for sure. But I think Woodson really likes his size and the thought of his ability to shoot. If Kopp can be more consistent then I wouldn't mind him getting blown by on most drives, especially if we have TJD there to block every shot at the rim. 

35 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You forgot either Dennis or McNeil, Gunn will need a year, and Banks may be a whole lot more notable than he's been getting credit for.

In other words, at this point? We just don't know..

I forgot they were looking to add more. It's very much too early to predict but I feel confident saying Logan and Leal probably won't see the floor next year, which is fine. 

The guard battles will be fun, curious to see if Gunn could come in similar to Franklin a couple years ago. Not expecting too much, but maybe a surprise his first year. Jordan, Banks, Race, TJD, Malik... Banks has his hands full starting in June. 

17 minutes ago, Trish said:

He had his moments for sure. But I think Woodson really likes his size and the thought of his ability to shoot. If Kopp can be more consistent then I wouldn't mind him getting blown by on most drives, especially if we have TJD there to block every shot at the rim. 

I forgot they were looking to add more. It's very much too early to predict but I feel confident saying Logan and Leal probably won't see the floor next year, which is fine. 

The guard battles will be fun, curious to see if Gunn could come in similar to Franklin a couple years ago. Not expecting too much, but maybe a surprise his first year. Jordan, Banks, Race, TJD, Malik... Banks has his hands full starting in June. 

The chances of Leal or Duncomb seeing the floor are far, far better than the chances of Gunn seeing the floor next year. Gunn has a guaranteed slot on the roster.

If somehow we get Dennis, McNeil and TJD returns we have to push 3 out. I see the list being these three even though I really don’t want to see Leal forced out cause that dude is so likeable and would do anything to wear Indiana across his chest. I’m actually hoping just two in that scenario and we keep Leal.

Logan, Kopp, Leal

21 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The chances of Leal or Duncomb seeing the floor are far, far better than the chances of Gunn seeing the floor next year. 

If Gunn demonstrates he can shoot from long range, he will see the floor.  Reneau's commitment is obviously great news and exciting. But it doesn't address the primary weakness of the team--3 point shooting. The shooting guards currently are Trey Galloway (21% from 3--point range), Anthony Leal (31%) and Tamar Bates (29%). Gunn shot 37% this past season. Obviously, college defenses are better than high school. But if Gunn can shoot 37% from 3-point, he will earn playing time unless the others shoot considerably better next season than they did this past season.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not accurate.

We are currently at thirteen and that includes Trayce. If we add any more players someone will have to leave. Apparently at most two players, though I doubt it'd be two slots.

I don't like suggesting named current IU players that should go. I'll say this though. Anthony Leal is as true-blue and dedicated to Indiana basketball as possible. He should never feel he is not wanted at IU.

Not sure why I thought that put us one over but good catch. And agree Leal is my favorite player because of his passion for IU.